First Night (Part 3)

★✩Sparks Fly✩★

[Hye Na POV]

I took a deep breath of the fresh air and laid down on my back. Thinking about everything. The past, the present and the future. 

{Flashback}

It was a week after Jinki and I became friends.  "Before I came here, were you always alone?" I slowly nodded. 

"Why?" he quietly asked. 

"I don't know. They just repel away from me. The nearer I got, the further they go..."

"Hmm. It's funny. I have no idea what they are thinking. Oh well, their loss. But now you have me!"  He stuck out his hand and I didn't hesitate to place my hand on his. I giggled as he pulled me up from my sitting position and watch as he intertwined his hands with mine. And with that, we ran across the garden, away from the rest. 

Back then, having him as a friend was more than enough and to be honest, I've always regarded him as my hero. When I was so helpless, he came along and gave me strength to carry on. Hence the name.

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey Jinki, whatcha doing?" I asked, clutching to my stuffed toy. I watched as he pack his toys into a bag. A daisy chain that I made for him days before hung on his neck. The flowers weren't as pretty as they should be. Anymore. They were dull and dark, instead of the cheery yellow and white. 

"Packing."

"Wae?" I asked him curiously.

"I'll tell you later. For now, Hye Na!~ I've something to give you. Open up!" he smiled at me with his usual bright smile. 

"Jinja?" My eyes lit up immediately as I opened my hands, palms up. 

"Now close your eyes." I shut my eyes immediately.  I heard a few footsteps then I could feel something cold and hard on my palms. 

"Now open." I opened my yes to see a charm. It was a bird in a circle and the craftsmanship was so exquisite. I beamed at him.

"Gomwao Jinki!~" He gave a boyish grin and ruffled my hair.

"Actually Hye Na, the reason why I'm packing, is that... Is that someone is adopting me."

The moment I heard that, I felt so betrayed. I felt like the daisy chain. Dark and dull. That's what I will be if Jinki leaves. We had swore to be adopted into the same family. My heart clenched up and I ran out the room, tears spilling. "Why?"

At 3.30 that day, Jinki new family came. There were 4 of them. His new family.  I waved goodbye at him through the window. I just couldn't bear to see him leave up close. I waved until the car was out of the orphanage and out of sight.  And at that very moment, I cried.

One, for losing a friend.

Two, for not giving him a proper goodbye.

And three, for liking him. Not as a friend, but as a boy. 

Just then, one of the unnies walked in. She gave me a pat on the shoulders and whispered, "Hye Na-yah, Jinki left this for you. He said to give it to him when he leaves." She passed me and envelope. "Stay strong." And with that, she went out of the room. 

Dear Hye Na,

Jinki here! ㅋㅋ. I know that when you read this letter, I'll probably won't be here in the orphanage anymore, to protect you, to cheer you up, and to hang out with you. Mianhe... But we can always meet up again or something.  

Yah, start making some girl friends. Don't be so tomboyish. Did I mention that I feel that I had a part in making you the way you are now? I taught you to climb trees, to sprint, to fold paper boats, and to play soccer and basketball... 

You are not allowed to forget me. I forbid you too. Make friends, but don't forget me arraso? But I have a feeling that you are going to bury yourself in books, reading under our apple tree.  Speaking of that, you gotta take care of that tree. You just have to. That tree is old. ㅋㅋ

And Hye Na, if you miss me, you can always look back at our old photos and smile. And yeah, you better take care of that charm. It costs a month of my savings.  Hye Na Hwaiting!  Ppyong!~

Playfully yours, Jinki. 

I sighed and stretched my arms. And that was when Onew came and sat beside me.  "Yo," he greeted as he sat in the same way as I did.  "Hey Onew, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, ask ahead."

"Just asking, but do you believe in people meeting once again? Even though they had lost contact for more than 5 years?"

"Believe it or not, I do. Trust me." He replied without hesitating.

 And so I did. 

HELLO!~

This chapter is mostly a flashback chapter. I hope you guys won't get confused or something...

Heh >_________<

Thank you to all of those who are currently reading or have subbed to this fanfic of mine, it makes me really really happy to know that you guys are enjoying my story. ^^

And yeah, remember to comment down below!

Ppyong!~