Culprit

★✩Sparks Fly✩★

[Hye Na POV]

"You know, she or he is going to get it from me." I watched as he ate his lunch. 

"Who?" He paused, his chopsticks in mid-air. 

"The culprit. I think it may be Jessica or someone else, but who ever it is, they hate me so much that they want to kill me. 

"No. Let them be. You know, my parents always told me that they would be punished sooner or later even if you don't interfere. It's karma."

"Aish! You sound so old fashioned!" I . 

"Hmm. Today's a Thursday. Why aren't you in school?"

"Oh, about that I called Mrs Jung yesterday and she told me it's fine. So here I am." 

[Onew POV]

I showed her the button. "I didn't do it. I was in detention." Jessica stated. "Ask Miss Yoon if you don't believe me. And I would never do that. It's so low." She batted her eyelashes at me.  I eyed at her sleeve. There was no missing button. 

"Kay. Thanks." I replied smoothly and carried on searching. *Who could it be* I closed my fingers around the button. I had picked up the button near the flower pot at the back of th school where the flower pot was dropped on Minwoo. So whoever was the one that threw the pot down has a uniform that is missing a button.  Unknowingly, I walked to where Minwoo got injured-- the back of the school. I turned around the corner, and saw someone there before me.

[Minwoo POV]

"Hye Na, maybe you should go back home and take a rest. You know, I can take care of myself."

"Are you chasing me away No Minwoo?" She asked, shocked. 

"Wae? Ani...I...I" I flustered. I definitely do not want her to misunderstand.  And unexpectedly, she laughed.

"I'm just joking okay?" She smiled.

"Sheesh. But you should at least go to school tomorrow." I insisted. 

She stuck out her tongue at me. "No way~" She taunted.

"Yah! You need to get my homework! And I want to know what I'm missing. So you need to go to school and teach me what the teachers taught you when you come back!" I reasoned. 

"Fine~ I'll go okay. But I shall keep you company now alright?"

I relaxed. "Sounds good."

[Onew POV]

I inched closer. *Who is it?* I tapped her on the shoulders. She jumped, hit my hand away and ran a short distance before turning back. "Ah Jung?" She pushed her glasses up her nose and stared at me for a little while.

"Onew Oppa?" She tilted her head as she walked closer. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"Oh.. I'm.. I... I'm finding something." she stumbled over her words.  Ah Jung was the nerd of the school. And every year, at the end of the year prize day, she would stand for an excruciating long time while the principal read out all the subjects that she had topped. Well, she topped all the subjects except for Physical Ed, where she was given special permission to skip to study instead.  However, with the enrollment of Hye Na this year, it was no longer the case. Hye Na tops in English and History, taking over the position of Ah Jung in the two subjects. 

"This?" I held up the button, watching her facial expression closely.  Her dace brightened.

"Neh Oppa! Where did you find it?" She reached out to grab it. But I pulled it away from her reach.

"I found it here. The day when Minwoo got injured. Near the flower pot." I looked at her. Her face was now stricken with fear.

"Mianhe! I didn't mean to hit Minwoo. It was for someone else.. It was meant for..."

I cut off her sentence. "Hye Na." She stared at the ground and nodded slowly. 

"But...why her?" Actually, I already knew why, but I wanted to get the full story. 

"Well..." She pulled her knees closer to her chest as she sat on the concrete path. "You know, I've always been first in all the written subjects right?"  I nodded.  "Yeah, and that was before Hye Na came into the picture.....And, when she tops in English and History, I was just so insecure. I don't like things taken away from me. It just feel so wrong. My mum... She expects me to top all the subjects every year. I... I need the scholarship. My mum can't afford it. That's why. I need it that badly..." She choked. 

"But.... That's no reason for you to hit or kill somebody. What were you thinking of?"

"I... I thought that she would probably lose some of her memories in the academic aspect and I...will be first again..." Tears were now flowing down her cheeks. 

"Here." I handed her a tissue. 

"Gomawo. But-can I ask you for a favor?" She pushed her fringe out of her eyes. 

"I'll see what is it."

"Will you please… keep it to yourself? I'll be expelled if they found out it was me. And my life would be over..." She wiped her nose with her sleeve. 

"I'll..." I hesitated.

 Finally. The culprit revealed. Was it who you expected? 

And will Onew agree to keep it to himself?

Stay tuned for the next chapter!~ (LOLs, I sound as if I'm advertising something. Haha)

And, I was like really happy when I saw your comments and subscription.

I thank you again for your support and generous comments. :D

Actually, I wanted to update on Monday. But since some nice commenters are asking me to update soon, I decided to do it today! (:

Yeah. Were you curious about what song it was from the previous chapter? The white knight in shining armor one? Well, if you are, comment below and I'll tell you. 

Kay then. Bye for now. I'll be back. (: