Chapter 2

Dark Side

"Baekhyun run!"  My dad said as I fastened my pace. My father wants me to hide and I don't even know why. One minute, we're on the park playing together since mom has to go to work and the next thing I know is someone confronted dad. 

Every after school, I always come home early to help dad with his business. I love spending time with him, I love hearing his stories about his childhood and how he met mom. I love hearing his voice, I love being with my dad. 

"Dad.. Please run faster we can lost them!" I shouted when I see those men slowly stopping their pace. My dad was too weak that time since he's a bit old,he also has a weak stamina and I being the younger and stronger onehas to drag him as much as I could to escape those guys. But I felt something pushed me and it was dad. 

I fell on the bush and I felt my back ache. I saw him motioned me to keep quiet and I nodded. "Take care of your mom and yourself son.." He said and I just nodded again. Holding onto the cold grass that night, tears were already streaming down my face as I felt fear. Fear that I've never felt before, that same fear that made me who I am today. 

As I saw those men run again, I wanted to go and grab dad but he just stood there. Waiting for them to catch him, we should have ran away but I know that they will never stop until they get what they want. MONEY and LIFE. 

Dad is an innocent man and among those people in the world he's the one who was chosen to die on that very day.The day that was very important to me, my birthday. He died on my very own birthday. 

"Leave me alone!" I heard my dad said but I heard a loud thud. "No, give us money first. You borrowed right? For your business? Now give it back.." One of the guys said. My dad was weakly lying on the floor but I saw his eyes filled with bravery. I never even saw him flinch when the guy took out his gun. 

"I said I don't have today!" My dad said as he tried to stand up but then he got kicked on the ground again. "Boss what should we do?"  One of the guys asked. I saw him wearing a suit, he seemed rich but he looks greedy. He must have been their leader. 

"The normal.."  He said and I heard gunshots. I covered my ears as my body trembled in fear. My eyes are shut tight and I crouched on the ground. Hearing the silence around me, I saw my dad with tears in his eyes. I saw blood coming out from him and his eyes are fixed on mine. His eyes are pleading with pain but I can't do anything but to hide there and watch. 

One of the guys even kicked his back and my dad yelped in pain. He was just looking at me, until his eyes closed. 

I wanted to scream and kill those guys but I know I was helpless, I know I was weak. I heard someone chuckle and I saw their boss holding out his gun. He fired another shot again and I stood there frozen. Do they even have souls? 

Right after making sure that dad was already dead, those guys just left his body there. Dumped in the dark street, I slowly made sure they were gone before I approach my dad. 

"D-Dad.. Wake up.." I saw while shaking his body hoping that he will wake up but I hear no answer. My hands are already soaked with his blood but I don't care. All I want is to see him wake up again. 

"Dad wake up please.." I said as I tightened my grip on his shirt. But not long after, an ambulance came. A policeman helped me but they said that my dad was gone. It was painful to see him die like that but it was more painful to see those guys that kill my dad roam around our place like nothing ever happened. 

I hate them.. 

"Baekhyun.. Are you alright?" 

"Hey.. Sorry..." Baekhyun said as he continued eating again. Tao is looking at him worriedly, he knows that Baekhyun was again thinking of his dad and his traumatic past. 

"You've been spacing out.. Come on, you said you'll never think of it when you're here.." Tao said and Baekhyun nodded while playing with his food. Yes, he promised his bestfriend not to think of his father when he's at school since it only makes him think that he'll be a police to take revenge and he's not there for that. 

"Sorry.. I was just thinking that it's unfair. You know, seeing those guys that killed my dad for no reason.." Baekhyun said as he tightened his grip on his spoon. Tao just grabbed it from him, he knows how to make the guy calm down. 

"You know that's why we're here. We wanted to stop them so put aside those revenge and think that you're here not because of that but because you wanted to stop them.." Tao said wisely and Baekhyun nodded. 

"I still wish he didn't die.." He said and Tao nodded. He knows how it was painful for Baekhyun since he saw his dad die right infront of him but he needed to be strong. 

"Fate plays.." Tao said and Baekhyun sighed. 

"I don't care with fate or whatsoever is that. They need to pay and I'm going to get them.." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I guess this story will be short? For like it's ten chapters or so. I don't know yet, but thanks for reading and I saw some comments. 

Thanks guys~!