Chapter 21

Dark Side

 

Taeyeon was hurried to the hospital as soon as the medics came, she gained conciousness again on her way to the hospital but she cannot bear the throbbing pain in her body and head. She wasn't that critical but she gained wounds and some fractures on her arm, her head was the one that suffered from the impact making her in a coma for three months. 

Baekhyun on the other hand was there for her in the first three weeks, he brought her food and some things that she needed. He endlessly prayed for her to wake up as soon as possible or even before he can leave. Yes, he's going to leave the country. Baekhyun received another job abroad and he'll continue his education there. 

He's got an invitation saying that he can continue to improve his studies on the field of forensics while helping a special police group. It was only a once in a lifetime offer and he doesn't want to fail his superiors so without any doubt Baekhyun accepted the offer. 

He never worried about how will Taeyeon live if he leaves the country. He has ways to get her a better life without him, it hurts him to see her lying on the hospital bed everyday. It hurts him to know whether Taeyeon would wake up again or not. He trusted her to Tao, knowing that his best buddy is the only person he can trust. 

Three long months has passed and the same still happens, Taeyeon was lying on the hospital bed not moving an inch. Her situation seems to get worst, there's no more Baekhyun to take care of her anymore. He already left two months ago, Tao is the only person who waited for her to wake up. 

It was a Sunday and Tao didn't have any schedules at the department so he decided to pay Taeyeon a visit. He was busy reading a book when he saw Taeyeon's hand's move. Tao quickly got up and called the doctors, Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes adjusting to the light. 

Tao was now relieved that she was awake, he knows Baekhyun would be happy hearing the news. He knows Baekhyun had been waiting for Taeyeon to wake up and now she did. But he knows that his buddy can't just come back to them any time now, Baekhyun is already commited to his job and studies abroad. 

The doctor, checked her up first and left. They told Tao to visit them later if he's done talking to the patient. 

"Taeyeon, are you okay?" Tao asked as he helped Taeyeon slightly sit up. "Yes.." Taeyeon answered with a weak voice. 

"Do you want anything?" Tao asked. "Water.." Taeyeon said and he gave her a glass of water. Taeyeon drank it quickly, she doesn't know why but she felt like something changed in her. 

"How long I have been here?" Taeyeon asked upon seeing her surroundings. "Three months.." Tao answered and Taeyeon's eyes widened. She stayed there for three long months sleeping. The accident might have badly hurt her. Tao noticed that Taeyeon was looking around, probably looking for someone. 

"He's not here.. He left.." Tao said getting what Taeyeon's actions meant. "He left?" Taeyeon asked. Luckily, she didn't have an amnesia and she fully remembers everything about her and Baekhyun,she remembers what her life is before but the accident was a blur to her. She just remember climbing up on the bus and there she was, sitting on the hospital bed. Finding herself fully awake after three months of coma. 

"Yes, he got an offer abroad. He's going to study forensics there and have a work in a special police force.." Tao said and Taeyeon nodded nonchalantly. She thought that maybe Baekhyun was still mad at her after all the things she had done. Unconciously, tears rolled down her face. All she wanted now is for them to be better. 

"Don't cry.. He's not mad at you. Infact, he's here the first three weeks. Bringing all the things you needed, telling you endless stories, talking to you, sleeping here waiting for you to wake up. But Taeyeon trust me, if it wasn't for his studies and his work Baekhyun would have stayed here with you. He cried when he saw you lying there.. He blamed himself for pushing you away but I know he loves you.." Tao sincerely said and Taeyeon wiped her cheeks. 

"He wanted to see you wake up but the commitment he made with the superiors is holding him back.." Tao said and Taeyeon turned her gaze to him. "When will he come back?" Taeyeon asked hoping to see Baekhyun again. 

"I don't know, it's indefinite. But he left something to you.." Tao said and Taeyeon gave him a confused look. 

"He left his house, some money and he bought new things for you.. He left you everything he have here for you to start a new life again..." Tao said and Taeyeon cried harder. Baekhyun had done too much for her, leaving all of his things and belongings to her to start a new life again is too much. He left his everything for her.

Taeyeon doesn't know how to pay him back anymore, Baekhyun had done so much. "He'll still come back right?" Taeyeon said more like reassuring herself. Baekhyun had left everything he has, it can mean that he'll never come back again that's why he did that. Having the thought of Baekhyun never coming back again makes her heart ache. 

"Yes he will, he just left everything for you to have a better life.. I know he'll come back to you.." 

"You promise?" Taeyeon asked hopelfully. "I don't have to since Baekhyun already did.." 

"He promised.. Baekhyun would never leave his everything here without a reason Taeyeon. I know that his everything is you.. I know he'll come back for you.." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Short update guys.. 

I bet some of you thought Taeyeon would have an amnesia but no she doesn't.. She just woke up not having Baekhyun beside her.. 

But hey don't be disappointed, there are still chapters coming so better wait for it.. THANKS FOR READING!