Chapter 8

Dark Side

 

Losing both of my parents was a painful challenge, I never did anything wrong to anyone but I don't know why the heavens punish me this way. I still remember when I was young, I used to dream of having a complete family. I was born to this place so at a young age, I already saw the cruel side of the world. Thinking that it's better to live in the city, I moved there without even thinking what might happen to mom. 

Not thinking of what I had promised to my dad, it was painful to let them both go but I can't hold on to my past anymore. Seeing both of them die right infront of me is terrible, terrible that I have to wake up in the middle of the night seeing both of them dying with me not being able to do anything. It's terrible that even when I see things that reminds me of them, I tremble with fear. 

I know this is not what I really am but those people made me this way. I promised myself to be strong so I can give my parents the right justice they deserve, I know people pity me but I grew to ignore them. For me, them looking down at me was wrong. I learned how to keep my pride up and I know it was wrong. Sometimes, I found myself going in the wrong way. 

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night having second thoughts about going to school. I also let bad habits overcome me, I tried to learn drinking, smoking,gambling. But it didn't even last for a week, I know I wasn't made and raised up to be like this.

Everyday seems like hell, everything's a burden. I decided not to leave our house anymore. I know I still have a home in the city but I felt that this is where my heart belongs to. This place is important to me, it's filled with great memories. Memories of my deceased mom and dad, those pictures hanging on the wall sometimes makes me cry.

I wonder why the people chose to kill my parents instead of me, they already took two lives. Two lives that is precious for me, didn't they know they are making someone suffer because of what they are doing? Because of greed, because of selfishness. 

I already stored it in my brain, I already craved it in my heart. 

They're all going to pay, every.single.one of them. I won't give any mercy, I won't let them run. 

They have to face my wrath.

Several months had passed and I graduated, being the top student. I was easily promoted and because of my skills, they took me into the special force. In no time, I was one of the best guys along with my bestfriend in the unit. We're both going to work under cover. 

"So.. We're going to take down the largest gang in Jeonju. When they gave this mission to me, I already thought about giving it to my best guys and I know that you're the unit's finest. So do you want to take this mission?" Our commander said as Tao and I were both sitting at the circle table infront of him. Tao has a worried look on his face. 

"If you take this mission.. You have to leave eveything behind. We're going to take down the Flame Rose Gang" The commander said and I sighed hearing that made me shiver in disgust and clench with anger. Leave everything behind? I don't think so, I already lost my everything and if I have to go out there and die to give my parents the justice they deserve I will. The group I was into now was my family, this police force I'm into. This is where I belong now. 

"I'll do it.." I said as my bestfriend gave me a worried look on his face. I gave him a reassuring smile, I gave our commander a determinated look. He knows why I want to take that mission. But I know, I have to do this not because of my anger but because I know that if this stops. A lot of innocent lives will be saved. 

"Are you sure?" He asked. I know that our leader was worried too but have to send someone to be there, he have to send someone who's willing to give up his life for this kind of thing. I guess, my life would be enough to save hundreds of innocent people. 

"Yeah, we can't just send Tao here. He has a family, he has his mother, his dad they need him.." I said as our leader gave me a stern look. "But what about you? Aren't you afraid you have to leave things behind?" He asked and I shook my head. 

"I already lost my everything, I already lost my family so I think no one will worry if I take this right?" I said and our leader sighed. Of course, it's hard too but I don't want to let everybody in the group down. They are expecting someone will come out there and risk their life and I know that it's only me who can do that. I've got nothing to lose. 

"If that's your choice.. Goodluck with this mission. But please don't do this with anger, you know the real reason why we're doing this.." He said as we both stood up. He gave me a handshake and I gave him a reassuring nod. 

"I know.. I only want justice.." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Poor Baekhyun risking his own life.. 

I feel like I want to update more.. Shall I? Then let's make someone appear *smirks*

Oh I remember not now ^^