Chapter 19

Dark Side

Baekhyun woke up earlier than what he usually does, thesun hasn't come up yet and everything is still dark. He never did sleep, he just closed his eyes trying to hear the faint sounds coming out of the balcony, it's not that he's worried about her but he's checking whether she's still there or she managed to escape. Baekhyun slightly opened the curtains and saw Taeyeon shivering in cold. 

She's sitting at the corner of the balcony with one of her hand slightly raised up because it was handcuffed in the railing. Baekhyun just sighed as he went down, he went out with a heavy feeling. He walked down the street as he came across with one of the ladies in the town. 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah.. You're up so early" She said with a bright smile on her face. Baekhyun just smiled at her, the wind lightly blew and he felt really cold. It's nearing winter and everything around starts to frozen up. Baekhyun just stood there with his mind thinking of someone. 

"Can you help me?" Baekhuyn suddenly asked out of nowhere. "What is it?" The old lady asked. 

"I need some clothes for a girl.. Can you give me?" Baekhyun asked and the lady nodded. "Of course, let me get it.." The old lady said, after a while she went out with a small bag. The old lady handed it to him with a warm smile. 

"Why do you need such clothes? Are you living with someone?" She asked and Baekhyun sighed. How he wished that was the situation, them living together. But it's not. Taeyeon would never be, they would never be together. 

"No, someone needs help. By the way, I'll go now.." He said as he walked away. He returned home and he went straight upstairs, he opened the door at the balcony and saw a lifeless Taeyeon. She looked pale and Baekhyun just shook his head, it was never him. He can't do such things that's why he can't believe he did that to Taeyeon. 

Baekhyun took the keys and removed the handcuff from Taeyeon. He saw wounds around the girl's wrist and he felt nothing but guilt. He's been a monster and anger took over his mind and heart. He saw Taeyeon slightly open her eyes when he removed the handcuff, he saw fear in her eyes. He never utter a word, instead, he took her ice-cold hand and he took her inside. 

He made her sit on the bed as he opened the bag and gave her the clothes inside it. 

"Go change your clothes.." He said coldly as he gave Taeyeon the clothes in his hand. He pointed the bathroom and Taeyeon just stayed in her place. Her eyelids are slowly dropping and Baekhyun just watched her not knowing what's happening to her. 

"Hey.." He called and Taeyeon opened her eyes again. "I said go change your clothes.." He said coldly and Taeyeon complied. She weakly stood up and went to the bathroom. Baekhyun on the other hand kept looking through the bag and he can't find what he's looking for. After several minutes, Taeyeon went out of the bathroom. 

She's still pale and she looks weak. This made Baekhyun felt more guilty, so he stood up and helped her sit on the bed again. He opened his closet as he took a thick jacket for her. He sighed upon seeing her small figure, he really became a monster. 

"Here wear this.." Baekhyun said as he helped her wear the jacket. "Baekhyun-ah.." Taeyeon called with a hoarse voice. Baekhyun turned her gaze into her and saw sadness in her eyes. He felt bad, anger made him hurt the person he loves the most. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked with a soft voice. Seeing Taeyeon like that made him hurt more, he doesn't want to do that to her but he's out of his mind when he did that. Anger blinded him. 

"I-I'll do what's right.. I'll go with you to the police.." She said with her hands put on Baekhyun's shoulder. He felt like crying again, he doesn't want to put her there. He doesn't want to see her there. He never meant on bringing her there. 

"D-Don't talk about it for now.. Just.. Just leave.. Have a new life far from here.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon cried. "But knowing that I'm free outside makes you hurt right? You said you wanted to give the justice you want for your parents right? So if it means that I have to be in jail in order for you to be happy I will do that.. I just don't want to see you hurt anymore.." Taeyeon said as her voice hitched. He knows Baekhyun felt pity of her right now that's why he's saying that. 

But she mean it, she'll do whatever it takes for her to make Baekhyun happy even if it means her being put into the jail.

"I.." Baekhyun said not finding any words to say. His mind is blank, does he really want to take Taeyeon there? No. 

"I'm leaving.." Taeyeon said as she weakly stood up. She went downstairs and Baekhyun was left there dumbfounded, does Taeyeon love him that much that she's willing to surrender herself even when she did nothing wrong? Everything hit Baekhyun, Taeyeon was just afraid that he might not accept her. She even opposed her own father too. Just. For. Him.

Baekhyun ran downstairs as he saw Taeyeon walking down the porch. 

"Taeyeon..." Baekhyun called and she turned to him with tears flowing down her cheeks. 

"I'll make sure you'll get what you want in no time.. Please be happy with your life from now on, I'm happy you can finally give the thing that your parents deserve. I'm happy you can give them justice.." Taeyeon said as he walked away. 

Baekhyun just fell there, what have he done? He knows Taeyeon would really do what she said but he can't just let her do that. He just can't let her surrender herself to the police when she did nothing. She's innocent. He have to stop her.

After all, she's still his life..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I think I can double update today.. 

I hope you liked this chapter.. But hey, don't hunt me down yet like I said I'm going to try to double update so better see what happens next :D