Chapter 3

Dark Side

 

It was Saturday and Baekhyun didn't have any classes. He was bored at his apartment so he decided to go out and spend some time at a cafe. Bringing his school book with him, Baekhyun took a sit at the corner of the cafe while watching the cars pass by, he let out a sigh as he remembered his mom. How long has been it since he last saw her? 

A years? Maybe two? 

His mom never wanted to bother him there at the city while studying, Baekhyun understands why but he was worried, he knows those people might come back. Upon having the thought of his mom, Baekhyun took out his phone and called her. After a few rings, someone picked up the phone but he was sure that it wasn't his mom. 

"Hello? Baekhyun-ah.." It was her aunt that answered her call. He was now curious why, her mom is living seperately from his aunt and now she's the one answering his mom's phone. 

"Aunt.. Where's mom?" Baekhyun asked, more like with a worried voice. "Baekhyun-ah.. Can you go and visit here? Your mom suddenly fainted last night after closing the store. Luckily your uncle was there passing by and he saw her. Can you come back home?" He heard his aunt said and Baekhyun almost dropped his phone. 

He doesn't know what to do. His mom was already weak and he knows she easily gets sick and if she does, she's always sick that it gets to the point that she's already admitted to the hospital. Baekhyun felt like he got weak upon hearing what happened to his mom. 

"I will.. Wait for me.." Baekhyun said as he ran out of the cafe and back to his apartment. He packed his things up not forgetting all his stuffs needed for school, he decided to stay there for a couple of days. What can he do? It's his responsibility to take care of his mom, it's his promise to his dad and he's never going to break it. 

Not wasting any time, Baekhyun climbed up the bus and he find himself a seat. After doing so, Baekhyun took out his phone as he called his bestfriend. Tao. 

"Hey what's up?" Tao answered. Baekhyun massaged his forehead as he spoke. "I'm going back to the province.." Baekhyun said. 

"What?!" Tao shouted on the other line. 

"I'm going back home, my mom is sick but I'll still go to school.." He said and Tao on the other hand sighed. Of course, Baekhyun needs to go to school. He's the top student and he'sin a scholarship. He doesn't want to lose both of that only because he put all his attention to his mom. 

"Better be.. You can't lose everything you prepared.." Tao said and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Yeah.. I know that. But please take care of the other things I can't do okay?" Baekhyun pleaded. Tao is the only person he knows he can count on. 

"Yeah.. Sure.." Tao said and Baekhyun smiled weakly. "Thanks buddy.." Baekhyun sincerely said. 

"No problem.." Tao said and he hang up. 

Slowly, the bus is getting fillwed with people and there are no seats available to seat on. Baekhyun on the other hand didn't pay attention on them, he just looked out the window while thought filled his head. He thought how could he live and finish his school if something comes up in his way everytime he's nearly reaching his goal. 

That how could such a thing happen if he, knows himself that he didn't do wrong. He thought why God was punishing him like that.

A thud broke his thoughts away, Baekhyun looked up only to find a girl carrying two big bags. She seemed like she's having a hard time carrying those and Baekhyun can see that.

"Excuse me?" Baekhyun said and the girl looked at her. "What is it?" She asked and Baekhyun stood up giving her his sit. The girl gave him a questioning look. 

"I can see you're having a hard time carrying those bags.. You can sit there.." He said and the girl smiled. "Thanks you mister.." She said and she took a sit. Baekhyun just gave her a smile, the girl let out a sigh of relief and Baekhyun chuckled. The girl turned her eyes on him again. 

"What's your name?" She asked with a curious look on her face. Baekhyun found it cute. 

"Me? My name is Byun Baekhyun.." He said and the girl giggled. Baekhyun gave her a questioning look and the girl shook her head. 

"What about you? What's your name?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I'm Ji Eun.." She said while beaming a smile. Baekhyun just chuckled, that girl is so bubbly.

"Nice to meet you Ji Eun.." Baekhyun said and she nodded. "Nice to meet you too Baekhyun.. Friends?" She immediately said while sticking out her hand and Baekhyun was surprised. How can a girl like her be like that? Baekhyun truly have fun knowing that girl. He took Ji Eun's hand before giving back the same smile Ji Eun have.

"Yeah.. Friends.."