Chapter 9

Dark Side

 

"I said you pay!" Baekhyun shouted as he flipped the old woman's table upside down. This is what he had turned now, from the old Baekhyun to this new one. Two years had passed and he was slowly reaching up his place in the gang, he wasn't a newbie anymore but he still isn't used with this kind of platform from the gang.

It was the worst job he would ask for as a gangster, taking money from the innocent people. He can't do anything but to feel pity with this woman, he wanted to go kneel infront of her and ask her nicely but he knows that his gang members were there. He can't just give them the thought that he softened. 

 

 

He can't just give them the thought that he never really liked what he was doing. "I don't have money yet.. Please, let me have a few more days.." The woman pleaded. It wasn't really her debt, it was her husband's and since he died because of a heart attack. The poor old woman can't do anything but to pay the debt his husband left. 

"Better take note of it.." Baekhyun said as he smashed a plate into pieces. The old woman shivered with fear, Baekhyun turned and he let out a deep sigh. 

"Kick it off.." He said as he walked away. People on the market are just watching himin fear as he walked away from the store, he can still hear the old woman's pleads as his gang members start to destroy everything inside the store. Baekhyun just shook his head, he felt disgusted of himself, he was picturing himself doing that to more and more people.

Night came and Baekhyun made his time pass at Club Atlantis, one of his gang member owns that place. Kangta, was one of his bosses. He was the one who recruited Baekhyun two years ago. "I see the old woman is hard.." Kangta said while taking a pack of cigarette from his pocket, Baekhyun was sitting beside him holding a glass half filled with alcohol. 

"If it wasn't for his damn husband.." Baekhyun mumbled but Kangta was able to hear it. He handed Baekhyun one cigarette, he lit it up and Baekhyun did what Kangta was doing. The dirty air filled his lungs, he was disgusted with that but what can he do. All the gangsters do that, they smoke, they drink. 

"Poor woman.. Her beloved husband left her with a burden.." He said bluntly and Baekhyun nodded. His eyes are fixed on the people dancing downstairs, people having fun not minding those people who struggle finding something to eat tonight, those people who waste their money on gambling not even thinking the some may just die because of it. 

"Poor old woman.." Baekhyun said and Kangta chuckled. "Do you think we should make her soften?" Kangta asked and Baekhyun's eyes widened. He does know what Kangta means and he doesn't like it. His grip on the armchair tightened. 

"Should we?" Kangta asked. Baekhyun knows what he said, it was simply kill the old woman so they don't have to bother wasting time asking for her money anymore. Of course he doesn't know what to say, he saw the gang killed people before but never did he tried to do it, he was just saw how they simply do it. Take out a gun, aim, shoot, then leave live nothing happened. 

"I don't think so.. Just give the woman a few more days. I'll take care of it.." Baekhyun said as he threw his cigarrette on the floor. Kangta saw what he did and he just shook his head while smiling, he was proud of himself finding someone like Baekhyun. He can see how good the kid is on fighting that it made him put good words on Baekhyun with the boss.

"Good, I trust you with that. Maybe next week, you'll come with me in Gangnam.." Kangta said and Baekhyun turned his eyes on him. "Why?" Baekhyun asked, he knows how Kangta picks people. He'll never choose them to go with him unless there's something Kangta saw in them that's different from the others. 

"Just some important things.. You'll need it too.." Kangta said before rising up from his seat leaving Baekhyun behind. Some gang business to attend to again, he felt himself getting tired of it but he knows everything is just starting. He can't just leave the place and abort the mission, everyone one in his team trusted him with that. 

Baekhyun stood up, he can't just breathe normally inside the club anymore. His ears hurt because of the loud booming music and his lungs seems like it's about to burst because of the smoke and the cigarette. He chose to go out of the place, while he was walking Baekhyun decided to go stay into a quiet place. He went into the seaside. 

It wasn't more like a sea since structures surround the waters, the night view was great and everything was calm. He kept walking feeling the wind blew, it was a bit strong but it was calming. He walked around until he find a random seat occupied by a girl. She seemed sad, her face was calm but it was calm as it would look like. Her eyes shows different, he doesn't know why but Baekhyun took a seat at the bench beside the girl. 

Her bench was facing the waters while Baekhyun's seat isn't. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: So I took it here in Macau the other day while having a jog, just to help your imagination how Baekhyun and the girl looked like ^^)

"I-I-I think you need this.." Baekhyun said as he offered his handkerchief to the girl. He saw tears starting to build in the girl's why he did that. The girl tilted her head on him, Baekhyun just handed her his handkerchief before giving her a polite smile. The girl has nothing to do but to but to take it. 

"Thanks.." She said. Baekhyun can feel sadness with the tone of her voice. Baekhyun just smiled before nodding. "So.. Are you okay now? You look a bit sad.." He said and the girl gave him a small smile. 

"Thanks for asking. Yes, I am, thanks for lending me your handkerchief.." She said and Baekhyun nodded. "No worries.. I just want to help.." Baekhyun said and the girl nodded. 

"By the way what's your name?" She asked. 

"Byun Baekhyun.." He answered. The girl just nodded slowly while her eyes became busy looking at the water again. "What about you?" Baekhyun asked curiously. 

"Kim Taeyeon.." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *drum rolls* and Taeyeon finally showed!

Haha sorry for the long wait, is cost 8 chapters before she appears. Sorry to make you wait guys :)