Chapter 13

Dark Side

Baekhyun was walking down the seaside when he decided to take a seat in one of the benches, he was confused why his bestfriend Tao never answer his calls in the past two days. On the other hand, he was given a whole week of rest by Kangta, he was happy that Baekhyun learned how to make people shut. Baekhyun is not okay with this but he can't do anything, afraid that Kangta might suspect anything.

After those two days, Baekhyun didn't do anything but to hang out with Taeyeon. She likes the girl being around, he never really cared if she's older than him, because for him she still looks like a baby. 

"Someone is in deep thoughts.." Baekhyun heard a voice said. He tilted his head only to see his bestfriend Tao with a smug grin on his face. Baekhyun abruptly stood up before pushing Tao to a plce with lesser people. "Why are you here?" He asked with a frightened voice. Of course he would be frightened, someone might see them there and Tao is a police. Thugs can recognize him easily. 

"Why? Is it wrong? I bet you're afraid some of your gang members might see me here but don't worry. I got it covered.." Tao said and Baekhyun let go of him. His plan will fail if someone sees him talking to Tao. What more is that the leader and Kangta might lose their trust on him. 

"Aish, is that the reason why you're not answering my calls?!" Baekhyun asked with an annoyed tone in his voice. Tao took a seat the bench where Baekhyun was sitting at earlier and Baekhyun followed him. "Yeah.. I know you're busy too. Hey I want to meet that friend of yours.." Tao said out of the blue and Baekhyun gave him a don't-you-dare-steal-her-from-me look. 

"I just want to meet her okay!" Tao said while shaking his hands like a criminal that got caught. "She's not here can't you see?" Baekhyun said bluntly and Tao suddenly laughed. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked still annoyed of his bestfriend. 

"Oh, someone changed.." Tao said teasingly and Baekhyun shook his head. "What's your problem?" Baekhyun asked and there's that smug grin Baekhyun hates again. "She has a big influence on you didn't she? You talk a lot now.." He said and Baekhyun sighed. He just focused on the waters not minding Tao anymore. 

Until another voice cut the silence between the two. 

"Baekhyun?" That familiar voice asked. It seems like it casted a spell on Baekhyun that his mood earlier changed quickly, he stood up and faced the person with a bright smile on his face. Tao, upon seeing this shook his head. Something is really wrong with his bestfriend. 

"Taeyeon-ah.." Baekhyun said and she smiled. She too was happy upon seeing her friend there but her face became surprised when Tao stood up too and faced them. She pointed her finger to Tao and back to Baekhyun.

"What is it?" Baekhuyn asked worriuedly upon seeing the reaction on Taeyeon's face. Tao on theother hand has an innocent expression while observing the two. 

"Aren't you.. A police officer?" Taeyeon said and their eyes widened. The look on Tao's face earlier was now gone, it was replaced with a panicked expression, Baekhyun mirrored his bestfriend's face too. He never knew that Taeyeon would be the one to know that Tao is a police officer. He too panicked, he doesn't know what to do. 

"Y-Y-Yeah.. How'd you know?" Tao asked trying to act cool infront of the girl. Of course he's frightened too. 

"I saw you handcuff a pickpocketer the other day. You remember? The one who tried to fight you back but fell dead cold when you kicked him right on the face?" Taeyeon said with an amused tone of her voice. The two felt relieved and Tao smiled with that. Baekhyun just shook his head, surely Tao will boast about that again in the quarters. 

"Ah yeah.. That was me. I never knew you were there.." Tao said while someone. The two seemed to forget that Baekhyun was still there watching them with fire burning in his eyes without him knowing too. 

"Yeah.. I was just passing by that's why.." Taeyeon said and this time she turned her eyes to Baekhyun who was simply glaring at his bestfriend. Tao saw this ans he smirked mentally. Something is really going on with Baekhyun. 

"Baek?" Taeyeon called and his eyes softened. Tao wanted to laugh out loud but he was afraid he might ruin their moment so he just kept silent. "Y-Yes?" Baekhyun asked with a soft voice. Tao just sighed, it was all new to him. Baekhyun before was rude, cold, unapproachable but now he seemed like the opposite. Now, he wondered if the gang did that to him or it was Taeyeon that changed him.

"Are you a police too?" Taeyeon asked and again Baekhyun panicked. Taeyeon just gave him a questioning look and Baekhyun became restless, he kept fidgting then and there and Tao can't help but to laugh silently. "Are you?" Taeyeon asked curiously again and Baekhuyn sighed before nodding. Tao didn't expect that coming. He expected Baekhyun to lie. 

"Oh.. That's great. I, have to go now. Meet you later Baek! Bye!" Taeyeon said and she walked away leaving the two dumbfounded there. More like it was only Baekhyun until he felt something smacked his head. Baekhyun touch the place where it was hit and he glared at his bestfriend while rubbing it. 

"What was that?" Baekhyun asked, annoyed. "Do you really have to tell her you're a police?!" Tao said above whisper and Baekhyun sighed. 

"I can't lie to her you know.." Baekhyun said and Tao shook his head. "That's because you like her" Tao said and Baekhyun glared at him. "I don't okay!" He said this time his voice is a notch higher. "Just afraid to admit it.." Tao said and Baekhyun kept silent. 

Does he really like her? 

"You know just go away and I'll be fine.." Baekhyun said and Tao nodded not wanting to annoy his bestfriend anymore. "But if she already finds someone don't run to me crying saying you regret it okay? I can see it in your eyes.. You like her.." Tao said before walking away. Baekhyun just slumped his back on the bench with his hands covering his face.

What if I really do like her? I'm an undercover and if she 's going to be with me.. 

I know I'll be her death.. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I'm really on a hurry right now.. I have special things to attend to. By the way maybe I won't be able to update tomorrow, I'm going to a sportsfest so yeah.. I'll be busy tomorrow.. 

Take care guys~~! To my silent readers, better comment so I know what you feel about this ^^ and to my new subs and the others that subscribed me before. THANK YOU~! 

IT REALLY MEANS A LOT                

(>^_^)><(*.*)><(^_^<)