Chapter 4

Dark Side

 

"So you're going home because mom is sick?" Ji Eun asked and Baekhyun nodded. They've been chatting for awhile now, mostly Ji Eun was the one who was talking a lot. Baekhyun on the other hand tells her a bit of his life, he still kept himself isolated from people. Well, it's only Tao that knows everything about his past. Well, also his family but Tao is the only person that isn't blood related to him that knows his past. 

"Yes, she needsme that's why I need to get back.." Baekhyun said and Ji Eun nodded. "What about your dad?" Ji Eun asked and Baekhyun quickly became silent. It took him quite a while to answer Ji Eun's question.

"He's gone a long time ago. So I'm the only one responsible on taking care of my mom.." He said and Ji Eun nodded. "I'm sorry to hear that.." She said and Baekhyun smiled. "No, it's okay. Also, it's been a long time so it's never an issue for me.." He said more like lied. Yes, it had been a long time when his father died but to him it seems like yesterday. 

"Oh.. I'm already here" Ji Eun said and Baekhyun smiled. "Bye.. I hope to see you again.." She said and Baekhyun smiled and nodded. 

"Of course.." He said and Ji Eun got off the bus. After a few more minutes, Baekhyun arrived home. He looked at the surroundings only to find old worn out houses. Their place was silent, surrounded by trees and see the sea near there. He looked around as he breathed the fresh air, the place is peaceful which made him smile. 

But sometimes, that place can be a hell for him and everyone there. That place can turn out to hell if the gang comes back. 

A few more steps and Baekhyun reached a busy street, small cars pass by and people are busy. It almost looked like the city if there isn't those thick trees along the houses and roads. Baekhyun walked for a bit and he turned into a an alleyway. As soon as he entered there he went out in a vast space, a few houses were there and trees filled the place. 

Baekhyun stopped infront of a house, he roamed his eyes around the place seeing that everything changed. He let out deep sigh before knocking, and after a few moer knocks the door went open. 

"Omo, Baekhyun-ah.." His aunt said before hugging him tightly, it has been a while since they last saw him that's why. Baekhyun saw that she had gotten older. Wrinkles can be seen on her face when she smiles. "How are you aunt?" Baekhyun asked as soon as she broke their hug.

The old lady showed a weak smile. "Fine, a bit scared here but everything's okay.." She said and Baekhyun nodded. He knows why his aunt said their scared, the gang ruled that place. "Don't worry.. I'll take you out of here.." Baekhyun said and his aunt nodded giving him a hopeful smile. 

"Where's mom?" Baekhyun asked and she tookhim inside the house. Baekhyun looked around and saw everything there still in it's place, he smiled at the thought of playing inside that house but he suddenly frowned when he remembered how he can sometimes hear gunshots in the middle of the night. 

They stopped infront of a white old door, his aunt turned to him and Baekhyun gave her a smile reassuring that he'll be okay. His aunt left and Baekhyun slowly turned the cold knob. Everything around him seemed to stop when he saw his mom lying on the bed sleeping. With heavy footsteps, he slowly walked to his mom only to see her pale face. 

Baekhyun took a seat beside his mom and he caressed her hair. A few strands of it is getting white and Baekhyun sighed, his mom is getting old and weaker. But still, she works hard for him,and for the business his dad built. Not long after, Baekhyun felt her mom stirred. 

"Baekhyun-ah.." She called weakly upon recognizing her son's face. "Mom.. What happened?" Baekhyun asked but his mom gave him a smile. 

"Nothing happened.. I'm fine.." She said and Baekhyun just let out a worried sigh. He knows that his mom doesn't want him to worry. 

"No.. You're not okay.." Baekhyun said and his mom shook her head. "I'm fine don't worry.. I just miss you.." She said and Baekhyun worriedly stared at his mom. It's hard for him to see her getting weak like that. 

"I missed you too mom.. I promise.. I won't leave again.."