Chapter 10

Dark Side

 

After a long tiring day, Baekhyun finally got home. He slumped his body on the bed and unconciously a small smile appeared on his face. He remember the girl he met earlier. Taeyeon.

[Flashback] 

He was walking on the seaside wandering with some thoughts when a random person caught his eyes. It was new for him, no one really catches his attention nontheless a girl. He was the type of person who would never care about anyone or anything unless they mean something to him. But the girl was different, she easily got his attention with doing nothing. 

She just sat there, watch the waters, eyes filled with sadness.

But those two brown orbs are the cause why Baekhyun felt like he was magnetized by her. As much as he wanted to deny it, he felt something different with the girl, she seems like she needed his help. It seems like she's something important to him. 

He shrug off those thoughts as he approach the lonely girl. He took a sit on the other bench, but his thoughts seemed to be distracted when he saw the girl on the verge of tears, she looked so vulnerable that Baekhyun thought of comforting her. 

"I-I-I think you need this.." He said as he offered his handkerchief to her. It was all new to him, he wasn't used to this kind of situation. Him approaching someone he doesn't know, he was never like that. He wasn't approachable nor he likes people to approach him but that night was different. It seemed like the world turned upside down because of his sudden change of attitude. 

He saw the girl turned to him with confused eyes, he doesn't know why but he it feels like he can't accept being rejected by the girl beside him. So he thought of another way, he handed it to her giving of the most polite smile he could show. 

"Thanks.." She said as he felt sadness with the tone of her voice. But shrugging it off, he gave her a small smile before nodding. 

"So.. Are you okay now? You look a bit sad.." He said and the girl gave him a small smile. It wasn't fake but it was partially forced, he came back to his senses. Why would he care for a girl like her? He thinks his mind had gone so far. His mind left him. 

"Thanks for asking. Yes, I am, thanks for lending me your handkerchief.." She said. This time, she smile and it wasn't forced anymore. Baekhyun smiled too upon seeing this. 

"No worries.. I just want to help.." Baekhyun said and she nodded. "By the way what's your name?" The girl asked, feeling more comfortable around him she started to slowly let her guard down. She too wasn't the sociable and she was glad that she met him. They were the same. He saw that in her too. 

"Byun Baekhyun.." He answered with a smile on his face and slowly the girl\s eyes turned into the water again. Wanting to keep talking to her Baekhyun gathered himself up to ask the girl. It wasn't that he just wanted to ask. He was curious. 

"What about you?" He asked with his voice full of curiousness. She just looked at him before smiling. 

"Kim Taeyeon.." She said and Baekhyun smiled widely. Finding themselves being comfortable as the minutes past, Taeyeon also asked him random questions. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked when she saw Baekhyun smile when she said her name. "It's just because your name suits you. Calm.." He said and Taeyeon shook her head. She too doesn't know that she would turn out different that night, they cracked jokes laughed together. It seemed like they were close for a long time. 

Everything was perfect that night, for them two, each of them turned. It seems like they left their ownselves and own worlds for just a short span of time. They spoke like they were kids, they smiled like there's no sadness deep inside them, they laughed like there wasn't any problem at all.

They fit, they changed each other just for one night. 

[End of Flashback]

Baekhyun found himself smiling like an idiot after thinking of what had happened earlier. 

How many times did he smiled that night? He lost count, he doesn't know that smiling made him felt better despite of what he's going through right now. He too, was glad that he found something different inside of him. It was the first time in a long time that he smiled, it was the first time he felt free, it was the first time he felt happy. 

But his chain of thoughts were broken when he heard his phone ring. He picked it up only to hear a familiar voice on the other line.

"Hey Baek.." The person said. He was glad someone remembered to call him, he was glad to know that he wasn't forgotten. "Hey.. Tao.." Baekhyun said. Two years, two years of being seperated from his bestfriend he doesn't know what Tao looks like anymore. He didn't see him in the past two years. 

"I guess something's different today.. The tone of your voice seemed to be a little bit different.." Tao said and Baekhyun was confused too. Is Tao really serious? Did he really changeafter meeting Taeyeon? But it was just a few hours ago, people don't change easily unless.. 

"Is there something you WANT to tell me?" Tao asked with a bit a teasing in his voice. Baekhuyn just shook his head. 

"No, there isn't. I just met a new friend that's why.." Baekhyun said and he heard Tao chuckled on the other line. Finding a friend was dififucult for him especially that he's an undercover. He needs to keep his secret but having someone there will be handy, he can have a shoulder to lean on.

"Oh, is it a member of the gang?" Tao asked and Baekhyun came back to reality. He's a member of the gang now and he's afraid that Taeyeon might find out and be afraid. He doesn't want that to happen. 

"No, of course not. You know how much I hate hanging around with those hooligans.." Baekhyun said and Tao can feel disgust in his voice. He knows how much his bestfriend hates those guys and now he have to live with them, go with them and act like they're one of them. He knows Baekhyun hates that. 

"I know, I know.. I was just joking. So who is this person?" Asked Tao. Of course he was curious, he knew Baekhyun well. The guy doesn't like to make friends. 

"Her name is Kim Taeyeon.." Baekhyun said. "What?!" Tao asked in surprise. He never expected Baekhyun to be friends with someone nontheless a girl. He wonder what had happened. "Why?" Baekhyun asked curious why his bestfriend was like that. 

"You mean you have a friend? Other than that she's a girl! What happened Baek? I thought you never like making friends.." Tao said 

"It just happened. I also don't know why.." Baekhyun answered, he too was confused of his own self. "But.. Do you.. Somewhat.. Like her?" Tao asked which made Baekhyun flinch. Does he like her already? 

"No, I don't think so. I'll never fall for her.." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I need to fix my stuffs firsy before writing again.. TT.TT my place is a mess.. TOTALLY 

But I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^ Love you all guys~! Thanks for those comments~! Keep it coming~! <3