Chapter 11

Dark Side

 

"Would you like me to do anything?" Baekhyun asked when Kangta called him. It was already afternoon and the dlub is already being prepared, Kangta took two cigarettes as he gave one to Baekhyun which he accepted but he didn't use it. Instead, he put it inside his pocket. 

"No, I called you to tell you that our schedule is postponed. I think boss has some plans.." Kangta said. Baekhyun didn't see the leader of the gang yet. Well he can't since he's just a newbie but if Kangta will 'promote' him to their boss. Surely, Baekhyun would get to see who he is and with that he can gain the leader's trust and turn the gang down. 

"Okay.." Baekhyun said as he turned to walk away but Kangta called him before he can get out of the club. "Baekhyun!" Kangta said. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked. "Since I put some good words on you to the boss. I guess he wants to meet you.." Kangta said and Baekhyun nodded. He knows that the guy is fond of him, and with that he knows he can take one step closer to successs.

"Thanks Kangta.. I owe you one if the boss will want to see me.." He said and Kangta laughed. He approached Baekhyun as he hang his arms around him. 

"You really do.. Better do your best if he hires you to his haut monde.." Kangta said and Baekhyun was confused. 

Haut Monde? He doesn't know anything of that. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked. Kangta just smiled, Baekhuyn really has to learn everything about that gang. 

"The upper class.." Kangta said and Baekhyun nodded. Wanting the younger one to learn from him, Kangta took Baekhyun on one of the club seats as he started explaining everything to him. 

"Haut monde means upper class. It's composed of ten people and all of them are connected to the boss. They're the elite members, it means they have the leader's trust. Once you became a haut monde, you can access everything and you'll get a tattoo on the right side of your thumb symbolizing that you're one of them. I got it too, you saw it right?" Kangta said and Baekhyun nodded.

He saw Kangta has a H and M tattoo on his thumb. So it means that Kangta is one of those people that the leader trusts.

"Well since one of the haut monde died at a gang war, the leader looks for someone deserving. Someone he can give his trust with so as what I have said, I put good words about you on him. I think he's interested so better make a good job here.." Kangta said and Baekhyun nodded. It was his goal now, he wants to ented that upper class group. 

He wants to access everything and turn that gang down in just one blow. He needs to get that position. 

"Now, you can go. Have some time off you're always welcome at the club.." Kangta said before patting Baekhyun's back. He stood up and he walked away, Baekhyun on the other hand stayed a while there thinking of what he have to do to get in that group and gain the leader's trust. He knows it will be more dangerous but he needs to do it. 

He walked outside of the club as he felt a hand grabbed his arm. He tilted his head only to see a girl wearing a thick make up, she was smiling at him and he felt shivers on his back. It's not that he likes that girl but he doesn't like how she looks and how she acts. He somewhat felt a bit disgusted of her. 

"Oppa~!" She said in using her cute voice but Baekhyun just felt that it was piercing his ears. "Oh, Jiyoung-ah..What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked as he slowly shoved the girl's hands away from him. 

"I missed you.." She said as she pouted. Jiyoung was one of the gang member's daughter and she too was a gang member. It's hard to explain but Baekhyun knows that the gang recruits girls too and that includes Jiyoung. 

"Ah.. Y-Yeah.." Baekhyun said feeling a bit umcomfortable. He never really liked Jiyoung but he knows that the younger girl likes him badly, he can't just say no. Baekhyun knows that Jiyoung's father has a higher place than him in the gang and if he wanted to stay there, he needs to give what the younger girl wants.

"Didn't you miss me?" Jiyoung asked as her hug around his arm tightened. Baekhyun felt like he's going to burst out of annoyance right now, he never really likes any one or anybody touching him. It makes him feel umcomfortable. 

"O-Of course.. I-I do.." Baekhyun said slowly stepping away to make a space between them but Jiyoung was persistent. She took a step forward too and she hugged him fullly around his body. Baekhyun just took a deep breath, he knows he's dead if he pushes the girl away. 

"Look, Jiyoung. Kangta asked me something to do and I really need to go now.." Baekhyun said and Jiyoung shook her head childishly. "No, I'll go with you.." Jiyoung said and Baekhyun sighed before removing the girl's arms around him. He felt suffocated when she hugs him but he doesn't show it, Jiyoung was really sensitive.

"Let's make a deal then. I'm going to see you later at the club. So let me go now so we can have time together.." Baekhyun said and Jiyoung smiled brightly. "Really?" Jiyoung asked with an expecting look on his face. Baekhyun mentally face palmed himself. 

"O-Of course.. See you later!" He said as he ran away. He felt relieved when he saw that the girl was out of sight, he felt freed. He took out his phone as he tried to call Tao but no one is picking up. He thought that Tao was probably on duty so he shrugged it off, he walked and walked and he found himself in a random place. 

The beach. 

He looked around and a small smile crept on his face. He saw the nearby lighthouse opened so he ran to enter, it cost him a few minutes to climb at the hightest part but it was worth it. The view was beautiful, his problems were taken away by the wind. He felt the cold breeze as he closed his eyes, the sun is starting to set which made the view more beautiful. 

He walked around the lighthouse only to find another person standing there. His heart beated fast, the sun's light illuminated the person's baby face and Baekhyun can't do anything but to stand there and watch the person as the wind kept blowing the person's hair. Baekhyun found himself drowned with the person's presence. 

He just stood there and watched, not caring about the view anymore. He thought what he is seeing infront of him is the real meaning of beauty. 

"Taeyeon.."