Chapter 17

Dark Side

 

Baekhyun turned everything down that connects with the gang, not only that it was the flamerose who got caught but the other neighboring gangs were imprisoned too. The club, which served as the hideout of the gang before was now demolished, the place that was filled with fear before was now peaceful, everyone was living quietly and happily. 

Baekhyun saw this and a satisfied smile was plastered on his face. The people are safe now, the people can live freely, he gave the justice his parents deserve. He had been waiting for that moment to come and now it was done, he felt nothing but relief. Now, he can go whatever his life takes him, 

But is he really that happy? For him, he's not. The people around him, his friends, the people he saved, to them he seemed okay, he's smiling, he laughs but he knows that deep inside he's broken. He's hurt, badly hurt. 

He felt like giving up, his life was wasted. He wasted his time and his life to a girl that he never expect to hide something from him.  It wouldn't be a problem if she didn't lie, and it wouldn't be a problem if he proved that she's innocent but everything he saw with his own two eyes are enough to make him want to put her somewhere far from him.

Yes, he loved her. But it was already done, he knows he just can't have her.

"Thinking of her again?" Tao asked as he approached his bestfriend. He has been looking for him for about an hour now but he can't seem to find his bestfriend anywhere so he thought that Baekhyun would be there. Maybe.

"Why would I?" Baekhyun asked coldly. Yes, he's been thinking of her but he doesn't want to admit it, he wants to forget her, he wants to erase her in his life. But he just can't.

"Because..She hurted you yet you still love her.." Tao said with a matter-of-fact tone. Baekhyun just sighed, why does Tao know him that much? Now he felt so transparent that everyone could see what he thinks and feels. "Don't worry.. You'll get over her.." Tao added not wanting Baekhyun to worry again. 

"Why do you think I still like her eventhough a lot of things happened?" Baekhyun asked, he was asking himself but he voiced it out. Tao just sighed before shaking his head, Baekhyun was one of the smartest people he know but sometimes Baekhyun can be so dumb.

"Because you never put her into jail when the whole group was there.." Tao said simply. Baekhyun just sighed, he just escaped. Yes, she just sneaked out but would he put her into jail if she chose to stay there? Would he be able to see Taeyeon inside of the prison bars? 

"She just sneaked out.." Baekhyun said trying to find an excuse. He knows what Tao will say next so he prepared himself. "But if she doesn't, would you be able to handcuff her and see her inside the prison bars? I know you won't let her hurt.." Tao said simply. Of course he would do that but the situation is a lot different now. 

"Never say things like that. What if I can? What if I can take it, seeing her dying everyday?" Baekhyun said with anger with his voice. Tao just patted his bestfriend's shoulder. He can see anger taking over Baekhyun's mind and heart and he knows he have to do something with it. Anger turns peopleinto monsters and he won't let Baekhyun be like that. 

"Just.. Like you said. Never say things like that. You don't know what might happen.. Now, prepare. The media is waiting for you officer.." Tao said as he left. Baekhyun breathed deeply, he's going to accept his award today but he wasn't happy. Why would he?  Things happening right now are not worth celebrating. 

He stood up as he fixed his suit. He walked where the event was. The ceremony started and everything is fine, Baekhyun gave his speech and he allowed the media ask him questions. 

"How can you be able to last long being a part of a gang? Did they force you do things they usually do?" A media man asked. Baekhyun just took a deep breath before answering. Cameras are flashing everywhere that he can't see clearly anymore. 

"Honestly, they didn't force me. I have to act so I act accordingly.." Baekhyun answered and another one asked. "What do you feel now that your mission succeeded?" 

Baekhyun let out a fake smile. "Happy of course.. The hard work payed off.." Baekhyun said looking at them. "Is there anyone that became your inspiration  and strength while doing this mission?" The media asked. 

Taeyeon. 

Baeekhyun shook his head upon seeing images of her. "No, there isn't anyone. I just want to give the right justice to my parents that's why.." He answered. "Is there anyone who stood there with you?" Another one asked and Baekhyun's heart clench. How can he forget her when the people made him remember her? 

"No, there isn't.." Baekhyun answered. "Last one, is there any message you want to tell everyone?" 

"I just wanted to say that never give your trust to people easily.. Some of them might hurt you and some of them might have secrets that may affect you or your life so better know them more before getting to trust them.." Baekhyun answered then he went down the stage. 

Never trust anyone, it might just hurt you..