Chapter 7

Dark Side

 

Baekhyun doesn't know what to do when his mom said sorry, of course he was scared, he was worried. Thoughts kept flooding on his mind, what if those guys comes back again? What if he can't protect someone he loves this time again? What if they would want to kill her? Worries ate his mind up until he can't think straight. He knows the group very well, he knows that they can easily kill people innocent or not. 

They don't have mercy, they kill adults, kids, families. 

"Baekhyun-ah.. I'm sorry about what had happened yesterday. I know you need that money, I can pay them back I assure you.." His mom said while Baekhyun is busy fixing the things he needed for school. His worries filled him up last night that he wasn't been able to get a sleep, he let out a heavy sigh before looking worriedly and apolegetically at his mom. 

"I'm just worried.. You know what they always do right?" He said and his mom held his shoulders before looking into his eyes. "I know, but I told them I'll pay them back.." She said and Baekhyun nodded. Still, the worries he feels are not leaving yet. It seems like there's a big thing that can't be lifted of his chest. 

"Okay but if anything happens.. Call me okay?" Baekhyun said and his mom nodded before patting his cheek gently. 

"I'll go.." He said as he walked out of the door. The busy street welcomed him and Baekhyun took a deep breath, it's his dad's death anniversary today. That means, it's also his day. His birthday, but it seems like the world doesn't care and no one really does.

He was walking down the street when he passed by the cemetery, he stopped his face and he look into the vast, peaceful place. It's the place where his dad is buried. Baekhyun took another deep breath again as he continued to walk, he decided to pay a visit when he comes back since he doesn't want to be late for school.

As soon as he arrived, his bestfriend Tao greeted him with a box on his hand. "Happy birthday!" Tao greeted cheerfully and Baekhyun smiled. 

"Thanks.." He said before taking the box on Tao's hand. He was thankful someone remembered his birthday but for him, it wasn't worth celebrating. Why? It's simple for him, why would he celebrate such an event if he knows that it's the same day he lost someone he loves. How can he celebrate when he knows that it's the day filled with sadness, fear, grief, pain and trouble for them. For him and his family. 

"But why look so sad? Come on man, it's your birthday you should be happy.." Tao said and Baekhyun gave him a weak smile. He really can't celebrate, knowing that his father died on that very day, where he used to happy. 

"I don't know.. It's not just right celebrating.." He said as he let out a frustrated sigh. Tao, just punched his shoulder knowing what he meant. 

"But shouldn't you be thankful that you're alive and breathing and you got your mom?" Tao said trying to knock some sense off his bestfriend. He saw Baekhyun straightened up his seat, a small smile crept on his face. 

"Yeah.. You're right.." He said before turning his gaze on Tao. "See?" He said. 

"Don't focus on bad things.. Try to find something you should be thankful for.." 

~~> 

Another day is slowly getting to pass by and Baekhyun was slowly walking at the busy street. People with tattoos, kids that almost looked like a skeleton because of their thin bodies, women carrying babies, guys making out with girls infront of a club. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he saw that. He stopped his pace, as soon as he found a decent place. The cemetery. 

Baekhyun entered and he looked for his father's grave. How long has it been? A year? Two years? He doesn't really remember when he stopped going to that place. It just reminds him of his dad, it reminds him of the day he hasto let someone so important to him go. 

He stopped when he finally found what he was looking for. He kneeled infront of it as tears unconciously rolled down his cheek, Baekhyun bowed his head as he shut his eyes close and he took a deep breath. He misses his dad, he misses him every single day. 

"Hey dad.. Sorry for not going here as I promised. Lately, everything had been bothering bothering me. Your death, mom's health condition, my school, our business..Sometimes I want to give up anymore, I wonder if I'm going to be happy again. Sorry if I broke all my promises dad, but I'll take care of mom with all I am. I know how precious she is to you. I know she misses you too. By the way, I have to go home now.." 

Baekhyun said as he stood up and wiped his eyes. 

"I'm going to give you justice dad.." 

With fast footsteps, Baekhyun left the cemetery. It feels like somewhat, a burden was lifted off his chest when he talked to his dad. He smiled, it was what he needed today. He needed to console with his father, he needed to tell his dad everything that bothers him. 

Baekhyun the corner of the street ready to home, it's slowly getting dark and he knows that his mom is waiting for him. He stopped his pace when he saw a familiar figure going out of a store, she was holding a small box. He assumed that it was a cake, he thought his mom forgot. He saw that she was about to cross the street. Baekhyun is about to approach herwhen a sudden light came flashing. 

And before Baekhyun could know, his mom was lying down far from where she stood before. The box she was holding earlier flew in the air, the car just drove quickly away like nothing happened. But before it can fully disappear, he got the chance to see what the plate is. As soon as he did, he ran to where his mom is lying. 

People started to surround her. 

"M-Mom.. Please hold on.." Baekhyun said as tears were threatening to stream down on his face. "Baekhyun-ah.. Thanks for taking care of mom.." She said as she held Baekhyun's cheek with her right hand. Blood stained his face but he doesn't care, he slowly put his arm under his mom's head making her sit up a little. He saw blood gushing out of her head. 

Suddenly, Baekhyun remembered his dad. That same fear ate him up that it made him stay at his place, he can't move. His mind went blank and his body felt numb. 

"Mom.. Please don't say that. Please anybody call an ambulance.." Baekhyun pleaded and the people did what he asked. "Mom.. Please stay.." He said with a weak voice. His mom caressed his cheek using her thumb as she let out a small reassuring smile, he saw her eyes filled with fear but he can see that her eyes show a small bit of happiness. 

"Sorry.. The cake was destroyed.." She said and Baekhyun cried more. "Mom. That's not even important okay? Hold on.." He said and his mom nodded. Baekhyun just tightened his grip on her other hand. 

"Baekhyun-ah.." His mom called again. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked, he saw his mom having a hard time breathing. It made him fear more. 

"Take care of yourself.. and.. I.. wish you a happy birthday.. Mom loves you always.." She said as she slowly closed her eyes. "Mom..." Baekhyun said as she shook her body gently. 

"Mom.." He said again and the medics came to pick him up. 

After like what it seems forever, his mom was brought to the hospital. She was immediately brought to the operating room and Baekhyun has no choice but to wait anxiously outside. He walked, he took a seat, he paced back and fort, his feet tapping nonstop on the floor. He was restless, he can't calm down not until the doctor came and like a lightning. Baekhyun approached them. 

"How's my mom? Is she okay? What happened? Is she stable?" Baekhyun bombarded the doctor with questions yet the doctor didn't do anything but to stand there and gave him an apolegetic look. 

"I'm sorry.. But your mom.." The doctor said as he paused before taking a deep breath. 

"We did everything we can.." 

"But she's dead.." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I see everyone's looking for Taeyeon. Don't worry, she'll appear soon :)