Chapter 6

Dark Side

 

"Mom please don't forget what I told you.. Give them the money I saved okay?" Baekhyun said but his mom gave him a worried look. Baekhyun sighed, his mom knows why he saved money and she doesn't want to be the reason why Baekhyun will put aside his dream again. She doesn't want to be a burden to her son anymore. 

"No, keep it. I'll pay them don't worry.." She said and Baekhyun sighed. Of course he doesn't want to do that but it's the only reason to make sure that his mom will be safe. To paythem completely as soon as possible, he knows that those guys will come back and might kill his mom if she won't give them what they want. 

"Mom please.. Give it to them. It's not like it's the entire amount of money I saved. I still have some.." Baekhyun lied, he's completely broke. He needed that money for his other expenses but whatever it takes for him to make his mom stay away from thegang, he's willing to do that. "Please.." He pleaded and his mom nodded forcibly. 

She knows what Baekhyun's condition is now. 

"I'll leave.. Give it to them okay?" He said and he walked out of the door. He let out a heavy sigh, he walked away from his house with a heavy sigh. Thinking why his life is like that, thinking why he was in this situation. He never did anything wrong, he just wished the best for his family but it didn't happen. Instead, the opposite happened. 

Their happy family before was now broken and poor. It pains him with that thought, he can't even do the things he want, he can't even say yes to his classmates when they ask him out to have some fun, he can't even sleep at night thinking how tomorrow would be. Everything bothered him, everything troubles him that it gets to the point that he was thinking of ending his life. 

But he knows he can never do that, what about his mom? Who would takecare of her when he will choose to give up, it'll be hard for her and he knows that. 

That same day, Baekhyun doesn't seemed to be focused on their lectures and activities. He was out of his mind, everything was bothering him that he can't even focus anymore. He was depressed, he can't think straightly, he doesn't know what to do.

Back on his mom, she went at their small store in the market. She was done opening the store when a group of guys approached her, they flipped a table which made  her turn her attention to them. She was surprised that the table was flipped upside down. 

She turned her gaze to the person who did that and was shocked to see that the gang standing infront of her, she was scared. "What are you doing here?" She asked with her voice full of fear. 

"The money.." One of them slowly said as he took a step forward. "I don't have anything yet.." She said, she knows that Baekhyun would get disappointed with her decision but she knows it's the only way to save the money her son had been saving. 

"We want it right now!" One of them shouted again as they flipped another table. The people around watching them were frightened, she too was also scared but she have to act brave infront of them. She knows that if they notice that she was intimidated, they will continue what they are doing. 

"I said I don't have!" Baekhyun's mothers said and they broke a table, she turned her gaze their and she turned again to them. 

"Okay, but no more next time.." He said as they left. Baekhyun's mom fell on her knees, she doesn't know what to do anymore. Her son's birthday is coming up and she doesn't have anything for him. 

Baekhyun was walking back home from his tiring school day, he opened the door only to find his mom sitting at the living room. "Mom.." Baekhyun called and she turned her eyes to him. She looked sad, she looked scared. 

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he saw his mom's expression. He took as seat beside her and he held her shoulder, his mom gave him a weak smile. Baekhyun was now confused. 

"What happened? Did you give them the money?" He asked and his mom didn't say anything but she just held his cheeks. She looked straight into his son's eyes before kissing her son's forehead. 

"Mom.." Baekhyun said, he doesn't know why but he felt scared with his mom's actions. She gave him a warm smile which showed her wrinkles, she was getting old and she only wants the best for Baekhyun.

"I'm sorry.."