Chapter 24

Dark Side

"So you mean you'll accept another mission and leave again?!" Ji Eun frustratedly asked when Baekhyun told her all the things that he's been planning. Of course she's upset, she thought Baekhyun would be brave enough to face Taeyeon again but there he was accepting another work for him to be away from her. 

"What? I entered criminolgy and took forensic classes for this.. Everything I learned would be wasted if I slack off.." Baekhyun said and Ji Eun held onto his arms looking at him intently. She doesn't like the idea of Baekhyun leaving again just because he wants to be away from the person he loves the most. She doesn't like the idea of him running over and over again. She doesn't want him to see him suffering because of himself anymore. 

"No, what I mean is stop running away.. I mean you have to be happy too" Ji Eun said not letting go of his arm. She knows that she have to make him say yes to stay there so he can talk to Taeyeon or maybe be with her if it's still possible. 

"I'm happy.." Baekhyun said more like convincing himself. Is he really happy? Does he really want a life without Taeyeon by his side? 

"You're lying.." Ji Eun said giving himan annoyed face. Baekhyun just shook his head as he continued walking with Ji Eun clinging on his arms. 

"What if she waits for you? and what if she really wants to say that 'I really love to be with you too' what will you say?" Ji Eun asked and Baekhyun turned his gaze on her. 

"I'll say.. 'I'll be with you no matter what'" Baekhyun simple said, Ji Eun was about to talk again when she felt Baekhyun stopped walking. She turned her gaze infront as she froze too. She removed her hands from Baekhyun's arm and she cleared . 

"S-Sorry for blocking your way.." She said as she bowed. Ji Eun saw that Baekhyun was just staring at her, Ji Eun just shook her head. She can see how much Baekhyun is head over heels for that girl. No wonder, Taeyeon's beautiful, she looked calm. 

"No, it's okay. We're just walking sorry to stand on your way too  Taeyeon-ssi.." Ji Eun said and Taeyeon's eyes flickered. She doesn't even know why the stranger infront of her knows her name but there's one thing she's sure of. The actions they made, the actions she saw earlier was an act of two people who were more than friends. 

"I-I'm sorry to be rude but h-how'd you know my name?" Taeyeon asked and Ji Eun smiled before pointing Baekhyun who was still looking at Taeyeon with no expressions. Taeyeon nodded upon seeing Ji Eun's actions. 

"I'm sorry I'm in a hurry now.. I hope to meet you some other time.." Taeyeon said as she quickly walked away as she did. Tears unconciously fall down on her cheeks, it felt good to see the person she loves the most be back again but it hurts to see him being with someone now. 

How she wished it was her. 

Baekhyun on the other hand, after the encounter earlier went at the riverside to clear his mind.

Is he really ready to take Taeyeon's rejections if she changed her mind? Is he ready to live a life knowing she doesn't love him anymore? 

"Sorry to disturb you.. earlier and now.." He heard a voice said, his heart beated fast that it seems like it'll jump off his chest. He looked sideways and he saw the face he missed the most, her arms resting on the railing. Her eyes staring unto the vast water infront of them. It looked like the old times, where they used to laugh at each other's jokes, live freely, spend time in each other's presence.

 "N-No, it's okay.." Baekhyun said with his stuttering voice. He felt uncomfortable, in a good way. 

"I didn't even know you came back.." She said keeping an eye infront of her. Taeyeon never dared to look into his eyes, she knows she'll just break down eadily and she doesn't want him to see her like that. "Sorry for not telling you earlier.. I was busy too.." Baekhyun said. Of course he wanted to see her right after he stepped again on that country but what can he do? He got responsibilites at work. 

"It's okay.. I just came here to thank you and maybe return the things you let me use while you were away.. You're house, it's still in a good shape, I made a renovation there since it's getting old, I hope it's okay.. and the money you lend me.. I'm going to pay you, I already have saved money and it's enough to pay you back.." Taeyeon sincerely said and Baekhyun sighed. 

"You don't have to pay, I mean.. I gave it to you willingly so you don't even need to pay me.." Baekhyun said and he saw her shook her head. "I don't think I can do that.. Let me pay you.." Taeyeon said. 

Baekhyun wanted her to pay in another way, and that is being her beside him. Forever. 

"No, you don't have to.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon turned to face him. Tears flowed down her cheeks already. 

"I can't do that, I don't know how to pay you back with your kindness anymore.. I-I just want to live away from here, I don't want to cause you trouble anymore. Not now that I see you happy with your life, I can see some is with you now and I don't want to bother you anymore.. You've done too much for me, please don't make me fall for you anymore. Just let me go, let me pay all those things that you've done and we're done.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun kept his mouth shut. He can't believe that Taeyeon thought that Ji Eun was something more than a friend to him. 

He can't believe that she would choose to get hurt when all her heart still yearns for him. 

"Taeyeon.." Baekhyun said barely audible. Taeyeon wiped her cheeks as both of her trembling hands held Baekhyun's arms. She closed their gap as she kissed his cheek gently. It would be the last thing to do she had in mind before disappearing completely and now that she's done doing it. She can live knowing he would someday be okay.

"I always wanted to do that and sorry.. Sorry for doing that, it'd just my way of.. of saying goodbye.. Be happy with your life, be happy with her.." Taeyeon said as she quickly walked away. Baekhyun wanted to run after her but it seems like his feet is glued on the ground, he wanted to shouted but there's no voice coming out. 

A scream turned into a whisper, as a lone tear rolled down his eyes while looking at her walking away. 

"It's not what you think.." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another one and it's going to be finshed.. But I'll update tomorrow. 

Guys, can I ask a favor? Can you follow me on instagram/twitter? I don't have too much followers there and I'm planning on posting my story cover on instagram first before putting it here and I'm going to put story hints on twitter.. I've been wanting to ask you this favor but I'm shy I just have the guts recently T.T

Advance thank you for all those who wants to follow but if you don't want to it's okay. I'm just going to post the story cover on instagram anyways, but if you wanted to my name there is EunBie11 well, it should be YoonFany17 but I don't know I just typed that name. xD

By the way, if you followed me on instagram you'll see the next story's poster :D soo yeah..

P.S : It'll mean a lot if you do <3 and I hope you liked this update. Don't worry I'll continue posting BaekYeon fics in the future :D and now.. Thanks for reading!