Chapter 1

Dark Side

"Take care of your mom and youself son.. I love you.." 

Baekhyun woke up with beads of sweats covering his face, his cheat is moving up and down because he was breathing hard. He wiped the sweat on his face as he shook his head. He got off his bed and he headed to the bathroom. He washed his face with cold water as memories of his dad dying kept playing on his mind. 

Thank God, he's that strong that he didn't go crazy seeing his dad die right infront of him. Yes, his dad died because he got shot, his dad was never a police but he owns a small business. It wasn't that he got enemies but there's a big gang ruling their place and whoever turns back on the gang gets killed and that's what happened to his dad. 

He's thankful he got to hide but he's unfortunate to see every single bit of what had happened to his dad. 

Baekhyun went back to his room only to see the time. 5:45 am, he needs to get ready for school. Well, he's taking criminology classes and he's in his second year. His mom is living far away from him since she have to work. They own a small place in the market and Baekhyun was taking a scholarship back in the city. 

"Just another bad dream.."He said as he rubbed the towel on his face. He took a glance at his table only to see his dad's picture. 

"Dad.. I'm going to find who did this to you.." Baekhyun said with his voice full of anger. His dad never did anything wrong but when the gang asks for money and the people can't give. They're going to kill them and this what made him take those classeshe needed revenge. No, he needs to stop that group before it can kill more and more innocent people.

~~>

"Oh.. Good you're here Baekhyun. I can see you're really passionate with studying.." His teacher said as soon as he saw Baekhyun sitting on his desk while reading his book. Yes, of course he was. Baekhyun needs to maintain his good grades, he needed to learn everything he needs to learn before planning how to stop 'that' group. 

"I'm just doing what is right sir.." He said and the teacher nodded. He can see Baekhyun's hardwork when it comes to school and he's the only student that has never let his down since most of the students in their class was there to continue their family culture or only were forced by their dad and Baekhyun was one of the few who were serious with their field. 

"Oh.. Hey Baek.." Tao, one of the students said. Baekhyun stood up as he gave his bestfriend a high five. After doing so, Tao took a seat behind Baekhyun so he has to turn around. 

"You're early.. Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked jokingly and Tao shook his head. Baekhyun rarely jokes and Tao smiled upon seeing his bestfriend do that today. He knows why Baekhyun was always silent and he can't do anything but to always offer his ear if his bestfriend has problems. 

"No.. I just know that you're going to be bored without me.." Tao said and he lightly punched Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun only smiled. 

"So full of yourself.." Baekhyun said and he turned back. Tao just laughed upon seeing Baekhyun's expressions. "I'm just stating the truth.." He said and Baekhyun shook his head. Tao was really childish so he don't really understand why a guy like him would take criminology. Tao is even scared of ghosts. 

"Well, you're scared of ghosts.." Baekhyun said and Tao's eyes widened. "Yah!" He shouted and Baekhyun kept reading his book. 

"I'm just stating the truth.." He said and the school bell rang and before Tao could even speak. Students came into the room and he can't talk anymore since their strict teacher came in. The whole school daywasn't hard for Baekhyun but sometimes, the thought of his father dying crosses his mind. 

Sometimes, it causes him to take his attention away from class. The thought was like it was real, he can still see the blood from his dad's chest as the people kicked him. His face couldn't be able to recognized anymore and his eyes are staring at him. His eyes that pleaded but wasn't been able to he helped. 

Baekhyun felt so weak, Baekhyun felt like he can't do anything. 

"Hey.. Your phone has been ringing.." Tao said breaking Baekhyun away from his thought. Baekhyun took out his phone as he continued to walk down the school's hallway. Tao on the other hand followed him, worried that his bestfriend might just do something stupid when that 'thought' will cross his mind again. 

"Hey mom.." Baekhyun said as he answered his phone. 

"Baekhyun-ah.. How are you?" His mom asked and Baekhyun let out a small smile. He misses his mom badly and he was worried about her but he can't do anything since his mom always wants him to study hard and put his dreams first before her. Baekhyun let out a sigh before answering his mom. 

"I'm fine.. No need to worry about me" He said and he heard his mom chuckle on the other line. Baekhyun smiled again, he feels like he needs to go home as soon as possible. He was scared that the gang might come again and this time it will be his mom that will get hurt or worst may even die and he can't let that happen. Hehave to take his mom out of that place. 

"Of course it's normal for me to worry Baekhyun-ah.. I don't want to lose you too.." His mom said and his grip on his phone tightened. His father would have been there with his mom now if he didn't die. He should have been with his father more if those people didn't kill an innocent man like him. He just works hard to earn money for his family but those greedy people took his money and his life away. 

"Mom.. Please don't talk about it. I promise I'll take you out of that place too. Live with me here in Seoul and we'll be away from that old province. People there are dangerous.." Baekhyun said with a worried voice. His mom can't do anything but to nod eventhough she knows that her son can't see her. 

"Okay.. But I'll be fine here. They don't hurt me.." She said and Baekhyun sighed. "Okay..Just promise me one thing.." Baekhyun said with a concerned voice. 

"What is it?" His mom asked. 

"Don't let them touch you..if anything suspicious happens call me immediately. I don't want to lose you mom.." Baekhyun said as he tried to hold back his tears and his anger. 

"I don't want to lose you just like how I lose dad.." 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So how's it? I asked my friend's help to post the picture,geez I posted it in my old instagrambut I forgotmy password so I had to make a new account. Poor me TT.TT 

By the way I hope you like this chapter

Thanks for reading~!