Defense Mechanisms

Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven;

 

A few days have passed since the two lovers'  heated conversation and both were having trouble sleeping. Eun Mi was not her usual happy self, and everyone around her noticed but decided to let it pass on it’s own. She dragged herself around the house and spent a lot of time alone in her room.

 

Sehun on the other hand felt like the energy was out of him, no matter how much rest he got or how much he ate he felt tired. His friends assumed he got into an argument with his mate but decided to give him some space and let him figure it out on his own. But days passed and they were getting more concerned for him.

 

Sehun felt guilty and upset over the entire thing but had no idea how to fix it. Being away from his mate, especially knowing that she was angry with him was literally hurting him. His motivation and energy was all gone. If he was considered emotionless before, he was a statue now.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Eun Mi,” Sulli shook her younger sister gently, “Are you sick?”

 

“I’m okay,” Eun Mi croaked, attempting to sit upright.

 

“No,” Sulli pushed the girl back down, “You look and sound awful, you are definitely  staying in bed today. What happened? Did you get sick? Eat something bad? What’s up with you these days?”

 

“No, I’m fine really,” Eun Mi weakly smiled, “I just didn’t get enough sleep last night, that’s all.”

 

“That’s no good,” Sulli said disapprovingly, “You haven’t been sleeping well for the past week! Did something happen? Something is bothering you? You usually sleep like you’re dead.”

 

“Well,” Eun Mi started, “You have to keep this a secret, okay?” Sulli nods seriously.

 

“Remember that Sehun guy?”

 

“From Exo? Yeah, of course. He came here and caused a ruckus. ”

 

“Well, a couple nights ago he sorta told me that he kinda maybe is my uh mate.”

 

“WHAT?” Sulli jumped up, “Oh my god, congratulations! But you’re not happy with it?”

 

“Don’t get too excited, there’s more to the story.” Sulli quickly sits back down to listen. Eun Mi tells her about how Sehun didn’t plan or want to court Eun Mi and even when she said she had already accepted him he still rejected the idea. But she leaves out the details of her little breakdown.

 

“I’m going to kill that idiot.” Sulli says menacingly, “Who does that? Is he not a man? That’s unheard of, no male ever rejects their mate. How is that even possible?”

 

“Calm down,” Eun Mi says softly, “It’s okay, I’m fine with it. Honestly.”

 

“Eun Mi, I’ve known you literally all your life, I know when you are lying. And who would blame you? That’s absolutely shocking and disappointing. Of all people, you had to get such a jerk for a mate! I don’t get it you’re beautiful and kind and you deserve the best.”

 

Eun Mi reaches out to reassure her sister, “It’s alright. My luck is really the best isn’t it? I can’t help fate.”

 

“Yah! Why are you comforting me? It should be the other way around.” Sulli pulls Eun Mi into a hug, “Mate or not, you will always have us. Remember, we will always love you unconditionally until the end of time. Nothing will ever change that you hear?”

 

Eun Mi wraps her arms around her older sister, silently wetting her shoulder with silent tears.Sulli Eun Mi’s hair, feeling for the girl.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“What the hell is wrong with the maknae?”

 

“Hey, be more sensitive, I think something’s wrong with him.”

 

“Sensitive? We’re a pack of goddamn teenage wolves at the height of our aggression. Sensitive is not in our vocab-HEY! You don't have to hit me.”

 

“Hey, are you okay Sehun?”

 

Sehun pulls the covers of his quilt over his head, trying to block out his noisy friends. He wasn’t able to fall back asleep until early morning due to his growing guilt and heartache.

 

“Leave me alone.” he mumbles.

 

“Talk to us, we’re your friends! No matter what stupid thing you did recently, we will always be supportive of you!”

 

“Yah!” Sehun says getting up, “Why are you assuming that I’m the one who did a stupid thing?”

 

Kai rolls his eyes, “Really? So it is Eun Mi who is the one who did something stupid?”

 

‘Why are you even assuming it has something to do with Eun Mi!”

 

“Maybe because mates are the only ones who would make you react this way. I mean if your dad dropped dead you probably would just silently assume his alpha duties without blinking an eye.”

 

“You make me sound really cold-hearted.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter