Insecurity

Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine;

 

Eun Mi quickly stripped off her dress, eager to switch to her wolf form. She groaned as she heard her bones crack back into place and fur shoot out of her body. She gave her shoulders a little shake before looking for Sehun. Again, she was stunned by how beautiful he looked. His tall and broad build was decorated in a mosaic of different shades of brown, a couple tints of black and white mixed in subtly. Likewise, Sehun stared at his mate, his eyes dilating. Her shockingly snow white fur matched her personality, pure. Unlike his dirty tainted colored coat.

 

Sehun nudged his head forward to tell her to lead the way. She immediately obliged with a howl. The two began to run through the forest, their instincts guiding them as the only source of light out there was the dim moonlight, as it was covered by the night fog.

 

The wolves dodged trees effortlessly, weaving in and out with grace and precision. As this was the second time they would run together, they were used to each other’s pace and style. Sehun was still blown away by his mate’s speed and agility. It was as if running was her second nature. It was a quiet night, everything seemed to be asleep. The only sounds that could be heard was the slight crinkling of stray leaves beneath their feets and the bursts of air rustling the bushes behind them.

 

After a while, Sehun and Eun Mi finally finished their round and was back to where they started. They each went to their prospective area to change back with privacy.

 

“That was really fun!” Eun Mi smiled, walking over to Sehun who was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed. He just shrugged and turned around, walking in the other direction. Eun Mi wordlessly followed him.

 

Sehun lead them over to the river bank. He sat down on a flat rock and gestured for the girl to join him. She hesitated at first but the stern look on his face got her to sit down immediately. The two sat about a foot apart, dipping their toes into the ice cold water.

 

“Do you miss your home?” Eun Mi wondered.


Sehun turned to Eun Mi, “Not one bit.”

 

“Don’t you miss your family?”

 

Sehun scoffed, “My old man? Not really. He’s someone you want to run away from, not miss and come back to.”

 

“What about your mother? Siblings?” Eun Mi questioned.

“No siblings and my mother passed away a long time ago. I don’t even remember her.”

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Eun Mi bit her lip, regretting her careless question.

 

“Don’t worry about it, I’m happier here actually,” Sehun leaned back on his hands, “I have my friends and no one is around her to watch and wait for me to screw up.”

 

“I know exactly how you feel,” Eun Mi sighed, “I feel like people want me to fail so they’d have something to talk about. It’s a lot of pressure being born into an Alpha family.”

 

Sehun hummed in agreement. The two teenagers sat in a comfortable silence, listening to the running waters at their feet and looking up at the night skies. Eun Mi was busy counting stars to entertain herself when Sehun turned over slightly to look at her. Her hair was slightly messy from the run earlier, her face a slight pink shade, and the moonlight shining down on her made her skin look paler than usual. She was absolutely beautiful in his eyes.

 

Sehun immediately adverted his eyes when Eun Mi shifted her eyes over to the male. She then drew her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She look a deep breath and closed her eyes, enjoying the cool breeze enveloping the two.

 

The girl had her eyes closed for too long because before she knew it, she had fell asleep. Sehun heard a soft snore and looked over at Eun Mi again. Her head was drooping, struggling to find a stable place to lay down. He chuckled quietly and moved closer to her. He wrapped one arm under her knees and placed one under her neck to support her head. He stood up effortlessly, shocked b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter