Insecure

Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Really important author's note at the end of the chapter.  Please read before or after this chapter.

“Do you know him?” Sehun whispered hastily, attempting to hide the obvious jealousy laced in his voice.  He furrowed his brows as he instinctively moved to wrap an arm tightly around his mate.  His back straightened and he stood up taller as he fell into Alpha mode.  His lips turned downwards and he squinted his eyes to glare at the strangers in front of them.  His eyes landed on the one who introduced himself as Myungsoo and Sehun did not like the way this Myungsoo guy was staring at his mate one bit.

 

Eun Mi tilted her head slightly as she racked around her brain, looking for answers or familiarity.  Her eyes bounced around from Myungsoo to the six wide eyed guys behind him.  

 

“I’m sorry, do I know you?” She finally replied, her face clearly twisted into a confused expression.  Sehun tightened his grip around her at her answer, growls grumbling in his chest.   

 

“You don’t remember us?” A guy with cat like eyes spoke.  “It has not even been ten years yet.”

 

“Hey, take it easy on her,” another one spoke, “She was a lot younger than us. It would be harder for her to remember.”

 

“We used to be playmates,” the one with feminine features explained gently, “We are from the pack Infinite and when we were neighbors to Navi we often would play with one another.  We were all best friends.”

 

Eun Mi bit her lip as she strained her brain, trying to think back to the days before she befriended Luhan and his friends.  Sehun watched her carefully, his eyes occasionally darting back to glare at Myungsoo who stared at his mate with such longing.  She felt a little guilty not remembering her so-call best friends who clearly remembered her.

 

“I think I remember vaguely.” Eun Mi admitted finally. “I do remember being friends with some boys from a neighboring pack but I don’t remember any of your faces or names. Sorry.” She looked down, embarrassed.

 

“It’s okay, it has been a long time.” Myungsoo croaked.  His heart nearly broke hearing that the one girl he’s been hung up on his entire life did not even remember him while he spent everyday wondering what she was up to or how she grew up.  She had grown up beautifully, and in this moment, he did not think he had ever seen a girl as beautiful as her.  With his looks and status, he had girls thrown on him all the time, yet he never accepted any of them for his childhood best friend always lingered on his mind, hoping that she was still waiting for him too.

 

“Ah,” Eun Mi gasped as if she was suddenly reminded that they were not alone, “This is Oh Sehun, he is from the pack Exo.”  She looked up at the male who had released his hold on her tiny body to cross his arms in a hostile fashion, his face hard.  

 

“Be nice.” She hissed quietly.

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow as he looked down at his mate, her face was scrunched up as she attempted to look intimidating so that he would listen.  He wanted to laugh so bad as he found her more adorable than scary but he forced himself to purse his lips and pull his brows together as they were not alone.

 

Sehun turned to the seven males in front of them and extended his hand, being civil.

“Nice to meet you. Any friend of my mate is a friend of mine.” His voice rang loud and clear as he stared directly into Myungsoo’s eyes.  His jaw locked as he sized up the male, wanting to assert his dominance and position.  Eun Mi stood behind Sehun, one arm wrapped around his other arm as the peaked over his shoulder hoping no conflict will occur.  A faint blush fell over her face, she bite back a smile from Sehun’s possessiveness.

 

Myungsoo nodded his head, words stuck in his throat.  Mate. The word felt like a stab to his heart. He extended his arm and placed his hand into the taller male’s. He hissed as Sehun squeezed his hand but he refused to let go, his Alpha instincts taking over him.

 

“Firm handshake.” Someone from Infinite commented, laughing nervously as to ease the clear tension between the two to-be-Alphas.  The two refused to release their hands nor move their eyes from each other.

 

Eun Mi tugged on Sehun’s arm, “Sehun.”

 

The two males instantly broke eye contact to snap their eyes to the delicate looking girl by Sehun’s side. Sehun’s gaze immediately softened but his lips remained in a flat line. He finally let go of Myungsoo’s hand with a sigh and slide his hand into his pocket.  His hand was pulled into a fist, which strained his muscles making them appear larger and the veins in his arm more prominent.  Any one could easily tell that this was a man with Alpha blood running through his veins.

 

“We should go.” Eun Mi said softly, her eyes never moving away from her mate’s face as she tried to analyze his hard expression. “My parents are waiting for me to get home.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Eun Mi hesitantly turned to the seven very nervous looking boys in front of her.  She let out a small smile, “It was really nice seeing all of you.  Are you staying long or just passing by?”

 

“We’re staying for a while.” One of them spoke.  “We’ll be staying at the inn nearby.  We are on vacation and just needed to get away from the pack for a while before we have to go back and assume our responsibilities.”

 

“Ah, well I guess I’ll be seeing you around then.” Eun Mi nodded.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter