Popsicles

Possessive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Sixteen;

 

“So, what has my best friend been up to?” Luhan asked as he his Popsicle. The two sat side by side on the edge of the sidewalk enjoying their frosty treat.

 

Eun Mi looked up, “I guess I’ve been occupied with Sehun.” She tried to keep her tone as nonchalant and casual as possible but he saw right through her.

 

“So it seems that you two have been getting quite friendly, huh?” He teased, poking her side with his elbow, "Well finally."

 

“Yeah, things are going really well.”

 

“No more fights or problems?”

 

“Well…”

 

“What?” Luhan frowned. He was already having a difficult time coping over the fact that the girl he liked (for years now) had found her mate, but to make it worse,  her mate had to be a terrible guy (in his eyes). He didn’t feel as if Sehun deserved such a kind and forgiving person like Eun Mi. She deserved someone to treat her like a princess, to look at her like she was the most precious thing in the world. Not someone who friendzoned her and disregarded the idea of love!

 

“He has like this crazy fan girl.” Eun Mi pouted, staring at the ground. Luhan’s eyes widened in surprise, and ushered her to go on.

 

“Her name is Solbi, and apparently her father is a close friend of his. She absolutely hates me and is in denial about us being mates. And as far as I know, she’s completely nuts and obsessed with Sehun.”

 

“That sounds really dangerous, Eun Mi. I don’t know how I feel about this.” Luhan frowned at the thought of Eun Mi being put in danger. He has heard some crazy stories about obsessed girls in the past, usually spoiled brats who craved the attention from the alpha’s son. Most of them would try (and usually unsuccessfully) to attack and kill the to-be-alpha’s mate. For some reason they thought that if they were able to kill his mate they would have a shot.

 

“I know, but I have a lot of people around me to protect me. Plus I’m not so bad, you know that. I can run pretty fast and I can defend myself too. Why does everyone think of me as so incompetent? I didn't spend years training for nothing.”

 

“’Cause you’re still our little baby.” Luhan cooed.

 

“Minyoung is the youngest! Why am I the baby?” She pouted, further proving his point. Luhan laughed at her cute expression.

 

“Even so, there are some girls who go to the extreme. Who get so crazy they don't even stop to think about their own safety anymore. You really need to be careful. I don’t want you getting hurt, especially for some stupid reason like a crazy fan girl of your mate who doesn’t even care.”

 

“Sehun does care!” Eun Mi defended, “We may not be married or anything but he does want to give it a shot and be friends. And I have faith that we’ll end up fine. He's been really keeping an eye out for Solbi lately and I know he'd do anything in his power to protect me.”

 

“I don’t know, I just think you deserve so much better.”

 

“It’s my fate, Luhan.” Eun Mi smiled gently, “It’s up to me to make the best of what I got, right? I mean he's not so bad.”

 

Luhan looked at Eun Mi and returned her smile with a sad nod.

 

“Well,” Eun Mi gracefully stood up and brushed the dirt off on her shorts, “I think it’s time for dinner. Would you like to come?”

 

Luhan opened his mouth, about to accept the invitation but stopped himself after remembering the displeased look planted on Sehun’s face last time he came over for dinner. Although he meant no harm, he knew how possessive and jealous wolves can get about their mates, especially those with alpha blood running through their veins. And he needed to respect that.

 

“I’ve got plans with the guys.”

 

“Oh, okay. Well come over soon, okay? Everyone misses you.” Eun Mi reached her slim arms around to give her best friend a hug. His arms wrapped around her petite body naturally. Not longer than a few seconds later did sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter