chapter 3

Baby, it's you.

 

‘rehearsals…rehearsals…rehearsals…’ I mumbled as I tiredly plopped down on my seat inside the suju van, we had another dance rehearsal at another studio for our live tv performance tomorrow and I don’t know if I can still survive another one.

Looking around the bus I could see teukie hyung calling his wife yna-sshi, heechul hyung was obviously in a video chat with sammie-sshi, sungmin hyung was also in deep conversation with his wife lin-sshi, fishy donghae was also talking to his wife for about 6mos now and I think khae-sshi is pregnant for I could hear fishy hyung giving out suggestions for names and asking…no I mean begging khae to come home to korea even if she just left a week ago, and as for our evil maknae he was on his laptop skyping with ria-sshi while playing starcraft, I still wonder how he can talk to ria while playing his all time favorite game…but then again it was the first time I’ve seen him play with a happy/silly grin on his face.

I guess love does change a person in some ways but I’m happy for them, it just that most of the suju members are in love and I’m not.

‘whats with the pout wookie-sshi?’ siwon hyung asked me

‘they’re all in love…and I’m not’ I sighed as I gave him a cute smile ‘how does it feel like siwon hyung?’

Yesung hyung suddenly appeared from beside me with the silliest grin on his face making siwon shake his head in disbelief.

‘it feels awesome!!’ yesung whispered in delight.

‘wae? I mean you and aia-ah are fighting all the time, its like you’ve been a replacement for sammie-sshi and heechul hyung, don’t you ever get tired?’ I asked him

He raised an eyebrow and shook his head ‘not really…but if we fight, its because we love each other, it doesn’t mean anything…’

‘are you in a hurry to fall in love wookie-sshi?’ siwon asked

It was my turn to be surprised but it was weird why was I thinking of Alyssa all of a sudden the moment siwon hyung asked me if I wanted to be in love, was I really admiring her or was I just merely curious about what she’s hiding? If she is hiding something that is.

‘maybe…’ I said with a smile  making my hyungs shake their head at my secrecy.

How can I answer them when I really don’t know what to say…though I must admit that I was always looking forward to seeing Alyssa-sshi the first thing I wake up in the morning. It was a bit of a relief having someone to do the cooking in the dorm when I’m too tired to cook, plus her cute smiles were always a bonus…but I still cant shake that nagging feeling that she’s hiding something from us, the question is…what?

**suju dorm**

I should be sleeping right now for we still have so much to do in the morning but here I am sitting in the darkened living room, with only a lamp light on and an open laptop on my lap. I envied my hyungs and my dongsaeng who was at that moment sleeping soundly in their own rooms, and I was wide awake and it felt so weird.

I should be tired but it seemed like I was not, for all I could think about was a familiar face and its weird not knowing why I think about her when I don’t even know a single thing about her, except maybe for her name…if that was even true.

‘why don’t I google for Alyssa-sshi…hmmm let me see’ I said to no one in particular and hopefully no one was watching me while I was typing her name on the search engine and hoping against all hope what I was doing was right.

The moment I hit enter, about a few dozen websites came out…but they weren’t the Alyssa I was looking for, although one entry was a bit strange and it was close to who I was searching.

‘bingo! Alyssa Brittany Park…so that’s your full name, aigoo…’ I almost squealed after reading what the website was about.

So Alyssa Park is Alyssa Brittany Park, half Korean and half American…resides in New York, City and the daughter of a famous lawyer and a politician. Now that isn’t a crime…why would she even hide that? I also found a twitter page about her, though it was in private so I couldn’t read anymore. I also found a couple of pictures of her confirming my guess that she was also the same girl I bumped into last Sunday and according to the website she was a graduate of a famous Business School in New York and is currently working in her father’s law firm…so why is she in Korea?

I have lots of questions but I really didn’t have any answers…all I know is she’s hiding things from us the question is why? And why am I so curious about her? Her life is no concern of mine…unless I was attracted to her? Though I know this couldn’t be love…but I just have to get to know her, will she let me?

‘aish! I cant sleep like this!!’ I whispered in frustration as I turned the laptop off and hurriedly scribbled a note for teukie hyung that I went out for a walk and wouldn’t be back til later, though it was already 10pm I didnt know how late will I be out.

**alyssa’s pov**

‘why did I even crave for kimchi fried rice and wine?’ I asked myself that question as I was walking towards my car carrying my take out and a bottle of wine. I didn’t know why I decided to just go out late that night and find something to eat.

There was something about Seoul that made me want to pig out a lot more than I was used to back in New York, so there I was outside getting my take out and finding out what else can I bring back with me to my aunt’s house. I passed by a street vendor selling the mouth-watering kimbap, mandu and tteokbokki…talk about heaven, and since I could hear my stomach grumbling for food I decided to buy some of those too. As I was waiting for my order to be wrapped, I could feel their weird stares at me for who would expect that a girl wearing a cocktail dress and stilettos would want to eat street food at a time like this?

I was out with my aunt for an event when I decided to just ditch the entire thing and spend the rest of the night back home (with permission of course)…so there I was roaming the streets of Seoul buying street food and whatever that’s yummy and pleasing for me in my heels and cocktail dress. I know I looked a little over dressed for the occasion but I really didn’t mind, I just want to eat and not mind anyone.

During my walk towards my car I passed a couple of other vendors selling corn dogs and hoddeok so I decided to get some and by the time I got done with ‘food shopping and sampling’ I was still starving and my feet was sore from walking here and there. I was about to open the passenger’s side to put my purchases down when a familiar chuckle stopped me from doing so, and upon turning around I saw wookie-sshi smiling at me…

‘annyeong haseyo Alyssa-sshi…are you starving?’ he asked and then got some of my bags and opened the passenger door for me as I saw him arranging my purchases neatly as if he was doing it for a long time now.

When he was done I just stood there unable to move or talk for the man responsible for my restless nights was standing in front of me looking as cute as ever without even trying, and how the hell did he know it was me??

‘how…’ was the only word that came out from my mouth

He gave me a smile and held out his hand ‘No-nun ippu-yo Alyssa-sshi, the dress suits you…’

‘kamsahamnida…but you didn’t answer my question’ I asked him again ‘how…when…why…where…hell just answer the how will you?’

‘google has everything…’ he answered with a smirk

I was about to make a nasty remark when I heard his tummy growling and I couldn’t help but smile as he was looking at me sheepishly and then I was reminded that he was a celebrity in Seoul and he shouldn’t be out at this time of the night.

‘get inside the car…or do you have one?’ I asked him

‘behgopah…I want to eat at the Pongjangmachas’ he said while pouting his lips like a little boy and I would’ve so wanted to give in but I don’t want to find out what will happen to him if his fans finds out that he was out in the streets of Seoul at night with the cleaning lady.

‘as much as I would want to let you do that but I cant…do you have a car with you?’

‘aniyo…I was walking around and didn’t realize I wandered a bit too far’ he answered with a cute little smile

I sighed and gave him the car keys as I opened the back seat of my car ‘you’re driving…you want to eat right? Lets go back to the dorm…’

‘hyungs are sleeping already and they would wonder why you’re there so late…I haven’t told anyone about what I found out’

‘fine…I’ll give you the directions to my aunt’s house but promise me that you wont speak to a single soul about this…jaebahl yahksok-haejoo-saeyo…arasseo?’

‘ne…’ he said with another cute smile that had my heart beating fast as he slid into the driver’s seat and asked me for directions.

This will be one hell of a night…or heaven as I looked at my ‘personal driver’ for that night.

*an*

thanks for the subscribers and the comment :) keep 'em coming guys...and ohh i need help for eunhyuk's partner, i need a korean name for the girl...suggestions anyone? kamsahamnida!! :)