chapter 19

Baby, it's you.

 

-part2- dinner at the Eiffel Tower

‘this is way too much…’ I whispered as we both stepped out from the lift taking us to the restaurant where he reserved dinner for the 2 of us.

Looking around I saw a couple of celebrities and very well dressed people eating dinner or drinking wine. Wookie was talking to a couple of Koreans that were friends of his parents so I was left alone at our table absentmindedly looking at the magnificent view the restaurant has to offer, it was also a good thing that I decided to wear a dress and stilettos for our date and not shorts…that would’ve been too embarrassing.

I looked back at wookie to see him smile at me and told me to start eating the appetizers on our table, but I shook my head…I want to wait for him. As I look at him talk to those people wearing his dress shirt, he didn’t look like a member of a famous boy group in Korea, he looked more like a businessman confident enough to run a conglomerate…but still he’ll only be wookie to me. Will he be strong enough to not let our love go when he goes back to korea? If only I could really stay with him…if only I can live in Korea with him and our friends then I’ll be very content.

I sighed as I took a sip from my wine glass and looked at the lights down below. Here I am , in the city of love with the man who owns my heart but I cant stop worrying of our future together if we want to work things out. He has done so much for me during our short stay in Paris and I know he would continue to do more for me if I let him and I would only fall deeper in love. What can I give to him? What can I give up for the love that we obviously have for one another?

‘mianhe jagiya…they wanted to know where appa is.’ He told me with a smile as he sat in front of me ‘are you enjoying the food?’ he asked

I smiled and nodded ‘you seem very at ease talking to them, do you not want to work at your company oppa? You’re very good with people.’

He shook his head as he took a bite from his salad ‘but I’m not good enough to run our entire business…in time maybe, but for now I love what I do and I’m having the time of my life.’

‘I can see that…you’d leave before I do right oppa?’

‘ne…as much as I don’t want to but I only have a week then suju will resume with the ever busy schedule that we have. Come with me to Seoul’ he said as he held my hand ‘I want you to come with me.’

‘oppa…’ I whispered as I took his hand in mine ‘I want to…but like you I also have responsibilities, we both have to do what we have to do, I have a life in New York and you have your career in Seoul.’

I felt him grip my hand even tighter as if he was afraid that if he let go I’ll disappear before his very eyes, though I had no intentions of disappearing from him but I only saw a way out of the misery that we would have if we continue doing this. It wouldn’t be practical for him to go to New York for me when he can and it wouldn’t be fair for the 2 of us to continue like this…I need to find a way for this relationship to work but when I’m not quite sure about my decision, we both have to be practical about the choices we make.

‘oppa, I’m not going anywhere…I wont go anywhere but we cant keep doing this.’

‘what do you mean jagiya? I like what we have, if its about me not talking you during those past months…mianheyo’ he whispered

I shook my head and gave his fingers a soft kiss ‘I’m not leaving you…I’m not going to make the same mistakes we did before. I just want to be sure that what we have is real, I want to make sure that what we have will last.’

‘but I don’t understand…don’t you love me anymore Alyssa-sshi?’ he asked me and all I wanted to do was take him in my arms and never let him go but I cant…I cant do that as of now, he did so much for me, by simply revealing to our parents our relationship, being man enough to talk to my father and making me feel like I’m the only girl in the world. I need to do something for him…I need to do something for us.

‘I love you…more than you’ll ever know, trust me…I need to do this oppa. Can you trust me on this?’ I asked him.

He was reluctant I know but he nodded just the same, I just hope that he can be strong for the both of us, a little time is all I ask and a little time is all I need.

**a few days later…**

‘I love you…don’t forget that’ I whispered as we were walking to his rented car late that rainy Saturday afternoon.

He was leaving for Seoul a week before I was scheduled to leave, he wanted me to come with him to the airport but I decided to stay behind the manor with his parents and mine. Our parents were in the main house with their business partners and I was saying my goodbyes to him before he left.

Its been a couple of days since our memorable night in Paris, wherein we both made a decision to give ourselves some time alone and to work out a couple of things for our relationship and I guess its safe to say that we have gotten closer ever since that night. We weren’t arguing as much anymore, it was as if we had grown so much since then.

I was holding his hand and he was holding the umbrella as we made his way to his car, we were mindless of how cold it was outside nor of the driver waiting for him inside the car to take him to the airport and to take him away from me. I don’t know for how long will I get to see him again but I trust him and I trust what we have, I’m only wishing he can stay strong enough for I need all the strength I can get and adjusting wont be that easy.

‘saranghae jagiya…are you sure you wont change your mind? We can-‘

‘hush’ I silenced him as I gave him a smile ‘kiss me…just kiss me oppa, we’ll get thru this, one step at a time remember?’ I told him

He smiled and nodded ‘ne…one step at a time’ he whispered as he leaned down to give me a kiss.

I wouldn’t have wanted the kiss to stop but I know it was time for him to go. I softly pushed him away and kissed him on his cheek.

‘I love you…now go before I change my mind.’ I told him as I gave him one last kiss and ran inside the manor. I wanted to look back but then I have to be firm about my decision…it was for the two of us and I could only hope that what I was doing was right.

**an**

the 2nd part of their date...its a bit short but i just want to finish writing it :P hope you guys like the way the story is going, and thanks so much for being patient with my updates :)