Chant

The Singing Violin

-Chant, A Song-

Chaerin stunned to see the unconcious Kyung Soo.

"Another fever, right," Chaerin called someone.

"Kris?" She called him in perfect English accent.

"Who?" Kris asked in English too.

"Chaerin speaking. If I'm not disturbing you right now, I wanna say that Kyung Soo is now faint on the rooftop and..."

"What?! I will right there soon," Kris said and he did ran to the rooftop.

He quickly brought Kyung Soo to his bedroom. Chaerin stared at the older, worrying about his condition.

"What happened?" Kris asked.

"I... I told him something and he shocked plus his condition was getting worse. Maybe because of that ing recital that everyone afraid of," She murmured until Kris cutted her off.

"What something?"

"I don't know if you know but you must be already knew."

"What is that?"

"I'm arranged to meet Yixing," This statement made a light bulb in Kris's brain right away.

He stared at Kyung Soo and laughed. Chaerin was confused.

"Why are you laughing?!"

"No no! don't talk about that anymore," Kris begged.

"Fine," Chaerin walked to the kitchen and started remembering about the porridge recipe.

"I guess that he isn't okay. We should bring him to the doctor," Suho, who just came after Kris called him, suggested.

Suddenly Kyung Soo opened his eyes and looked around.

"Where am I?"

"You're in your room after fainted successfully," Kris announced.

"What?"

"Yes, you fainted again," Suho added.

"I don't know why I fainted but the last words that I heard was....," Kyung Soo's eyes widened and his cheeks was getting redder.

"We got it," Suho laughed happily and clapped like a seal.

"That was embarassing!" Kyung Soo pulled the blanket to cover his face.

Kris and Suho was glad to see this side of Kyung Soo again. At last, their bestfriend were back to his ownself. The one who nice and gentle.

Chaerin entered the bedroom and Kyung Soo jolted in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and Kris also Suho grinned suspiciously.

"Making you a bowl of warm porridge. You should go to the doctor," Chaerin said.

"This recital got my on my nerves I guess," Kyung Soo sighed.

"Thanks for your help anyway," Chaerin said to Kris who just nodded.

"Oh I got some singing practice this evening and if you excuse me," Suho looked at his watch and said goodbye.

"I will go to the teater first. My moves aren't that good so I need to practice with Tao," Kris stood up.

"Good luck then," Chaerin and Kyung Soo said at the same time.

"I need to practice too," Chaerin putted the porridge and said goodbye.

"Oh yeah, I think you need to forgive your brother. He didn't take what's yours I guess. Everybody get their own spotlight and you got one too," Kyung Soo blinked to hear such words.

She was shocked to see someone after she opened the door.

"Oh Yixing oppa. Hello," Chaerin greeted.

"Hello, how is Kyung Soo?"

"He will be fine."

"Okay I will check on him."

"Bye then," Chaerin smiled and entered her room.

"Gege," Kyung Soo greeted when Yixing showed up.

"How are you?" Yixing smiled and sat beside Kyung Soo on the bed.

"Feel a little bit dizzy but I'm fine," Kyung Soo said.

"Do you know something about Chaerin?" Yixing asked as Kyung Soo stunned.

"Hmm.. Yeah," That's all Kyung Soo said.

"I don't mean to be with her and I don't like that arranged meeting too," Yixing deliberately said as Kyung Soo gasped in shock.

"But I think you like her," Kyung Soo stated.

"No. She likes someone else."

"Who?"

"Isn't it that obvious?" Yixing asked.

"Sehun?"

***

Sehun stared at his partitures after practicing for almost 2 hours. He needed to to his best for the recital. His first recital with another new student. He then looked at the schedule. First day, all seniors and new students got the last full day to perform. There must be Jongin with his full skill in dancing or Tao with the matrial arts theater. He then remember about the orchestra and went to the assembly hall.

Chaerin wrote her own composed song. She decided to make this and didn't know why but she wanted to.

"Finish!" Chaerin stacked the pencil down and stared at her masterpiece for each instrument.

"Woah I don't know I can make this," She ran to the assembly hall.

All new students were now in thew assembly hall, they needed to practice a song for the last performance. Including Sehun who just sat dilligently on his place.

"How about Beethoven?" Young Joo asked the others as the conductor for the performance.

"It's nice but we need something more powerful," Nana, the flute player, said.

Suddenly the hall door opened with a bang and Chaerin ran to the stage.

"How about this?" Chaerin gave Young Joo her scores.

"Wha... Wow!" Young Joo shouted and the others eyed him curiously.

"What is that?" Jaemi, Chaerin's friend and the cello player asked.

"This is amazing!" Young Joo flipped the pages as Chaerin gasped in disbelief.

"Han Young, will you help me copy this?" Young Joo gave the papers to Han Young.

"Okay!" Han Young, the clarinet player said as he stood up.

"I'm curious!" Song Hee, another flute player protested.

Chaerin sat next to Sehun. They got the first violin so they were on the first row.

"What is that actually?" Sehun asked.

"A song that someone sang. I don't know but I want to make it," Chaerin said.

Han Young came and started giving the sheets.

"Woah!" Jaemi gasped as the scores.

"This is good!" Nana exclaimed.

The other student stared at Chaerin and smiled. Young Joo decided to use this as the second song for the orchestra part after Beethoven.

"Let's check this out!" Young Joo lifted his baton.

They started to play slowly and it went really good. The horn part went well and Chaerin was glad. Young Joo clapped at the end of the song.

"Flutes got the lyrics part. Thanks Chaerin!" Nana happily said

"Me too!" Jaemi got the lead interlude with cellos.

"Why?" Sehun stared at his part in the beginning of the song as he was shocked to play that alone but it went well.

"I want you to play the beginning. I don't know why but I want you to," Chaerin said as Sehun got a weird flash in Chaerin's gaze.

"Are you...," Sehun stopped when Young Joo announced to try Beethoven Symphony no. 8.

***

"You got a solo part?" Luhan asked shockly as Sehun nodded when they had dinner together with the others.

"Congrats!" Jongdae hugged Sehun right away.

"We will watch you!" Xiumin announced as they nodded in agreement.

"Of course!" Chanyeol grinned.

***

Chaerin walked to the dining to have dinner when someone showed up near the door to it.

"Kyung?"

"Oh hello there Chae," Kyung Soo smiled as they walked to the dining room together.

"I heard what you said before," Kyung Soo managed to say.

"Eh?"

"Do you have someone you like?" Chaerin stunned when she heard the same question from Kyung Soo.

Chaerin didn't dare to look at Kyung Soo.

"Silent means yes and I'm glad if you like him," Kyung Soo said as he walked away.

***

"Is it Sehun?" Suho asked after they heard Yixing.

"It's not me. I'm sure of it," Sehun defended himself.

"Then why she gave you the part?" Jongin asked.

"Let's wait until the recital. It will show up there," Kris stated as they agreed.

***

"Yeah mom?" Chaerin received the call in the morning at 5 days before the recital.

"Do you have time to come home? They want us to meet again."

"Mom..."

"Your father said so, Chaerin."

"Fine."

***

"But mom," Yixing tried to avoid the meeting.

"No buts."

"She have someone in her mind, mom. Love can't be insisted," Yixing said as his mother sighed.

"Who is that?"

"I'm not sure on who. But she has it. I can feel it."

"Okay we'll stop here," His mom surrender and agreed.

"Thanks mom."

***

"You don't need to go," Chaerin's mom called her again.

"But why?"

"You need to be honest to us. Who is that boy that you like?" Her mother asked.

"Come to the recital and I'll show you who. Bring father along if he wants."