Résurrection

The Singing Violin

Résurrection

Kyung Soo and Chaerin froze for seconds. He said it. At last he said it.

"I'm sorry," Kyung Soo said as Chaerin let go of him and tears started to fall down again on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry if it make you feel uncomfortable. I- I will go," Kyung Soo said as he wanted to stand.

"No," Chaerin held Kyung Soo's wrist, making him stay.

Chaerin hugged Kyung Soo as the boy hugged her back.

"Please, don't leave me," Chaerin whispered.

"I won't, Chaerin," Kyung Soo replied.

***

Chaerin stood up in front of the university. She smiled as she adored all the atmosphere presented there. She would miss this place. She would.

"Chaerin!" Jaemi ran and hugged Chaerin.

"How are you Jaemi?" Chaerin smiled.

"I'm fine! Then how about you?" Jaemi asked.

"I don't know."

"Nam Chaerin," Chaerin turned around just to see Mr. Jung came to her.

"Hello Jung seongsaenim!"

"I... I am sorry for your loss," Mr. Jung said as Chaerin punched his shoulder playfully with her right hand and laughed.

"It's not that like someone just passed away, Daehyun," Chaerin said as Jaemi's eyes widened in surprise.

"Now you call me with my name."

"Chae," a voice made Chaerin's face lighten up.

"Kyung Soo," Chaerin ran to him.

"Let's go," Kyung Soo offered his hand.

Chaerin waved goodbye to Jaemi and Mr. Jung.

"So what is she to you?" Jaemi said to Mr. Jung.

"Naah it's not like that. Wanna get some coffee?" Daehyun said.

"Did you just?" Jaemi stunned as Chaerin turned around to wink at her and Kyung Soo grinned.

"Aish that not-so innocent girl."

***

"So when will you go?" Chaerin said as she putted down her vanilla latte.

"I... I don't know but I don't think that I'll go," Kyung Soo said.

"It's your dream isn't it?" Chaerin asked.

"Yes."

"Then go for it when you still have your chances," Chaerin assured him.

"But you're here," Kyung Soo held Chaerin's hand.

"No, I'm right there," Chaerin pointed right to Kyung Soo's chest as the boy blushed.

"Okay if you want me to."

Kyung Soo was worried actually. This Chaerin in front of him wasn't fully Chaerin. She would be nice and sweet but harsh sometimes and it went natural. But now, she forced herself and Kyung Soo knew it. He dropped Chaerin to her home as she waved goodbye.

"I need to do something," He murmured.

***

Chaerin sighed and entered her room again. She stared at the boxes prepared for her by her mom. Soon she would left because there was nothing to do anymore. It stopped. Everything stopped right away.

She stopped walking when she saw it. Her violin case. She ran her right fingers through the fabric. Unconciously opened the case and took the violin.

She positioned the violin and held the bow with her right hand.

"Ave Maria," She murmured as she started to play.

She the bow but nothing came out beside the shrieking sound of openstrings. She turned to see her left hand. She hardly commanded her left fingers to move but no, they didn't press the strings just like before. Her tears fell down as she tried to play. Now everything was gone. Gone away in a blink of eye.

"Chaerin?" A voice made her stood up, packed her violin, wiped her tears and opened the door.

"Sehun?" Chaerin opened the door and Sehun stared at her puffy eyes, finding out that she just cried before.

"Do you need some fresh air?" Sehun asked.

"Maybe."

"Then let's go to the rooftop," Sehun offered as Chaerin nodded but she glanced at Sehun who brought his violin along.

"Let's see what I can play," Sehun said as he flipped the partitures.

"Every songs is okay," Chaerin tried to keep herself calm despite to angry towards her friend.

"Now -Sehun hold both Chaerin's shoulder and said- see me playing and imagine that you're the one who play. Deal?" Sehun asked.

"O-okay."

Sehun started to the bow at the strings and Chaerin closed her eyes. Suddenly she felt better and followed the song well.

"So how was it?" Sehun turned to see Chaerin.

"Better! Thanks Sehun!" Chaerin genuinely smiled.

"I'm actually sad that you can't go with us."

"Me too."

"Hope you can find something or maybe a miracle," Sehun encouraged her.

"I hope so, Sehun," Chaerin stared at her left hand and smiled, tried to decipher the meaning of all this sudden turning point.

***

Kyung Soo stared at the calender in his phone. A week. Just a week left. Everyone started to shop about everything that they should bring. But here he was, confused on how to make Chaerin come with them.

"I need a miracle," Kyung Soo murmured.

"Why don't you make one?" Yixing's voice heard from behind.

"It's nerve system and you know that it's permanent," Kyung Soo nearly cracked up.

"God will give the way Kyung Soo. You need to believe," Yixing hugged Kyung Soo.

"Thanks gege."

***

"So where are you taking me?" Chaerin asked as Kris looked at Kyung Soo to talk something.

"It's a surprise," Kyung Soo said.

They arrived at a hall to see the music concert. A full orchestra. Kyung Soo didn't dare to opened Chaerin's slayer. He said thank you to Kris and led Chaerin to ticket box and he gave the form. After he got the ticket, he led Chaerin to the seat in the middle.

"Where are we?" Chaerin asked because she felt to hear something about songs and violins and strings.

"Promise me you won't be angry."

"Okay I promise."

"Open your slayer."

Chaerin opened her slayer and saw a beautiful yet simple stage where every player started to fill the seat along with their instruments.

"Wow," Chaerin didn't realize about her hand matter and focused to the stage.

Kyung Soo relieved to see Chaerin's response. A person who conducted that night came to greet the audience.

"Nutcracker!" Chaerin whispered as the orchestra started playing.

The first song ended and a violinist stood up. Chaerin stared at the booklet and stared at it.

"Carmen," She stared at the soloist as she began her part.

Kyung Soo gulped to see Chaerin's reaction.

"This is good," Chaerin flipped the booklet and cheered silently as the other song made her up.

Beethoven Symphony no. 8, the one she played with all the new students echoed in the room. Her eyes sparkled and she felt better to hear music again. She would always love violin and that would never change. It just that she realized that her fingers didn't work well so she stared to the floor.

"If you can't wait a little longer for the miracle," Kyung Soo said as he held Chaerin's hand.

Chaerin stared at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"Just make it ourselves," Kyung Soo said as Chaerin's eyes widened.

***

Kyung Soo accompanied Chaerin home as they walked in silence.

"I'm sorry if you feel somehow angry to me," Kyung Soo finally said.

Chaerin hugged Kyung Soo and smiled. Kyung Soo never lied to her and she shouldn't be angry if he remembered her about violin because avoided it made no changes at all.

"Thank you, Do Kyung Soo," Chaerin gazed through Kyung Soo's stare, admiring those calm eyes.

Kyung Soo leaned closer and Chaerin closed her eyes. Their lips met for seconds and Kyung Soo just kissed her tenderly, full of love.

"You need some rest," Kyung Soo managed to say as he blushed.

"Okay. See you," Chaerin smiled and entered her home.

And it was in Sunday. Kyung Soo somehow prayed to Lord that the miracle would come soon before they left next week.

"Please, God."