Réalité

The Singing Violin

-Réalité, Reality-

"What's with this sudden weird atmosphere?" Chanyeol stared at everyone especially at Kyung Soo and Chaerin.

Everyone started to recognize the changes of behavior from those two but tried to discuss it themselves.

The practices started to wreck them up. All the lecturer seemed to give them a lot of songs and projects and partitures.

"OMG!" Jaemi shouted as everyone in the hall stared at her.

"What?" Chaerin hissed because Jaemi attracted some attentions to them and she didn't like it.

"The test is next week!" Chaerin facepalmed herself.

How could she forget?

***

Chaerin ran to the hall, the place where the test being held. She luckily came in time as she tried to constant her breath. Something was bothering her today but she didn't know and just let it go.

Everything will be fine...

"Number 20!"

Chaerin stunned to hear her number but quickly reacted by bringing her violin and entered the stage area. She was told to play a song from one judges.

At last she choosed Meditation from Thais and played it skillfully. But seconds later, the judges felt the aura, the calm atmosphere in the hall as Chaerin played the song well. Vibrations made everything seemed so dramatic and the judges unconciously applaused when she ended playing.

"Thank you for the gorgeous song, Ms. Chaerin," one of the judges said as Chaerin bowed and left the stage.

Several days later felt like hell for her as she waited for the results.

"Chaerin!!! Wake up!" a harsh knocks heard on her bedroom door as she lazily woke up and opened it.

"You made it!" Jaemi said enthusiasticly.

"What?" Chaerin's voice hoarsed as she cleared .

Jaemi dragged her along the faculty corridor and even forgot that Chaerin still in her pyjamas. Chaerin blinked her eyes several times because she didn't believe it. She finally saw her name between the others who got the scholarship and she even found Jaemi's name too as the celloinist.

"Horaaay!!" Chaerin jumped as the celebration along with Jaemi.

"Woah. What a cheerful morning," a familiar voice heard as Chaerin turned to face the smiling boys walked towards them.

"Morning Yixing oppa! I made it!" Chaerin said as Chanyeol laughed out loud.

"What?" Chaerin asked innocently.

"You are still in your pyjamas, silly," Kyung Soo said between his urge to laugh like Chanyeol.

"Nooo!!" Chaerin ran and Jaemi followed her as the boys laughed at her.

***

That evening, Chaerin treated them all a cup of bubble tea including Kyung Jae, Kyung Won, and Jaemi.

"Congratulation to us!" Jongdae, who accepted in singing major scholarship, lifted his bubble tea as everyone followed him.

Kyung Soo laughed because he also got the scholarship and they could be in the same plane, flying to Paris and then admired everything in there.

They all separated themselves outside the cafe and waved at each other. Kyung Soo ended with Kyung Won as Chaerin walked with Kyung Jae.

"Kyung Jae, be careful," Chaerin noticed him not to walk closer to the street.

Suddenly, a car moved closer to the pedestrian path that Chaerin pulled Kyung Jae in reflects. But unfortunately, she fell over and her left arm landed on the street, rolled by the car wheel. But the driver didn't notice and drove away as Chaerin shocked to see her bleeding left hand.

"Argh!" Chaerin shouted as two boys turned around.

"Chaerin!" Kyung Soo kneed to see Chaerin lifted his left hand and stunned.

"We should get her into the hospital," Kyung Won said as Kyung Soo led her to walk.

Kyung Jae waited patiently as his brothers accompany Chaerin to the emergency again. He sometimes nearly cried because of his memory about his mom.

"She broke some bones and we need to do the surgery right away," what doctor said made Chaerin paled.

Kyung Soo took Chaerin's phone and called her parents and they rushed to the hospital right away. Her parents agreed when doctor offered to do some surgeries on her hand.

"You'll be fine," Kyung Soo assured her when Chaerin was on the bed to the surgery room.

Chaerin didn't answer and stared blankly. The bed pushed again and gone into the surgery room.

"She'll be fine," Kyung Won said to Chanwon as they already became friend within seconds.

***

Chaerin opened her eyes.

Where am I?

She looked around and felt somehow weird. Her hands were numb. She lifted her right hand but it was fine. She lifted her left finger and tried to move her left fingers. She stunned as she tried to move it again. But it's no use.

"Wh- Why?" She shocked to have a paralyzed left fingers.

Suddenly someone entered the room and Chaerin found that it was just a female doctor who she recognized before the surgery.

"I think I have to tell you this."

"What?" Chaerin asked cluelessly.

"Your parents said that you love to play violin."

No No... Please don't say that...

"I am truly sorry. I did my best but the nerve system were broken and they couldn't be replaced and your fingers' bone are crushed so we need to replace it with another material like bones. And with that condition, I... I suggest you not to play violin again. Your left fingers are still work but it will never be the same like before."

Chaerin's heart dropped right away. She started to cry. Everything seemed like a dream and she wanted to wake up.

"Go away," She hissed as the doctor left her alone to receive the fact.

She pinched her arm and it felt hurts. She wasn't  dreaming. The reality knocked her down. Leaving her tears behind as she cried the whole night until she was tired and fell asleep.

"Chaerin?" a familiar voice made her awoke.

"Mom?"

"Thank God you're okay," Mrs. Nam hugged his daugther as she recognized the puffy eyes.

"I...," Chaerin nearly cried saying that.

"No don't say anything," she pulled her daugther into a warm hug.

"Everything will be okay," Chaerin cried again and drowned herself in her mother's embrace.

***

Kyung Soo stunned as the other shocked to hear the condition of Chaerin. Jaemin bursted into tears and Jongin hugged her to calm her down.

"H-How?" Tao shocked as he nearly cried.

"She saved Kyung Jae," Kyung Soo said as tears started to fall down.

"She was accepted," Chanyeol said.

"And now...," Baekhyun couldn't continue as he cried.

"We need to calm her down," Suho suggested as he felt ached too.

"She's in denying state right now," Kris concluded.

"But she can't play her violin again, hyung," Sehun added as he cried with Jongin and Jaemi.

"She... No, the reality swept her dreams away," Jongdae finally broke into some sobs.

Kyung Soo shocked to hear those words from Jongdae. He clenched his teeth, trying not to be sentimental and emotional.  He couldn't believe it and he was sure that Chaerin was now crying. Everybody decided to pay her a visit that night.

"Chaerin," Sehun was the first person to showed that time.

"Hey there," Chaerin weakly smiled as the other followed Sehun inside.

"We brought you this!" Xiumin showed her some good quality candies, Luhan presented the pororo DVDs, and Suho with a pororo blanket.

"Thank you," Chaerin tried to take it but stop when she looked at her left hand.

"Today we will watch every episodes of Pororo!" Kyung Jae decided as he borrowed the TV and putted the DVD inside the player.

"Well I guess that will be a great idea," Chaerin smiled as Kyung Jae sat beside him on the bed and everyone laughed at some scenes.

Kyung Soo caught a glimpse of sadness in Chaerin's eyes. He knew that she wasn't okay. But in front of the boys and Kyung Jae. They watched Pororo together until evening. Then Kyung Won brought Kyung Jae, who sleeping soundly in his brother's hug, back to home.

"We will come again," Baekhyun smiled.

"Thanks," Chaerin replied as they waved goodbye.

"Kyung Soo, how about you?" Kyung Won asked as he brought Kyung Jae.

"I will stay here first," He said.

"Okay," Kris hugged Kyung Soo and they said goodbye.

Kyung Soo walked to Chaerin's room again and saw her staring at her left hand. Her eyes full of sadness. She cried, alone.

"Chae," Kyung Soo stepped inside and Chaerin quickly wiped her tears.

"What are you doing here?" Chaerin smiled.

"Stop smiling like an idiot," Kyung Soo said as Chaerin stared at him.

"Wha...."

"Stop being happy all the time. I'm sick of your attitude," Kyung Soo's harsh word made Chaerin stunned.

"I... I can't play my violin," Chaerin said as she started to sob.

"Yes you can't. For now," Kyung Soo sat beside her on the bed and her hair.

"I can't feel anything on my fingers," Chaerin cried.

Kyung Soo couldn't hold it anymore. He hugged Chaerin who cried on his chest.

"Everything won't be okay. But at least try to be strong and face the truth, Chaerin," Kyung Soo said softly.

"You're the one who don't lie," Chaerin said between her cried.

"I won't lie to you because I know you can do it," Kyung Soo said as he wiped all the tears away from Chaerin's eyes.

"I love you, Nam Chaerin."

----------------

Author's note : am I cruel? Thanks for reading anyway and thank you so much for those who subscribe, hope that I don't make you curled up because of this chapter but hey, life is like a ferris wheel. You can be up there but there's time when you go down.. ^^