Jour

The Singing Violin

read the previous chapter first hehehe... gonna triple update for today ;)

-Jour, The Day-

Three days more and poof! The recital would be there. The scores for this recital decided whether the student passed or not to the next level. The pressures were there, expert lectures plus audiences from all kind of ages.

"You guys are getting better," Young Joo praised as they high fived each other.

"Especially Sehun," Nana said as Sehun blushed a little.

"And the composer," Han Young said as they looked at Chaerin.

They ended their practices in the evening and Chaerin left the last. She passed the practice room corridor and heard a piano.

"Hungarian Rhapsody!" She murmured as she searched the player.

Just as she thought, Yixing was there, playing happily at all.

"Oppa!" Chaerin waved her hand and Yixing smiled at her.

"Hey there. How's practice?" He smiled again and Chaerin stunnd for a while.

"Fine. I made something so you and everyone must see," She laughed and Yixing promised that he will come with the others.

"You need to come to ours," Yixing said.

"I will oppa! Ah I need to go now. Bye bye!"

"Bye, Chaerin."

The girl walked to her room and opened the door. She waited for the sound beside but heard nothing.

"Rooftop," She murmured and walked to the rooftop.

So now I come, to you, with open arms...

Nothing to hide, believe what I say...

Here I am, with open arms...

Hoping you'll see, what your love means to me...

Open arms...

Chaerin stunned as Kyung Soo ended singing. She loves the voice and...

"Chae?" Chaerin even gulped when Kyung Soo called her and she felt something rolled down on her cheeks.

"Why?" Kyung Soo shocked to see Chaerin cried.

"Your voice is toooo beautiful," Chaerin got her handkerchief and wiped her eyes.

"Is it?"

"Yeah."

Kyung Soo stared at Chaerin. He then wiped her tears. Her puffy eyes and cheeks made he stared a little longer. He never thought that someone in front of him was precious. But when he remembered that Chaerin likes another person, he stopped staring and stood up.

"Don't cry," Kyung Soo said as Chaerin also stared at him.

"I like you," Chaerin said as Kyung Soo shocked to hear that.

"What?"

Chaerin then ran with her papers, shocked about what she just said.

Is it true that I like him? Or love him?

"Hey. Be careful," She bumped Jongin along the way to her room.

"Chaerin? What happened?" Jongin asked as he led Chaerin to the nearest chair.

"I... just confess to someone," Chaerin managed to say.

Jongin shocked to hear that.

"Who?"

He even shocked more to hear the continuation

"Kyung Soo."

***

"WHAT?!" Everybody shouted and looked at Jongin after he explained what happened.

"She said that to me!" Jongin recalled the memory.

"This is too...," Tao couldn't say more.

"We should do something," Luhan insisted.

"Now I know the reason behind that song," Sehun said.

"Yeah, It's for him," Xiumin said.

"But how?" Baekhyun asked as he stole Chanyeol's fries.

"I got something," Kris smirked as they leaned closer to him.

***

"Welcome!" one teacher as the commitee greeted the family who come to the first day of recital. The day for seniors.

"I'm nervous!" Kris jumped on his place.

"Then me too," Xiumin stood beside him.

"How is it?" Tao entered the backstage.

"Why should us in the first place?" Kris and Xiumin said.

"Because you two are handsome," Baekhyun said as he entered the room with full costume.

"That's not helping," Chanyeol grinned as he stemed his guitar.

"Just go!" Tao shooed them when the MC called the theater performance.

Jongin and Sehun grinned to see his hyung do some acting and Chaerin shocked to see the show.

"They're awesome!" Chaerin said after they did some fighting movements like in the action movies.

"Woah next is the legendary collaboration!" Jongin said as Sehun and Chaerin got more curious.

"Wha...," Chaerin stopped when she saw Baekhyun, Kyung Soo, and Jongdae stepped to the stage with Yixing on the piano.

The audiences gasped in shock when Yixing played the intro of the newest song from EXO, Miracles in December. Of course the one who amazed were fangirls. Chaerin couldn't take her eyes from those four. Kyung Soo was trembling on his feet. Especially when Chaerin's eyes landed on his vision and luckily he still remember his part.

"This song is good!" Chaerin stated.

Chaerin tried not to stare at Kyung Soo for a long time. She was embarrased by the sudden confession but she tried to stay cool, which was obvious to Sehun and Jongin because they knew the truth.

"I just hear it now and Yixing ge plays well," Sehun added.

"Better download it," Jongin surfed to find the real version.

Then after they performed, Luhan, Suho, and Chanyeol took the stage with some songs which made them happier than ever.

"They sang in english," Jongin shocked to hear Kris's voice next to him.

"Yah hyung you frightened me!" He protested as Kris smiled innocently and Sehun just laughed.

Chaerin applaused real hard until her palm started to sore. Another performers were also good.

"I'm nervous about tomorrow," Chaerin said as they walked together to the dorm that evening after the first day recital ended.

"Me too," Sehun said.

"Don't worry you'll all do fine," Suho gave them some encouraging words.

"Thanks," Chaerin weakly smiled.

"Kyung Soo, are you alright?" Xiumin asked as everyone stared at him.

"Yeah," Kyung Soo grinned and walked beside Jongin.

"See you tomorrow then," Yixing smiled at the youngers.

***

"Where's my bow?" Jaemi ran in the backstage to search for it.

"Calm down. Here's your bow," Chaerin gave Jaemi her cello bow and she sighed in relieveness.

"I'm nervous," Nana said.

"We are all nervous," Young Joo said as he stared at the partitures.

"Sehun!" Han Young greeted when a familiar figure walked to the backstage.

"Your mom is outside. Your dad too," Sehun said to Chaerin as the girl ran outside.

"Mom," Chaerin called and greeted her mom.

"Glad we make it here."

"Father," Chaerin bowd politely.

"Let me guide you to sit," The girl then led them to the proper place to see her.

"Good luck," Her mom said as Chaerin lifted her thumb.

Kyung Soo entered the hall with everyone as he looked at a familiar person near the front seat.

"Mrs. Nam?" He greeted politely as the others gasped in shock but still managed to sit near there.

"Oh Mr. Do!"

"Who is this?" A male beside her asked.

"This is the one who helped me up," Mrs. Nam introduced Kyung Soo.

"Hello, my name is Do Kyung Soo sir. Nice to meet you," Kyung Soo bowed politely.

"He's Chaerin's father," Kyung Soo shocked to see him.

"Excuse me, I guess I need to go back to my seat. Hope you enjoy the perfomances," Kyung Soo tried to smile.

"Thank you," Mrs. Nam smiled as Kyung Soo bowed and went back to meet the others.

"You know her mother?!" Baekhyun asked enthusiasticly.

"Yeah."

"Wow," Chanyeol chuckled as Jongdae still in blank mode.

"What a progress," Suho nodded his head.

"I don't know that they're this close," Kris whispered to Luhan who just nodded.

"Oh it's starting," Luhan said as they focused at the stage.

One by one, the student came up to show what they learned before. Chaerin and Sehun made a great duet of Canon in D, Tao impressed the audience with his action theater and Jongin with his movements.

"And the last performance is presented by the new student orchestra."

The students started to stepped and sat on their place. Young Joo lifted his baton and Beethoven Symphony no. 8 filled the room with joy and ended with many applauds as Chaerin's parents clapped their hands too.

"Before the second song. Let's hear some words from the composer of this song," Young Joo grabbed the mic and motioned Chaerin to come over.

"What?" Chaerin murmured and Sehun pushed her to enter the stage.

"Emm.. Hi, my name is Nam Chaerin and this was made as the welcome song from us to all the teachers and seniors.. And I presented this to someone who used to sing this song and I love his voice and they way he sings. Hope you all enjoy this," Chaerin ended her speech and bowed politely.

Kyung Soo shocked when Sehun stood up and played his solo part with violin.

"Open Arms!" Jongdae said happily as the others smiled.

Living without you, living alone...

This empty house seems so cold...

Wanting to hold you, wanting you near...

How much I wanted you home...

Baekhyun and everyone sang along to the song.

"She's talented in this," Yixing announced as Kyung Soo who sat beside him nodded in agreement.

"Why?" Kyung Soo asked himself on why Chaerin re-compossed this song.

He realized after Chaerin ended her speech.

"She... truly likes me," Kyung Soo murmured.