Minuscule

The Singing Violin

-Minuscule, Tiny-

Monday

Chaerin awoke and she quickly pulled her blanket because she remembered last night. Chaerin touched her lips and smiled. The feelings were there, sending her some shivers to her spine.

"I miss you," Chaerin rolled and grinned as she hugged her doll.

"Chaerin," a voice heard outside her room.

"Oppa!" Chaerin ran, opened the door and hugged Chanwon because he just came from Sydney to spent a week again in home.

"How's my little sister?" Chanwon asked.

"I'm fine!" Chaerin cheered as Chanwon glad to see his sister smiled despite of the left fingers problem that she has.

"So, how's your date with Kyung Soo?" Chanwon teased as Chaerin flushed in red and Chanwon knew something happened.

"Did he do something bad?" Chanwon asked worriedly.

"No... He just...," Chaerin couldn't say more and touched her lips and Chanwon's lips formed an 'O', signaling that he understood.

"He's just sweet," Chanwon said as Chaerin smiled sheepishly.

"But oppa, the way you say it seems so gay," Chaerin eyed her brother suspiciously.

"Woah woah! No no I'm straight," Chanwon said as Chaerin laughed.

"Okay I believe that," Chaerin replied.

"Where did he take you to?"

"To a music concert."

"Are you okay with that? You know that I won't talk about it but sometimes I need to,"Chanwon briefly said.

"Can you help me, oppa?" Chaerin asked.

"You know that I will help you. Always," Chanwon answered.

"Help me to make a miracle," Chaerin stared at her violin and Chanwon caught a glimpse of hope inside her sister's eyes.

"Let's make it together," Chanwon hugged Chaerin as the girl smiled.

Chanwon helped Chaerin to unpack the violin.

"I don't ever know how to play this," Chanwon laughed.

Chaerin putted her left fingers onto the strings. She inhaled deeply as she tried to move her fingers according to what she thought but nothing happened. Chanwon smiled and pressed Chaerin's finger to a string softly.

"Can you feel the string?" Chanwon asked.

"No," Chaerin said as she tried to stay strong.

Chanwon pressed the fingers one by one to the strings in order to make Chaerin's muscules relaxed.

"Can you feel something?" Chanwon asked again and again.

"I feel something," Chaerin whispered.

"Really?"

"But I'm not sure."

"There's always tomorrow Chaerin."

The bell rang as Chanwon ran to open the door.

"Eh? Chanwon hyung?" a smaller male seemed surprise to see him.

"Kyung Soo! I miss you," Chanwon hugged Kyung Soo and led him inside and he was shocked to see Chaerin touched her violin again.

"Is she okay?" Kyung Soo whispered.

"She absorbed someone's sentence. I guess," Chanwon winked as Kyung Soo smiled.

They tried it until evening and Kyung Soo even went for a while for his class and went back again to Chaerin's home.

"First try. Not bad at all," Chaerin smiled.

"I'm tired but happy," Chanwon said as he slurped a glass of vanilla milkshake made by Kyung Soo.

"This is delicious," Chaerin drank more.

"Glad to see you like it," Kyung Soo smiled.

"Dinner!" Mrs. Nam announced.

"Horay!" Chaerin and Chanwon cheered as they pulled Kyung Soo along to eat with them.

***

"So how's Chaerin?" Kyung Won said when Kyung Soo came back home that night.

"Maybe there's a miracle," Kyung Soo said.

Kyung Soo opened his room and stunned to see the darkness.

"Guys," He frowned as someone the light.

"Kyung Won," Kyung Soo hissed as his brother grinned.

"They asked for it. Surprise," Kyung Won laughed.

"We miss you!!" EXO shouted as they ran to hug Kyung Soo.

"We just met few hours ago!" Kyung Soo protested as he tried to let go from Baekhyun's kiss or Suho's.

They laughed that night and chatted and played some games and even Kyung Jae forgot to sleep.

"Guys, Kyung Jae needs to sleep," Kyung Soo announced.

"Then let me sleep with him," Jongin cheered as they started to arrange the matress in the living room to sleep together.

"Sleepover!" Chanyeol fell himself on the matress, earning some laughters and protests.

"Let's sleep!" Kris strictly announced as Kyung Jae leaned closer to Jongin and Kyung Soo.

Kyung Soo turned around to face Suho and Kris who leaned near him.

"Thanks, leader-nim," Kyung Soo grinned.

"Your welcome, Kyung Soo," Kris and Suho said as they started to fall asleep.

***

Tuesday

"You're all great," The headmaster of the university said as they finished the practice specially made for those who accepted the scholarship.

"Finish," Jongin slumped down onto the dining chair as they started to eat dinner.

"This is tiring," Tao pouted and someone smacked his head right away.

"Fighting," Kris said before Tao could protest.

"Can we follow you to Chaerin's home?" Jongin asked Kyung Soo.

"I want to see her!" Xiumin raised his cheerful tone again as usual.

"Is that okay?" Suho asked Kyung Soo.

"Let's call her and see the response!" Luhan said as he touched the green button.

"Hello?" Chaerin's voice heard.

"May us come over?" Jongdae asked.

"Have you practice?" Chaerin asked them.

"Yes!" Chaerin parted her phone but glad to hear them begging to her.

"Fine, you all can come," Chaerin finally said as she shook her head because of the cheerful screams.

Chaerin sighed and stared at her violin.

"Let's be friend again," She took the violin and started to train her fingers.

"Even it's nerve system, don't stop trying," Sehun murmured as they got ready to go to Chaerin's home.

Chanwon ran to the front door and now guarded the house because their parents went out for some meetings.

"Yeah?" Chanwon opened the door just to find 12 boys stood there.

"These are my dorkies. EXO," Kyung Soo stepped as Chanwon stunned to see them all.

"Come inside!" Chanwon motioned them to come in.

"Piano!" Baekhyun pulled Yixing to sit and play some songs.

"Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol protested when Baekhyun left him.

"Are you somehow related?" Jongdae asked as he looked at Chanyeol and Chanwon.

"Guys," Kris warned them to stay calm.

"Hi Chanwon, guess we're on the same age. I'm the leader of this derps and this my co-leader," Suho gave Chanwon a warm smile and they shook hands.

"Kris," Kris said as Chanwon grinned at him.

"I'm Chanyeol," Chanyeol smiled and Chanwon stunned.

"We share the same name! I'm Chanwon!"

"Woah this is great!" Chanyeol exclaimed.

"Where's she?" Sehun asked for Chaerin.

"Let's play games first!" Baekhyun said as they turned their head to him.

"Okay!" Chanwon the nintendo and xbox.

Kyung Soo worried about Chaerin when someone opened the dining room door with a loud voice and shocked them.

"What happen, Chaerin?" Suho ran to see her hardly breathing.

"I... I feel something with my fingers!" Chaerin anounced as they loaded the info first.

"For real?" Xiumin asked as Chaerin nodded and Kyung Soo sighed in relieveness.

"Should we try it?" Yixing's question made Chaerin ran to sit beside him.

Chaerin inhaled a second and started to lift her left fingers to the notes.

"Woah her fingers move a little!" Luhan squealed as the others cheered happily.

"But just a little," Chaerin frowned as she tried harder.

"Don't push yourself," Yixing suggested.

"New progress. Good job!" Suho exclaimed.

Kyung Soo patted Chaerin's head softly and smiled. Chaerin grinned because, yeah, she found a tiny little miracle that started to grow.