promesse

The Singing Violin

Make sure to read the 5th chapter before ;) Thanks for reading :)

-promesse, promise-

The students started to fill the hall and the lecture would soon begin.

"Good morning everyone!" The headmaster greeted them.

"Today we'll begin the lecture and it will be in English so please pay attention. Now let me present you the lecturer from Canada! Mr. Henry!"

Some girls squealed at the boy and Luhan even gulped to see someone more beautiful than him.

"Hello everyone! Annyeong haseo! Henry imnida!" the girls clapped at him because of the perfect korean pronounciation.

"Actually I can speak korean so I will speak korean to make you understand more about the topic. I'm going to tell you about the next prediction era about music and how to handle it. There will be some times to ask questions. Hope you pay attention well," He spoke in perfect korean and Chaerin together with Sehun and the others stared in disbelief.

"Multi language person just like you!" Jongdae clapped in happiness while pointing at Kris.

"He's cool," Kris praised but still looked calm.

Chaerin realized that it was the man that she met few minutes ago.

"Lucky!" Chaerin whispered and Sehun smiled.

Kyung Soo just scoffed at the reaction from the girls but he listened well to the lecture.

"Question?" Henry ended the lecture and there were 10 people who raised their hands.

"Over there?" Henry gave a chance to a girl who sat on the corner.

He elaborated the question well and Chaerin impressed at him. He answered more questions.

"Next!" Henry asked.

Chaerin felt something wrong within her arm and suddenly she felt that someone lifted her arm.

"Jongdae!" Chaerin hissed when she remembered that Jongdae sat behind her.

"Yeah?"

Everyone stared at Chaerin who dumbfounded at all. She didn't have something to ask so she stayed silent for seconds.

"What... hemm... can you play an instrument?" Chaerin almost slapped herself when some girl students glared at her and Jongdae also the others tried to hold they laugh.

"I can play piano, guitar and violin," Henry said as everyone gasped in shock.

"Thank you for answering," Chaerin said as she relieved before Henry realized something.

"So I guess I'm not say sorry to you for bumping you over so can I borrow your violin?" Henry continued as Chaerin's jaw dropped.

Jongin almost fell because he was surprised and so did Suho.

"You know him?" Chanyeol asked Chaerin who just shook her head.

Chaerin brought her violin and lent it to Henry.

"What song do you want?" Henry asked Chaerin.

"Caprice?" Chaerin suggested.

"No. 24 then," Henry started to lift the bow.

Everyone closed their mouth when he played the piece perfectly. Even some teachers clapped happily when he ended the song. Chaerin's eyes sparkled at the skill. Even Sehun and the rest of EXO (what they used to call themselves) stunned to hear such a perfection.

"Nice skill!" The MC praised Henry as he returned the violin to Chaerin.

"Thank you," Chaerin packed her violin and went back to her seat.

"Okay that's all for today. Thank you for listening and hope I can see you again," Henry ended the lecture as the other applaused.

"Excuse me!" Henry shouted as some girls turned to face him including Chaerin who walked behind Sehun.

"You!"

"Me?"

"No! Next to you!"

Chaerin gasped when Henry pointed at her.

"Me?" She pointed herself.

"Yeah you! Can you come here for a while?"

Sehun trailed her to guard her and they both came to Henry.

"So, my name is Henry," Henry gave his hand and Chaerin stared at it.

"Nam... Nam Chaerin," Chaerin shook Henry's hand and tried hard to smile normally.

"And this is?" Henry looked at Sehun.

"My name is Oh Sehun. It's an honour to meet you," Sehun gladly said.

"Sehun!" Kyung Soo called the younger and ran to him but stop when he saw Henry.

"Hello there, Kyung Soo," Henry greeted as Chaerin and Sehun gasped in shock.

"Long time no see," Kyung Soo smiled in return.

"You know each other?!" Chaerin and Sehun gasped in shock.

"My father and his father are best friends. Got some fans already huh?" Kyung Soo said as Henry laughed.

"Naah it's not that hilarious. You got some too right?" Henry asked.

"I am not as famous as you then."

"But you are talented Kyung Soo. You will shine and we will meet again. I need to go."

"You have me as a fans," Chaerin delightly said.

"Believe me. You don't want to have her as your fan," Kyung Soo teased.

"Why?" Henry asked as Chaerin stepped hard on Kyung Soo's feet.

"Don't even go near her," Kyung Soo threatened.

"Overprotective boyfriend, isn't he?" Henry winked at Chaerin who shocked to hear that.

"He/She is not my boyfriend/girlfriend!" Chaerin and Kyung Soo shouted at the same time.

"I need to go now! Bye sweet couple!" Henry walked away and Sehun bursted into laugh.

When they joined the others, Sehun was still laughing and even shed tears.

"What happened Sehun?" Jongdae asked curiously.

"Tell us! Tell us!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun echoed.

Sehun tried to stop his laugh and told them everything as Chaerin glared at Sehun and so did Kyung Soo.

"And he said that at the end!" Sehun ended his story with his laugh along with the others.

Kyung Soo decided to leave the canteen and went straight to his room, but no, maybe not his room. He stepped upstairs and opened the door to the rooftop.

Chaerin stared in worriness as Kyung Soo walked away. She then joined others to talk some lame jokes and discussed some good songs to cover.

"I guess I need to go. Test!" Chaerin waved goodbye after she looked at her watch.

"Good luck!" They said in unison.

"Thanks!"

Chaerin opened the door and unpacked her violin. She even made time to do some warming up before Mr. Jung came in.

"Well hello then! Ready for test?"

"I will try my best," Chaerin smiled.

"Let's begin then."

Chaerin lifted up her violin and played Beethoven's Spring. Then she played Caprice no. 22 and ended it with Largo.

"Good! But watch for some bowing. I knew you made some changes," Mr. Jung said as Chaerin grinned sheepishly because she knew that Mr. Jung would know.

"Okay. I will practice more often."

"I think that's all for today."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you sir!" Chaerin packed her violin as Mr. Jung left the room.

Chaerin walked back to her room and sighed. Her mind went to her family. She had three years to graduate and some auditions to pass ahead.

"I can't now," Chaerin tried to anaylze some songs but gave up and went outside.

She decided to go to the rooftop. She often go there but dont have any time but now, she needs to gain her conciousness.

She heard a sob when she opened the door slowly.

"Who?" She wandered around and found someone sat there.

"Kyung...?" Chaerin called as the boy shocked and wiped his tears, glaring at her.

"What are you doing here?" Kyung Soo hissed.

"Just want to refresh my mind. So the demon can be sad afterall?" Chaerin asked.

"That's none of your business."

"You know what? There are 11 people who worrying about you. Plus one," Chaerin said as Kyung Soo stared at her.

"Who?"

"I am one of them, silly demon," Chaerin sat beside Kyung Soo and gave him her handkerchief.

"Thanks, devil."

They sat and felt the breeze on the rooftop. Drowned in their own mind. Tried to forget or even shutted down the problems.

"You know what, I got one of a kind of parents," Chaerin started to talk.

"She looks so young by the way," Kyung Soo commented about Chaerin's mom.

"Thanks for the compliments but it's not about her."

"Then? Your dad?"

"Hu-uh."

"Then its my big bro."

"What if I tell you my problem and you tell yours?"

"But what about those 11 dorkies?" Kyung Soo asked.

"We can zip our mouth. But you need to get back to your ownself," Chaerin said.

"But... But I don't used to it anymore. Being so nice and gentle," Kyung Soo answered.

"Just cut all your profanities. I promise I'll stop mine. Deal?" Chaerin showed her pinky finger.

Kyung Soo stared for a while and decided to clinged his finger too.

"Deal."