Côté Doux

The Singing Violin

"Now it's your turn to play," Yixing said as he ended the song.

"Hemm okay," Chaerin lifted her violin.

"What song?" Sehun asked.

"Yours."

-Côté Doux, Soft Side-

Chaerin started to play the bow. Meditation from Thais filled the air and Sehun stunned to hear the vibration. Yixing knew this song and accompany her.

"Who play that?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun who walked near the music faculty stopped to hear the song.

"It's good!" Baekhyun exclaimed and told Chanyeol to hear it longer.

Kyung Soo stopped right away.

"Meditation?" Kyung Soo murmured as he wore off his earphone.

Coincidentally, he heard the same instrument few seconds ago and now someone played the real version.

"I wonder," He stepped inside the music faculty and wander around to find the source.

"Woaah!" Yixing clapped his hand as Sehun smiled.

"You're talented too!" Yixing exclaimed.

"Thanks," Chaerin stared to the floor to hide her burning cheeks.

Kyung Soo who peeked from outside gasped at the skill.

"Not a dumb girl after all," He putted his earphone and walked away.

***

"You look sooo desprate," Kris stated when he saw Suho coming into their usual table that evening.

"This is tiring. He didn't want to open to us about his problems," Suho said.

"It must be his parents or his brother," Kris deducted.

"Agree," Xiumin also came early that evening.

"Oh hi!" Suho greeted the oldest of them all.

"Is it Kyung Soo again?" Luhan showed up after Xiumin sat on the dining chair.

"He seems soo annoyed everytime," Suho started the motion.

"Hey guys!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol came and joined them.

"Where's Jongdae?" Xiumin asked.

"Giving autograph for his fans," Chanyeol laughed.

"Yeah, all noonas want him to sing for them," Jongin showed up after he passed by Jongdae.

"Hello guys! At last I'm free!" Jongdae ran inside and placed himself near Kris because every women felt somehow intimidated by Kris's presence.

"Just let me pass through," someone whined from the far and Jongin laughed to see Kyung Soo, surrounded by some girls who squealed at him.

"Excuse me!" a female voice echoed behind the crowd as she putted her wrist on her hip.

Some girls stunned to see Sehun who walked behind Chaerin and gave them space to walk. Sehun dragged Kyung Soo away as the older sighed in relieveness while Chaerin glared at those fangirls.

"You embarassed yourselves!" Chaerin said with high tone to the girls that hissed at her.

"Bold," Kris praised the girl.

"She's good in protecting herself," Yixing laughed.

"You're a boy who trapped in a girl's body!" Kyung Soo stated as he stared at Chaerin.

"Yah! Do I must prove that I'm a normal girl?! I helped you but what did I get?" Chaerin blurted.

"World War III!" Tao cheered as he sat beside Kris with Jongdae.

"Oh please stop it for a while," Baekhyun started to wipe his ears because of the sound's high frequency.

"Ice cream vanilla?" Sehun offered to Chaerin who gasped in shock as everybody stared at her sudden different expression.

"HYAAA! Ice cream! Vanilla! Gimme gimme!" Chaerin ran towards Sehun who gave her a cup of vanilla ice cream.

Kyung Soo laughed out loud to see the child expression until he shed some tears. The others stunned like porcelain doll. Chaerin who felt the sudden silence stared at them and blinked innocently.

"What?" She asked.

"I just know that you have a five years old mentality!" Kyung Soo tried to say between his laugh.

"I just love ice cream...," Chaerin pouted and Suho hit Kyung Soo's head as warning version one.

"Oh no don't cry," Luhan stepped towards her.

"Just eat yours," Sehun suggested and Chaerin started to eat her ice cream.

"Nice!" She squealed like a kid.

Kyung Soo stunned for a while, a sudden memory flashed in his mind.

"Kyung?" Kris called him.

"What's wrong hyung?" Jongin asked Kyung Soo.

"Nothing," Kyung Soo said as he ate his spagheti.

Kyung Soo missed his brother. Yes, he do have his soft side. But since someone in his past hurted him, he closed himself, no, he would never happy again. Never until he laughed that hard that night because of the dumb girl who hail a vanilla flavoured ice cream.

"Are you sick?" Baekhyun started to worry to see Kyung Soo spaced out.

"No I'm fine."

"Should we play something for you?" Chanyeol showed him his guitar.

"That will be nice."

"What song then?" Jongdae who joined them also wanted to sing.

"Billionare?" Kyung Soo suggested.

"Fine then," Chanyeol started to play.

Chaerin shocked to hear that voice again. An overflowing voice beside the good notes from the guitar. She loves the voice since she heard it. Yixing stared suspiciously at Chaerin who stunned at Kyung Soo.

"You have an ice cream here," Suho gave Chaerin a tissue.

"Oh sorry. Thanks," Chaerin became concious as she wiped .

"Good!!" Jongin praised as he hugged Kyung Soo who frowned.

"Oh please don't hug me," Kyung Soo whined.

"I like to hug you because you're cute," Baekhyun said and hugged Kyung Soo too.

"No! I am not cute!"

"Yes you are!" Chanyeol supporting Baekhyun.

"Aish."

Gladly they finished the dinner without any World War III. Suho accompanied Chaerin to go to her room along with Kyung Soo who drowned in his music.

"Bye Chaerin," Suho waved goodbye.

"Thank you oppa! Bye devil!" Chaerin glared at Kyung Soo.

"Bye demon!" Kyung Soo opened his door and went inside as Suho shook his head, dizzy to see those two.

***

Chaerin woke up that morning and brought her violin.

"Hello!" her lecturer, Mr. Jung greeted her cheerfully.

"Hello too sir!"

"Ready for today?"

"Always!" Chaerin putted her violin and putted her books onto the stand.

***

"Kyung Soo! Good morning!" Mr. Lee, his lecturer greeted him lightly.

"Morning sir!"

Kyung Soo did some voice preparation before they went to sing a song. Mr. Lee is such a good teacher and Kyung Soo likes him anyway.

"Your low notes is a little bit shaky in the beginning but I'm sure you can handle it well. Keep practicing," Mr. Lee suggested after 2 hours practice for today.

"Thank you so much for today," Kyung Soo bowed politely.

"Don't be that formal. I'm glad to have you as my student."

Kyung Soo felt some vibration in his pocket and took his phone. His eyes widened to see the message.

"What the heck?!" He cursed and ran outside.

***

Chaerin finished with her class and walked outside the building to the canteen. Suddenly she heard a sob near the male toilet. She felt curious.

"Woah!" She shocked to see a little boy, crying on the corner.

"Hey, don't cry," Chaerin walked towards him.

This little boy looked at her and blinked. He stopped crying so Chaerin sighed in relieve.

"What are you doing here?" Chaerin leaned closer and kneed in front of him.

"I... I am looking for my brother," He answered.

"You can come with me and I'm going to help you find your brother. Don't worry I'm not a kidnapper or what," Chaerin offered as the boy nodded.

Somehow, she felt familiar with the boy's eyes but ignored it. The boy held her hand and they wandered around the park.

***

Kyung Soo ran to all sides of the faculty and surrender. He then walked out to search in the park. He wander around until he stopped at two person who sat on the bench.

"What do your brother look like?" He stopped to hear such a familiar voice but do nothing than approached them from behind.

"He has two big eyes. They look like an owl's eyes. He is pretty and I love him!" Chaerin stunned because a figure of someone flashed in her mind.

"Kyung Jae," a voice from behind made Chaerin shocked.

"Hyung!" The little boy ran and hugged Kyung Soo happily.

"Why don't you say that you came here all by yourself? Mother is worrying about you," Kyung Soo said to his brother softly.

"I want to see you," Kyung Jae sobbed.

"Oh don't cry. I won't mad at you," Kyung Soo hugged his little brother and Chaerin stared intensely to find the different side of the devilish boy.

"Thank you nuna!" Kyung Jae turned to face Chaerin and grinned.

"Same here. So you're Kyung Jae?" Chaerin asked.

"My name is Do Kyung Jae and this is my brother!" Kyung Jae took Chaerin's hand to shook it with Kyung Soo's hand.

"What's your name, nuna?"

"My name is Nam Chaerin! Nice to meet you!"

"Kyung Jae, you need to have lunch. It's getting noon," Kyung Soo suggested.

"Yeah hyung, I'm starving!"

"Let's go eat at the canteen then," Kyung Soo held Kyung Jae's hand and wanted to walk away.

"Wait! Nuna must come with us!" Kyung Jae insisted.

"May I?" Chaerin looked at Kyung Jae and then Kyung Soo who just stared flatly at her.

Kyung Soo nodded and Kyung Jae happily took Chaerin's hand as they walked together to the canteen.

"Is that Kyung Soo?!" Jongdae's words made they all stopped from what they did when Chaerin and the others entered the canteen.

"Is that Kyung Jae? Kyung Soo's little brother?" Suho asked as Kris nodded.

"Kyung Jae!" Jongin happily called the little boy.

"Jongin hyung!" Kyung Jae and greeted them politely.

"Hello Kyung Jae!" Xiumin smiled as Kyung Jae hugged him.

Chaerin smiled to see Kyung Jae was great with everyone even to Sehun whom he just met when Luhan introduced him over.

"Sehun hyung? What's that on your back?" Kyung Jae asked.

"This is a violin," Sehun answered.

"Kyung Jae, let's choose the menu okay?" Kyung Soo said.

"Okay hyung!"

They both walked around the stalls.

"This is amazing!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"He even said a profanity or a bad word!" Chanyeol happily clapped.

"Let's have Kyung Jae eat with us!" Tao happy to see the child.

Chaerin shocked to see Kyung Soo who just stayed silent all the time. But he smiled at Kyung Jae everytime the little boy told him and the others stories.

"He unsually quiet today," Yixing said to Chaerin.

"Good for him," Chaerin replied but she thought that it's strange.

She knew that Kyung Soo loves his brother so much.

"I will walk you home okay?" Kyung Soo softly said to Kyung Jae after they finished with the lunch.

"May I go to the bookstore first hyung?"

"Oh is there anything you want to buy?"

"A new story book!"

"Okay we'll go then," Kyung Soo smiled and ruffled his hair as Baekhyun 'awe'd the scene along with the others.

"Nuna!"

Chaerin stopped eating and turned to see Kyung Jae grinned at her.

"Yeah?"

"Come with us!"

"Why just her?" Jongdae pouted.

"I like her! She's my angel," Kyung Jae clinged at Chaerin's arm.

Suho was glad to see Kyung Soo stayed silent and Kris obviously almost laughed.

"Ehem," Chanyeol smirked at Kyung Soo who just hissed.

"Happy dating!" Jongin whispered at Kyung Soo's ear and earned a smack to his waist.

"I'm trying to be cool in front of my brother," he hissed.

"What you did is good, hyung," Sehun said as he smiled.

"Thanks, Sehun."

"Let's go!" Kyung Jae pulled Chaerin and Kyung Soo.

They both glared at each other and smiled when Kyung Jae looked at them. All the boys laughed when they left.

"He's so knocked down by Kyung Jae!!" Jongdae laughed out loud along with the others.

"At least he didn't talk any bad words today," Xiumin added everyone nodded.

"But it's awkward," Sehun concluded and they realized it.

"Really," Yixing added.

"Hope they went well without any fight," Kris said as the others nodded and continued to eat.