Nouveau

The Singing Violin

"Are you sure?" a woman said to her second daughter.

"I'm 100% sure, mom."

"Don't cry and don't even come home until you success!" Another rough voice heard from a mouth of an old man.

"I won't, father."

"No! Please let her come home," the woman begged to his husband.

"It's fine," the daughter said as she brought her luggage towards the entrance door.

-Nouveau-

Caprice no. 24 echoed in the silent room. A petitè girl who lay on the bed moved a little, trying to absorb the alarm.

"Oh God," She finally surrendered and turned off the alarm.

She brushed her teeth and walked to the bathroom. Cold shower always makes her awake. Here she was, after arguing non stop and worked extra hard to increase the level. At last, she got what she wanted, a scholarship to one of the most prestigious music academy. A dormitory room is her new home and pieces are her 'meal'. She was quiet famous because she never take any intense course of being a violinist. But at the end she proved that she had the same level as the others in the test.

Oh, enough with the boring introduction. Let's get to the point when she got some anaphylactic shock after his first class. She understood but slowly learn. She's smart but her brain isn't working well sometimes.

"Need to repeat this and that," She murmured as she flipped the papers along the way to the library.

Suddenly she stopped when she saw the entrance door of her faculty. It seemed great to go outside and had a fresh air. She looked at the lights and started to move her feet. The breeze greeted her and she had some goosebumps after went outside.

"Such a nice air!" She cheered and walked along the path.

Ting!

She stopped and looked around. A piano note made her stepped unconciously back to her faculty.

"A nice piece from Debussy," She murmured as she looked at the practice room one by one to find the player.

She tiptoed and peeked inside when she was sure about the room. A man in front of the piano made her stunned for a while. Peaceful atmosphere shined from the man and Oh, he has dimples. Suddenly he stopped playing and looked at the door glass. She ducked down and ran because of the sudden reaction.

"Who is she?" the man murmured.

"Woah," She remembered the charms of the graceful piano man.

She remembered her plan to go back to the garden so she walked outside again. Some students who played their own instrument started to fill the silence. Clarinet, flute, oboe, cello. Oh how much she loves the sound.

Ave Maria...

"Whose voice is that?" She shocked and looked around just to find that no one actually heard the voice.

She stared at the performer faculty. She had never been there. A faculty full of dancer, singer, actresses and actors.

"Hemm...," She decided to open the door and walked inside.

A different atmosphere greeted her as she explored the corridors and searched for the singer. The song still lingering in her ears and it made her feet moved along the intuition.

She stopped in front of a practice room, the source of the melancholy voice.

Klek

The door opened and they both stared at each other. She was greeted by an owl eyed boy who stared intensely at her.

"Who are you?" the man asked in annoying tone.

"Huh?" she was loading the question and tried to say some reasonable thought.

"I asked, who are you?"

"I... I'm just passing by," She quickly left and annoyed because of the tone.

"Weird," she stopped when the man blurted out that word.

Okay, she misjudged the voice owner.

"Fine," She murmured and ran back to her faculty, deciding to continue her study.

"Chaerin," a voice echoed as the girl turned around.

"Sehun!"

"How are you?" Sehun asked nicely as he brought his violin along.

"Fine. We just met yesterday and don't be that formal," she amazed at the height and calm manner of her new friend (a new student too).

"Where are you going?"

"Library. Wanna come along?"

"I want too."

They both walked to library and discussed some new things. Chaerin felt grateful to find a friend like Sehun. He didn't complain much and flat all the time. But somehow she can recognize the emotion.

"Do you want to go home?" Chaerin asked Sehun who just nodded.

"Let's go back to the dorm," she stood up.

"Sehun!" a voice made the called one looked at the other side of the faculty.

"Hello, hyung," Sehun greeted.

"You look great with violin!" The man said cheefully.

Chaerin shocked to see a red rone from Sehun's cheeks.

"Who is this anyway?"

"This is my friend, new student too. Nam Chaerin," Sehun introduced Chaerin.

"Xi Luhan here! Nice to meet you!" Luhan shook Chaerin's hand.

"Deer?" Chaerin asked.

"Oh you understand chinese?"

"Little bit. Your korean is good," Chaerin commented.

"Thank you. Oh I need to go now. Bye then!" Luhan waved and said goodbye in chinese to Chaerin.

"Bye Sehun!" Chaerin said after they went into the lobby.

Sehun's room is on the 4th floor and Chaerin got 2nd floor. The dorm isn't that strict so student are free to choose their own room.

Chaerin putted the key to unlock the door when someone beside her room opened the door from the inside. She felt curious so she turned her head towards the other door.

They both stunned for a while until they realized something.

"The singing boy!"

"The stalker girl!"

"I'm not a stalker," Chaerin defended herself.

"Then what did you do?"

"Just passing by. I'm not lying."

"Oh how I misjudged the graceful face of yours," Chaerin blurted out and she quickly closed for those harsh words.

"Oh how I used to think that you're cute. Such an annoying girl."

"You are the one who annoy me the most. And thanks for that cute word!" Chaerin regreted to talk and went inside.

"Weird!" Kyung Soo shouted.

"What's wrong Kyung Soo?" Another man showed up from the opposite room.

"There's some strange girl who stalk me," Kyung Soo said.

"A fans."

"Let's just go have dinner," Kyung Soo walked away.

"Hey wait for your hyung!"

Kyung Soo rolled his eyes at his hyung, Suho.

Suho ran to catch up with Kyung Soo and they walked to have dinner in the dining room specially made for the student.

"Hey!" The boy with puppy face greeted them.

"Baekhyun hyung!" Kyung Soo protested when Baekhyun hugged him.

"Kyung Soo changed soo much!" a gigantic man blurted out.

"I'm not," Kyung Soo said to Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol! Don't eat that much!" A chubby boy said to a gigantic hyperactive boy who brought two dishes of mash potato.

"Let him eat, Xiumin hyung," a graceful faced boy said.

"I'm just annoyed with the girl next door," Kyung Soo snapped.

"Is she pretty?" Jongin, major in performer faculty as the dancer asked.

"Yes. But not after you know her."

***

Chaerin almost choked when she ate her dinner. Some people said that if there's someone who talks about you, you can choke when eating.

"It must be that devilish boy."