Chapter 1

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe's POV

The blazing ray of sunshine disturbed my eyes. The sound of car honking woke me up. I raised my head, looked around beyond my desk. People were still busy picking up their phones, listened to their earphones while typing in speed of light. The graphic designers were laughing at stupid things as always. Here I am. In Elle Korea, waiting for my editor's approval. I'm a freelance pop culture writer now. I wrote about movies, music and art events occasionally. I didn't know that I would become a writer once I graduated from high school, I just took a study that wasn't physically demanding. I didn't know that I will really enjoy it. Weaving words after words allow my thoughts to escaped my head.

"Byunghun-ah", my editor finally finished her meeting with our editor in chief. She posed her arm on her waist and sighed.
"We're gonna change the topic, so you need to rewrite all your materials", she smiled at me.
"What?", I gasped.
"I already defended you in that meeting, saying that this was the approved material before, and changing it after the deadline is just ridiculous, but you know our editor in chief", said GaIn-noona, sneered at the room next to us.
"But you paid me for that. I can't write another one, that's beyond our deal", I said.
"No. You're paid for an approved, printed article", she said.
"", I quietly swore.
"If we used your old writing for the next issue, we'll pay for it", she said.
"But that's not it~!", I kept defending myself.

"Our magazine will up for printing next Friday, you should finish it by Monday", said GaIn-noona, cut my words short.
"Noona... that's impossible!", I said. Today is Friday, and Monday is just two days from now.
"It's not impossible, just this time only, sacrifice your weekends", she rubbed my shoulder.
"Aish. You guys are irritating, really~!", I slammed my notebooks and turned my body back to the computer.
"I'll be there if you need me, okay", GaIn-noona sighed once again and walked towards her own desk, which situated in front of me. She was a cool sunbae in my office, close with all her writers and such. That's why I could call her noona, but sometimes she's just down right nuts. Fashion magazine is a hell of a place, the story about there's where all cruel people lodged is true. I should finish this new writing, otherwise I won't get paid.

So now I should done my research about local art scene instead satisfied myself with the essay about Luis Bunuel that GaIn-noona really liked before. I thought about it myself; this essay was so not Elle-like, but GaIn-noona really liked it and even made our Editor In Chief convinced too, but I guess they finally decided that it was indeed not for Elle. I knew couple of friends who are prominent artists in Seoul, so I gave them call endlessly and finally I found one interesting art event that will held up tomorrow. God, I'm just one lucky guy.

"Cool. Our Editor In Chief likes it. Byunghun-ah, we're so lucky to have you here", said GaIn-noona after got my new materials approved.
"Great, I can go home now", I said, put all my notebooks to my bag.
GaIn-noona chuckled; "You really not considering to become a permanent writer here?"
"No. Haha, not in Elle", I smiled.
"I know how is it like here, I understand you", she laughed and took his car key.
"Noona, why are you still here, though?", I asked her.
She stopped and turned her back to me.
"I believe in this magazine", she smiled. "Don't forget to turned off the lights, Byunghun-ah...", she then waved her hand and walked down the stairs.

I looked to my watch. 6 PM. I was about to went out the building when rain welcomed me. I closed my eyes. I hate when it's raining, but I love its sound, that's weird isn't it. Maybe it reminded me of something?. Ah, of course it is... August 16th is tomorrow. I picked up my umbrella and started to run. The cold air sneaked into my skin. I couldn't take it, I should slow down. Yes, Byunghun, slow down, slow down, you should take things easily... I managed my breath and finally reached my favorite flower shop.

"Byunghun-ah, you're here", Dongwoo-hyung welcomed me.
"Hi, hyung... you're about to close aren't you?", I peeped inside his store.
"Yeah, but I held it all up, waiting for you, here's your hydrangeas", Dongwoo-hyung handed me one bouquet of purple hydrangeas and I looked into them. Beautiful as always.
"The usual card is already attached too", Dongwoo-hyung showed me the clean white card board.
"Yes, it's perfect", I smiled at him.
"Send it to the usual address?", he asked.
"Of course", I gave him the money.
"Alright, I promise you that they'll arrived safely at Daniel's house", Dongwoo-hyung smiled mischievously at me.
"Thanks hyung", I said.
"Byunghun-ah, it's 5 years already... you have to find someone else for these flowers", he said.
I giggled. "No, hyung, like what that card say... I couldn't forget him. I wish I could, but...", I sighed and looked to the sky. Through my transparent umbrella I watched the rain dropped one by one.
Dongwoo-hyung smiled and squeezed my shoulder; "Yah don't cry", he said gently.
"Alright then hyung, bye bye", I waved as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter