Chapter 27

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Niel's POV

"Nielie, come back safely"

"Daniel, we have arrived in our hotel", Jonghyun shook me forcefully.
"Ah...", I opened my eyes. It's still early in the morning here in Paris. In the end, I took Jonghyun to attend Soojoo's wedding. I really don't want to leave Byunghun-hyung alone though it's only two days... Aish. I already missed his cute pout and puppy eyes. He told me to come back safely as he pulled my hand and kissed me on the cheek. How sweet is that. After all this time, he's still a kid that tries hard to show me his affection. That shy smile after he kissed me... haha. Chicken-hyung, I'll come back safely.

His condition was quite good these past few days. His stem cells medication really worked, he told me that. With blushed cheeks and pink nails, at least I could leave him for Paris slightly relieved. I put down my baggages as Jonghyun paid our taxi driver with his broken French.
"When did you learn that?", I chuckled.
"I just learned it from the tour guide book on the airport", he said confidently. I just rolled my eyes upon his answer. We finally arrived in our room, it was a 3 stars hotel near downtown. Soojoo booked it for us. It was only 5 minutes walk from the church where her wedding will be held.

"Aahhh finally....", I dropped myself on the bed.
Jonghyun walked to the window and opened the thin curtain. It revealed the beautiful Paris in autumn.
"Whoa... is that Eiffel?", I pointed out a small upright line in the distance.
"Yeah it is. Whoa, Soojoo really pampered us", Jonghyun said, equally amazed.
"Ah. If only Byunghun-hyung was here...", I sighed and went back to my bed.
"I hope Hayi was here too", Jonghyun chuckled.
"I'll take Byunghun-hyung here someday. He needs to see this beautiful city... and we'll walk through the alleys as the night fall... to those canals and bridges... we'll be holding hands. And he will snuggle to me since the weather will become colder in the night", I closed my eyes and those pictures perfectly played in my mind.

"Then you will put on your coat to him?", Jonghyun chuckled.
"Hahaha I did that before. Maybe I'll piggyback him~! ah, it's too tiring tho", I laughed at my own idea.
"Byunghun-hyung is tiny. It doesn't require much energy to lift him", said Jonghyun while checking out his mobile. He was like that even before we took off. He was totally in early stage of dating with Hayi. They texted nonstop. Something that somehow I envied, especially now. I took my mobile and looked at my chat with Byunghun-hyung. He didn't reply my text just yet. We were talking about the latest drama in tv, but he left me hanging after I sent him "don't forget to take your medicine" message. That chicken... did he know that it worried me a lot if he didn't reply me like this...

Ahhh I can't take this. I the wifi and called him via skype. I look at the clock on the wall. It's 10AM. It's already 6PM there. What is he doing right now... watching drama on tv? For a guy with a weird taste like him, I don't know why he still watch those cliche dramas. He told me once, because the films that he loved already told the truth like it is, it was good to watch dramas for balance it out. Sometimes we need beautiful dreams to forget how ugly this world is.

Byunghun-hyung... pick up my call... I tapped my foot intensely.

We're already dating for about 6 months now. And given the time we've spent together in highschool... sometimes I still can't figure out what happened inside his head. Not that I couldn't understand him. Probably I'm not sure how to act, I'm afraid of hurting his feelings. Because he would still put a smile on me though he fell apart inside. I don't like that. I want him to rest his tired soul and depend on me. Hyung, you're not alone anymore. I'm here for you. Please, pick up~!

"Niel?", finally a sleepy voice answered me.
"Hyung, do a video call with mee", I begged as I rolled myself to the bed.
"Ng... I don't really look good right now", he chuckled.
"What is that excuse? Like we never spent times together", I laughed.
"Mm... wait", he his cam.
And there he is, the chicken hyung that busy tidied up his hair.
"Honey-ya... Look here", I took the phone toward the window.
"Ah... beautiful", he gasped in amazement.

"If you look closely you can see the Eiffel!. Jonghyun-ah, say hi to Byunghun-hyung", I turned the camera to Jonghyun. He just waved casually while still talking with Hayi.
"Jonghyun is busy", Byunghun-hyung chuckled.
"Yeah. He's been talking with Hayi all day long. I hate it", I whispered as Jonghyun walked out the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter