Chapter 15

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe's POV

I opened my eyes. I reached the creamy hair that lied next to me... My fingers reached out to the blurry vision that slowly became clear. I touched it. That soft and gentle hair... I sighed in relieve. I'm still here, beside him. He was real.

"Niel...", I called the name softly.
He turned his back on me and grumbled. I sat up straight and rubbed my eyes. He was still sleeping with his pouting lips.
"Niel Niel Niel", I shook him vigorously, poked him and even sat on him.
"Yah! cut it off!", he finally snapped and jumped out of the bed, still with pillow in his hand he looked at me.
"Tsk... just let me sleep more okay?", he frowned and messed his hair, threw himself back to the bed.
I just sat there and looked at his face. Niel, maybe I'm annoying but... I'm just so happy that God still give me one more day to wake up beside you...

I looked at the clock on bed side table. It's 8 in the morning. Niel had a long rehearsal last night, he went back home at 1 AM. I was asleep on the couch, waiting for him. Of course he didn't like that, he scolded me to never wait for him anymore. But what could I do... I couldn't sleep if he wasn't by my side. How I want to tell him that, but I will look too mushy, won't I?.

After gathering my energy, I got off the bed and called the receptionist for my delivered breakfast. I opened the lunch box lid and I saw a green spaghetti in it. I dove my fork to taste it. Ew, tasted so bland. When did the last time I eat something with flavor, really? isn't this the reason why I couldn't gain weight? is this really healthy? it ruined my appetite~!. I eat it slowly on the kitchen table while watching Niel sleeping.

Huh, he promised me to go to the movie today, why is he so lethargic like that... will our plan got canceled again. Aaah, so annoying~!. I rest my head on the table and close my eyes. It's almost winter, it got very chilly. I pulled my sweater sleeves until they covered my hands completely. Niel, I just want to go to the movie. Just once. Just this once. I never had a date whole my life, you know. You're the first and only one. I lift my hand and let the sleeves pulled down by itself. I still remember that time when he didn't even want to hold my hand in front of his friends. Is it still awkward for him... am I such an embarrassment?. Hummm... I understand... I understand... the society isn't too open about this kind of relationship just yet. Maybe Niel just unconsciously doing that, conformity... not that he hates me, right?

To experience love beyond physical matters...

Ah, is that possible.

I took another glance to the bed room which door was bit opened.

He's still sleeping like a baby. Those lips.
I closed my eyes slowly. I always wonder how does it feel like to have them locked with mine.

"Hyung", a tap in my shoulder shocked me.
"N-Niel...", I gasped and looked at his face quite embarrassed.
"Why? if you're still sleepy, you should sleep more", he chuckled.
"Got any rehearsal today?", I raised my head from the table.
"No... aren't we gonna watch a movie today?", Niel sat in front of me and looked confused.
"Y-Yes! I thought you forgot about it", I smiled.
"How could I forget? you nagged about it all week, hyung...", said Niel full with annoyance.
"But you want to go to the movie too~!", I protested.

He sighed heavily; "Of course I want to go to watch The Transformers. I. JUST. CAN'T. WAIT", he grinned at me, funnily put a cover on an obvious sarcasm.
"I don't want to watch Transformers at the first place", I took another bit of my spaghetti while Niel was busy eating his ramyeon.
"I don't want to watch Star's Fault either", he said, still slurping over his ramyeon. He has no time to remember titles or names.
"Let's just go to the European film festival then!", I said, remember the event that my friends just shared on their Twitter.
"No. Aish~! Definitely hate European films. Watch Transformers or we don't watch anything today", he threatened me.
"Ugh~! then could you be happier about it a bit?", I exclaimed in frustation.

He just looked at me for a moment and finally giggled.
"Of course I'm happy, hyung... ayy... I should be the one who've said it. What's with that question earlier about me forgetting that today we will have a date, huh?", Niel ruffled my hair. I just frowned and looked down. He played me again.
"You're alright, aren't you? since you waited for me last night... overslept on the couch...", Niel continued as he inspected my hand. It was bit cold, but I could take it... I should be healthy for today!
"I'm fine", I smiled. Niel looked at my pale fingers and put it back inside the sleeves he then sighed and looked into my eyes; "I'll change my clothes then", he said.

I nodded lightly and back with my breakfast. We finally went to the movie at 12 PM, watching the first schedule. The wind was really powerful outside. Niel rounded his arm on me on the way inside the theater, really scared that the wind would cause me cold. I rubbed my hands continuously inside the theater, it was dark so Niel wouldn't see that I was actually struggled with the cold air. Even though it was relatively warm inside but I still found my fingers slowly numbed and my sight was getting hazy. The movie wasn't helping either.

Transformers was indeed boring, some actions scenes were quite nice, Niel talked to me closely at couple times. I still couldn't erase the thought of kissing every time I saw his lips shone by the screen in front of us. He held my hand once. He looked at me worriedly. It must be quite cold. I gulped several times so I won't cough. I have to survive through this. Through this painful movie..... God, why did Niel insist to watch this instead? did he just avoid the potential romantic moments with me if only we watched The Fault in Our Stars?.

“Hyung, come here”, Niel waved a book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter