Chapter 3

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun yawned and stretched his arms to the air, he uncovered himself from the sheets and opened the window beside his bed. He looked up to the sky, and the sunshine overwhelmed him. His head was spinning. The last night's train ride might be the cause. He stood up against the harsh aircon's air above for couple minutes before Daniel gave him the seat...

Wait, Daniel...
Suddenly his sight was clear, his head was back to this world for a moment. He messed his hair and lied back to the bed. He watched the wall in front of him, beyond that wall... there was Daniel. With Soojoo... Byunghun turned his body aside. He closed his eyes and asked God above again after this long while. Why... why Daniel...

As much as he fancied an accidental meeting with him somewhere, he also condemned this fate of having Daniel lived next to his room. He just want to forget Daniel. Why did God play with him like that... or is it destiny. Ah, are they destined to be?. Byunghun blushed by his own thoughts.

"It can't be... no no... Soojoo is still with him. I won't stand a chance. I'm a guy... he's a guy", Byunghun mumbled, tightly closed his eyes.

"Yah, we agreed on split everything between us..."
Byunghun heard a faint shout from the next room. It was a cheap apartment, the wall was thin. It was Daniel's. He recognized that high voice. Everyone who had already meet Daniel could easily distinct his voice.

"Yeah, but you paid for our lunch yesterday anyway, now I paid for our pizza breakfast... take this as a payback. Easy, right?", a much calmer but commanding woman voice came after. It was Soojoo.
"Aish. Alright. But don't pay anything again from now on", Daniel raised his voice.
"Fine... Why should you make fuss out of trivial things like this?", Soojoo kept talk back to him.
"I've told you. I don't like if you paid my bill! that's why", Daniel said in annoyance.

Soojoo took the first bite out of their pizza, ignoring Daniel away.
"Tsk", Daniel slammed the coffee cup and hurried to the door, he opened it and went outside.
"Don't forget to buy some soaps", Soojoo yelled casually from inside.

Despite his headache, Byunghun could pay full attention to their quarrel as he sticked his ears to the wall now. So their relationship wasn't as lovey dovey as they were in high school, Byunghun thought. Did Daniel have dominance issue?, he further thought. Since Byunghun worked a lot with lifestyle magazines and it was basically his world, he knew that Soojoo is a famous model now. The fact that Daniel is still with Soojoo was actually quite surprising for him. While he wondered about them two, his mobile was vibrating. He saw the number at the monitor. It was GaIn.

Damn, it's Sunday..., Byunghun thought. He sighed and how he hoped that the vibration will stopped by itself. But it wasn't.
"Hm?", Byunghun picked up his phone lazily.
"Yah, why don't you reply my email?", she yelled.
"Tsk... noona come on... I haven't finish your crazy rewrite mission, how could I even think about next issue's article?", pleaded Byunghun.
"But we already held a meeting about November issue. You should progressed as we all progressed", said GaIn.
"Ah! too annoying. I don't want to write for your November issue!", Byunghun yelled, rested himself back to the bed.
"YAH!!! YOU PROMISED ME TWO ARTICLES!!", GaIn yelled full with force.
"Find another writer... I don't care. Don't ever hire me again", said Byunghun, rubbed his forehead. His headache was getting worse.
"Byunghun-ah... be reasonable...", GaIn soften her voice.

Byunghun chuckled. He understood completely that GaIn really loves his writing. So despite all his bad behavior that always displayed in front of her, GaIn still always wanted him.
"What November issue is all about?", asked Byunghun.
"Vanity", said GaIn in a lot more brighter tone.
"How boring", replied Byunghun short.
"Do you have any idea?", GaIn sighed, back into gloom.
Byunghun wondered around his apartment room, to the wall in front of him...

"How if I could get Park Soojoo exclusive interview? how much you'd pay me?", Byunghun asked mischievously. GaIn laughed in disbelieve. Then they made a bet if Byunghun could interviewed Soojoo without Elle pay anything, then GaIn would doubled up Byunghun's fees, for this article, and any other ones in the future. Not a bad deal, Byunghun thought. He drown in his coughs again, pulling som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter