Chapter 9

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can show you the woooorld... shining shimmering spleeendiiid", Daniel danced around while drying his hair with a towel. It has finally been two weeks they moved in together. Now they're totally comfortable with each other.
"What are you doing, really? what's with your current addiction to Disney songs?", Byunghun chuckled as he watched his dongsaeng from their comfy couch in the living room.
"Because... I took musical study this last semester", said Daniel as he put a glass of milk in front of Byunghun and sat beside him.
"Really?", Byunghun's eyes widened.
"Yeah! A whole new wooooorld...", Daniel sang passionately.
"A dazzling place I never kneeew", Byunghun continued just to make them two burst into laugh.

"Yah, hyung, you really have no sense for pitch", Niel laughed hard while holding his tummy.
"Heol. That's why I'm a writer, not a singer~!", Byunghun giggled.
"Ah! anyway, I also decided to take another class this semester...", Niel took his laptop from the bookshelf beside them.
"Jajjaaang... scriptwriting~!", Daniel excitedly show an empty Word document.
"What?", Byunghun chuckled as he saw nothing in it.
"Tsk. I should make a short story for my first assignment... how should I do this", Daniel whined.
"You should find an idea first", said Byunghun.
"Of course! but I'm so lack of it", said Daniel.
"You can't be lack of ideas, you just second guess every each of them", Byunghun smiled.

Daniel took a glance on his hyung; "Hehe... you're right. Hmmm.....", Daniel looked up to the ceiling to find an inspiration, but nothing came.
"Aish. It's hard. Hyung, how could you be a writer...?", Daniel rested his head on the couch.
"To be honest, I don't have the confidence at first. Well, actually I quite didn't know what I want to be once I graduated from high school", Byunghun smiled.
"Eh?? really? then how could you decide that you want to be a writer?", Daniel asked curiously.
"Back in 12th grade I also had my scriptwriting assignment for Literature subject... my teacher hated my writings, I was quite down that time, since I really grew fond of it as I wrote it little by little. And I love movie, right... how could I do it wrong, I thought. Then, you saw it accidentally in our movie club...", Byunghun tilted his head, hoped Daniel would remember something.
"Ah. I know I know. That script was about an accidental meeting between two strangers. I said it was amazing, right?", said Daniel.

"No, you didn't say that~!. You said 'whoa, this story is so you, hyung'. It's not 'whoa it's awesome' not even 'I really like it'. They would sound fake, but instead you sincerely said it was 'so me'. After I had a bad review from my teacher and second guessing myself, to heard you said that to me, I felt like I found myself again...", said Byunghun as he smiled to the ground.
"I don't really remember what I said, but I do remember it was a great story", Daniel giggled.
"Yeah... then I decided to give literature major a try, since it was also not physically demanding. Later I found that your words always coming back to me every time I faced with tough reviews. I thought, even they hated it, I won't forget to stay true to myself... I realized how words could really affect people... no matter how simple and trivial it was... I wanted to affect people too... with all sort of emotions... through my writings", Byunghun continued.

Daniel just stared at his hyung, lost for words.
"You think I'm weird, huh?", Byunghun chuckled.
"No no, hyung... I just... It's funny how words that I didn't quite remember really pushed you that far", said Daniel, sat straightly to won his hyung's eye contact. Byunghun looked down as usual, didn't want to stare at Daniel's pretty eyes for too long.

"Tell me how to affect people through writing too, hyung", said Daniel, back with his laptop.
"Hmmm... for stories, you need to have a very interesting opening lines", said Byunghun.
"Alright... how about... once upon a time", Daniel started to type.
"Yah, that's bit...", Byunghun laughed.
"Once upon a time~! there lived a boy. A very young boy. A kid, he was like 10 or so, I didn't know... He was weak, he had a disease and couldn't stand cold at all. He couldn't do physically demanding activities as well. His name was Heoni", Daniel kept typing.
"Heoni? like, my name? heoni? hunnie? hunny?", Byunghun giggled.
"Aish. Fine. It's HONEY. In English", said Daniel.
"Hahahaha... what's that", Byunghun peeped to Daniel's monitor.

"Then, one day, by the end of summer, he moved out into his big family house in the mountain. Since the air was clearer there, his condition would theoretically improved", Daniel continued his so called story.
"Ah... nice idea. Maybe I should move to the mountain", said Byunghun.
"Of course you have. Honey sleeeept aaaalll day, he was lazy, he never cooked his own meal and washed his own dishes"
Byunghun couldn't take it anymore and he laughed out loud. Daniel just giggled saw his hyung drowned into laughter.
"Honey was sick, really sick. He was too weak to do all those stuffs", Byunghun added.
"Yah! there's nothing hard about washing dishes. It's just one bowl anyway. And a pair of chopstick and a spoon~!", Daniel protested.

"But he was really sick~!", Byunghun half yelled.
"Tsk. Okay. Honey was sooo sick. He had a very rare disease called Chronological Anemia", Daniel typed again.
"It's Cryodyserythropoietic Anemia", Byunghun corrected him.
"Heol. What's that... is that your disease? Honey isn't you, hyung... don't be so self conscious", Daniel scoffed.
"Who then?!", Byunghun chuckled.
"One day.. Honey was lying on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter