Chapter 4

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure you don't want to go somewhere else?", Soojoo held up her knee-length dress so it wouldn't blown by the wind.
"I'm bit lethargic by now", Byunghun chuckled, pulled a chair in front of Soojoo.
Here they are on their apartment rooftop. A cozy interview it should be, but it seemed like summer storm was about to come.
"Alright, before this wind swept us all, let's chat", Soojoo leaned forward and put on a big smile.
"Where's Niel?", asked Byunghun innocently.
"He has rehearsal with his group as usual", answered Soojoo.
"Oh I see", Byunghun unknowingly wondered to the entrance door. Secretly hoping for Niel's presence. Soojoo smiled about how obvious Byunghun was.

"I think this interview is about me?", asked Soojoo, brought back Byunghun's attention.
"Uh, yeah of course, but you two had been together for quite a long time", said Byunghun.
"Yeah, even now that we're not lovers again", said Soojoo.
"What?", Byunghun squealed. A weird mixture of surprise and a slight of hope caught in his throat.
"We broke up a year ago", Soojoo narrowed her eyes mischievously. "But every time I went back to Korea, I'm still looking for his presence. Not in deeper sense though, if you know what I mean", Soojoo continued in her usual carefree attitude.
"So it's all platonic and such?", asked Byunghun further.
Soojoo chuckled; "Will you put this in your article? I don't really like the idea of having my personal details printed somewhere"

Byunghun smiled to the ground.
"No, Soojoo-ya... I just want this interview went smooth and natural", said Byunghun.
"We're the most natural when we talked about our hobbies though, it's a pretty decent topic for an article, huh", said Soojoo.
"Um, yeah. But what we would talk about probably too hard to understand for common people. It's Elle after all, not Dazed And Confused", said Byunghun.
"Well then, I don't see how this interview will be interesting", Soojoo jokingly said.

"Boring question; 'How did you get scouted?'", asked Byunghun.
"This is so awkward~!. Okay, it was when I went to shopping in a vintage store one day... I already answered this questions many times before...", Soojoo laughed.
Then the half of interview went on with them two talking about fashion world, about Chanel exclusive, talking with Karl Lagerfeld, sharing room with other girls, favorite piece of clothing in her wardrobe, and other superficial stuffs.

"What fashion world did to you that you think you won't get anywhere else?", asked Byunghun.
"What fashion world did to me... oh... it's bit", Soojoo drank her beer and looked up to the sky.
She then sighed. "They me", she bitterly smiled. Maybe it was the alcohol.

" you?", Byunghun chuckled at her oblivious answer.
"Quite literally. Well, not quite, they indeed me", Soojoo put back the empty beer bottle to the ground.
"What do you mean?", a smile in Byunghun's face was all disappeared.
"There was this famous photographer... yah, oppa, promise me you won't put this to an article or tell it to anyone...", said Soojoo, opened yet another bottle.
"I won't", replied Byunghun.
"My agent sent me on a shoot with this photographer, I knew it would be a , wild, careless attitude shot whatsoever. Then this photographer, let's called him Mr. R, he said 'lay down, I'll be on your top, taking pictures of you' this photographer has a bad, bad, reputation so I said no to him. But he forced me down you know, and it... happened... while everyone else just watching us", Soojoo held back all her tears while Byunghun just looked at her didn't quite know what to do.
"I told this to my agent and she just sighed and told me 'Of course we would help you to sue him, but it's down to your choice, whether you want an opportunity or a dignity. Dignity didn't buy you a career, though', she said. I was so angry, I went up to all clubs in NY that night. Get all wasted and . I arrived in that ing city to be a great model, and I should just take all the piss like any other girl does. So yeah, next time I knew I was in Vogue's main fashion spread. And woosh... my career just took off like that, I felt like I'm winning the world that time, I decided to forget that the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter