Chapter 12 (part two)

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Daniel looked at his hyung who stick his eyes to the outside. Daniel sighed and pushed the gas deeper. He took the highway and drove aimlessly. After couple miles, the weather became darker, the sky grumbled and intensified their situation.

Daniel cleared his throat and the radio. Byunghun slightly took a glance at Daniel's hand. Every single move felt like a heave now.
"I got a role~"
"Have you wash the~"
Both of them talked at the same time. Leaving an awkward pause.

"You first", said Daniel.
"Your turtleneck... have you launder it yourself?", asked Byunghun in hurry while still watched the road outside.
"Yeah. I did it after you left with the cab", Daniel answered.
"Is that so...", Byunghun snorted. He still had plenty of tears left to drop.
"I'll pick it tomorrow, you could we..ar... it a..gain...", Daniel's words chopped as he noticed that his hyung was wiping his tears continuously.
"Hyung...", Daniel called Byunghun softly.

And the rain fell hard. So did Byunghun's tears.
"Hyung... I just surprised to see Soojoo~", Daniel tried to explain.
"No... I understand... I don't know why am I crying right now. I'm just a fool", Byunghun bit his little lips, his eyes were still faithful to the outside scenery that completely hazy now.
Daniel clenched his fist on the steering wheel, upset about himself. He hummed the song on the radio to ease his emotion. He wanted to comfort Byunghun but he felt like he couldn't reach him right now.

Byunghun still sniveled as his body slowly shivered. He folded up his legs and put his hands inside his sleeves, knotted them close to his chest. His short breaths caught between his tears. Daniel looked at his hyung worriedly. He looked around to warmed his hyung up. But only a thin layer of sweatshirt that he wore now. He left his coat in his car before.
"Hyung, wear this", Daniel pulled over and took off his navy sweatshirt, just left him with a T-shirt on.
"Ng? b-but you will get cold~", said Byunghun with his trembled lips.
"Aish. Don't worry about me~! this car's heating does me fine", Daniel forced his sweatshirt into Byunghun's head. Byunghun had no choice but to wear it over his mustard sweater. He coughed and drowned his face into his folded legs.

"Why is there no rest area around here? we could enter a cafe or something", Daniel's eyes wondered outside.
"It's alright, just drive. I love the rain sound", Byunghun whispered, looked at Daniel unsurely.
"Hyung... you want to die?. Because I really don't, your mom would kill me!", said Daniel, and Byunghun finally laughed.
"Ah, I should write a will now... telling her not to kill you, I think that's enough", Byunghun chuckled.
"Yah! don't say that!", Daniel exclaimed and started the engine again.
"I love driving like this, just going nowhere", said Byunghun.
"Yeah? I like it too... but not in a weather like this, not with your condition. Now I regret my decision, we could just go back to our apartment", Daniel looked at his hyung that still struggled with his breath. His trembling lips had turned white now.

"Niel, so I can wear your turtleneck again?", asked Byunghun to divert Daniel's attention.
"Yeah. Tomorrow. I'll pick it up for you if you want to wear it. Well, actually... you can have it...", Daniel smiled.
"Really??", said Byunghun before he coughed again.
"Hyung... I think we should really stop somewhe~"
"Did Honey ever cry in front of Dani before?!", Byunghun cut Daniel's words.
"What?"
"Honey hates to look weak really, so he must never cry in front of Dani before", Byunghun raised his voice.
Daniel smiled at his hyung's attempt to avoid his worries.
"Hummm... let me see... there's once", said Daniel.
"When is that??", asked Byunghun curiously like a little child.
"That time it was raining, and... hum, Dani was angry at Honey because he ate a fish! yah, Dani was really mad because it was his cousin. Dani pushed Honey outside, to the raining backyard. Honey cried that time because he really didn't know that the fish was Dani's cousin. But Dani, being a douche he was, keep yelling at Honey; 'You stupid lazy ! it was a fish! I'm a fish! isn't that an easy fact?!'"
Byunghun chuckled; "I'd probably punch him in the face if I was Honey!"
"Of course. Dani's excuse was so lame. But Honey didn't punch him, Honey has a soft and tender heart. After that incident Honey was of course sick, he had this high fever for days and Dani watched him from the window, Honey didn't able to speak on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter