Chapter 26

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L.Joe's POV

I had a weird dream again. It was the same dream about the clouds and the endless sea beneath it. It was so vast and endless. I was standing there and watching the calm waves sweeping my feet. But there was no wind, nor birds. There was nothing. It was peaceful... I reached out but as soon as I realized there was no Niel beside me, I became so afraid. There was no one in my right to hold my hand... I'd be lost without him.

It was like that for these couple nights, I woke up in panic but Niel always calmed me down.
"Hyung... here. Drink this", he said as he handed me a glass of milk. He was still half asleep.
I don't know when or why I became this clingy... Is this okay... I looked at his lips that still swollen. He pouted and opened the curtain. Then he yawned and stretched his arms to the air. He messed his hair and blew out the strands that sticking out in front of his lips. He looked at me still with heavy eyes.

"You're all pale and shivering, hyung", he said as he pulled a chair beside my bed. He then held my hand tightly. I didn't even realize that I was shivering.
"Did you have a bad dream?", he my hair.
I just shook my head. He had a party with his friends last night. They were celebrating Jonghyun's official date with Hayi.
"Don't lieee", Niel whined and dropped his head on my thighs.
"You're still sleepy", I chuckled and twirled his hair around.
"I missed our double bed in apartment... could we bring that bed into this VIP room? it's a big room anyway", he suddenly raised his head and looked around.

"Hyung, what do you think?", his eyes were fully opened.
"Why don't you talk to the hospital officials... aren't you friends with all of them?", I giggled.
"Hum... Let's bet. If I could put that double bed into this room, you should.... ummm", Niel wondered to the ceilings.
"Ah", he found something as he snapped his fingers. "Violin~! Hyung, you're good in playing violin, right? I want to hear it once again. Remember that time, in music room?! yah... it was beautiful, hyung", he explained full with excitement.
"Violin?! I didn't play it for years now. I think I forget how to play it. I-I'm not that good anyway...", I flustered.
"It's alright. I just wanted to see you play. Just once more... ooonce~!", he pleaded.

I bit my lips. I couldn't say no to Niel's wish. I mean, look at that boyish grin...
"Alright. But what if you failed?", I asked.
"Hummm...", he folded his lips and wondered around once again.
"I will be your slave for a day~", he said.
"What?", I giggled.
"YEAH... wait, I AM your slave. Heol... I washed our dishes, made you breakfast, even picked our laundry", his eyes widened.
"Hahahahaha... Niel... you can cook me something, that would be enough", I said.
"Ah. It's been awhile isn't it. Hyung, when you're healthier in summer I hope we could share the chores together", he sighed and put an annoyed face on me.
"Of course. I want to make you breakfast too sometimes", I smiled and put back the milk glass to the table. I almost dropped the glass as it slipped through my shaky hand. Niel grabbed it quickly and put it down safely. Ah, what is it... it's not because of the bad dream. I held my hands tight and hurriedly put them under my thick blanket.

Niel noticed it and slipped his own hand beneath my blanket to held them close.
"It would be a tough winter. But I'll make sure that you're safe and warm", he smiled at me.
"I know", I whispered before I drowned into coughs. Here it goes again. The stinging sensation in my chest. Every air that I breath felt like thousand needles, coldly pierced into my lungs.
"I'll buy you a warm chicken soup", he said as he took one scarf and wrapped it around my neck.
"No...", I replied weakly and held Niel back to his chair.
"It won't be long, hyung...", he giggled.
I closed my eyes and tried to feel my mouth. It was bitter and dry. I'm afraid that warm chicken soup would just sickened my stomach. I took a glance to my breakfast sandwich. I used to love tuna, but I couldn't even finish a half of it.

"Hyung... you have to eat something", said Niel as he touched my cheek really concerned. I believe it just only bones now.
"I'll buy you a chicken soup, okay?", he smiled and looked into my eyes, tried to cheer me a bit. I could only nod, maybe if Niel here and feed me; the foods would taste nicer.
"Wait here, Honey-ya", he ruffled my hair and went out with a big yawn. He must be tired... I took Niel's iPod that lying innocently on the table. He left it there since two weeks ago. Yeah, it was already two weeks since we had that wonderful night. Now I can't listen to Class Actress without thinking about our shared moment. I gathered my courage and revealed my hands to the open air. They shivered even harder, and the stings in my lungs became more prominent. I held my chest tight as my teeth chattering. I bit my lips so hard to stopped it. Cold please stop now. I don't want Niel to see me like this. He has to believe that my medication works.

"Hyung...", I heard his voice entered my room. In my blurry vision I could see him carried a bowl of steamy soup. He then sat beside me. I held my tongue between my teeth.
"Here's your soup... open your mouth", he said gently. I opened my mouth hesitantly since I was afraid that Niel would notice me shivering. The warm soup flowed through my mouth, revived my taste buds and stopped my teeth from chattering.
"How was it?", Niel smiled and looked into my eyes.
"Johayo", I whispered as I loosened my grip over my blanket.
"Hyung, your lower lip is so red... yah, it's bleeding", he exclaimed worriedly and put some tissues on it.

"What happened?", he asked.
"I...", God... I don't know. I didn't realize that I bit my lips that hard.
"M-maybe it-it was the cold. It was dry and cracked before... b-but it's alright, Niel...", I forced a grin.
Niel looked at me unsurely. He finally sighed and walked across the room.
"Tsk... maybe this will help", Niel took the honey jar from the fridge and applied it on my lip.
"Ah...", I squealed at how the cold honey stung my lip.
"Stay still, Honey-ya...", Niel demanded.
"Ng... it hurts", I kept shutting my eyes fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter