Prologue

Journal Of Ardency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First love.. Isn't that the most beautiful feeling a man could ever have? It's the first. And the only one. We can't have another one.. The latter would be called second, third, fourth.. Nothing like the first. For most people their first love is also their first lover. But isn't love more than that? If we couldn't have the person physically, that feeling towards the person is still called love isn't it. Call it stupid, call it pathetic. But for Byunghun, there's no such thing as stupid when it comes to love. That word is irrelevant since that's the fundamental element for this compound. Everything is unreasonable once we fell in love. As unreasonable as he fell in love with another boy.

Ahn Daniel. He was his junior by a year. They were both in the same movie club in their school. It had only 7 members. Four from Byunhun's year and three from Daniel's. These three people were consisted of two beautiful women, since they also studied drama, but none of them caught Byunghun’s eyes. It was the boy that made him went crazy. The one with stunning lips. The one whose smile brighten their dark little room, the one whose presence equal to a group of 5 graders. How he made the club vibrant. How he was so vocal about everything. Byunghun never was a light that live up the party. He was a wallflower decorated a simple corner of a garden. A beauty that so many missed. That's exactly why he was so drawn with Daniel's presence. Every plant needs their sunlight.

Byunghun wasn't sure how his feeling was growing he only knew that he saw Daniel in every book, in every movie, in every empty chair, corridors, when he eats, takes a bath, sleeps, talks with friends... though he was rarely talk with Daniel. It was only every Friday, at 4 pm, when the movie club had their meetings. Just small talks, elongated topics about movies that Daniel little care about. No, he was there in the club not because he loved movies so much, he was there because one of the pretty girl. Park Soojoo. Who doesn't know her. A statuesque 178cm tall angel. Daniel was crazy about her. Byunghun noticed this, how Daniel always looked at Soojoo differently. And how Soojoo responded the same. They dated in half of semester that year. It was really heartbreaking for Byunghun. What could he do though... he didn't do anything with his feelings anyway.

But as he felt so desperate about his love, he also felt like somehow they were destined to be. How if Daniel was secretly interested in him too? How innocent that notion was. Daniel was someone who was easily created that sense everywhere he goes. Like that one time when they both were skipping class and accidentally met in music room. It wasn't a plain spot like the end of schools corridor nor a boring place like library, it was a place full with emotions. A music room. The time was near dusk. The sun was beautifully peeping through the cloud. Byunghun was there, randomly playing school's violin. He loved music, though violin not his main instrument but he was eager to played it that time.

Daniel was also there by chance, he just finished his quick smoke behind school's gymnasium. Daniel wasn't the kind who would attend a classic concert by his own will but the melody came out from Byunghun's violin attracted him that time. Little he knew that the encounter would change Byunghun forever. He entered the music room so nonchalantly, and once he spotted that the amazing musician was no other than his hyung at movie club, he cheered;

"BYUNGHUN HYUUUUUNG... YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PLAYED IT???", he said so loudly that Byunghun almost jumped out his spot.
"Ah.. Niel...", said Byunghun coldly as he tried so hard to keep his overflowing feelings inside.
"Whoa whoa hyung... I don't know you can play violins", said Daniel with his wide eyes.
"It's not that good.. I um... just play a bit..", said Byunghun slowly put off his violin down.
"Don't mind me.. keep playing", said Daniel pulled out a chair in front of the stage.
“How could I? this is so embarrassing”, Byunghun smiled to the floor then went down the stage and gathered his courage to sat next to Daniel.
“I don’t like music class, I’m at playing instruments. Violins are the worst”, Daniel laughed at himself.

In every of their conversation, Daniel always talked about himself. Not that Byunghun mind it, he adored how Daniel was always so good at starting conversations, but he also secretly hoped that Daniel would care about him a bit.

“I couldn’t really play the violins too… my brother is so good at it”, said Byunghun.
“Don’t lie to me, hyung, you played well”, Daniel smiled at Byunghun. How Byunghun wished that he could disappear right away.
“You’re skipping class?”, asked Byunghun, tried to calm his heart down.
“Yeah, it’s Physics. Hate Physics”, said Daniel.

Byunghun giggled at his answer. Daniel wasn’t the smartest kid when it came to studies, but when you talked to him, you’ll know that he was a witty kid. School’s subjects never was the right measure to determine people’s IQ anyway.
“You’re just lazy to learn the formulas…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter