New Endeavour

SERENDIPITY: You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
NEW ENDEAVOUR

**

Hye-Ji’s POV

I dejectedly looked out the window. “Ugh, it’s sunny. How nice,” I said sarcastically. “Oh come on! Stop sulking. It’s been a while since we’ve been here. Aren’t you happy we’re finally home?” Hara, my best friend ever since, asked. I raised a bored eyebrow. “Ecstatic!” I gave her a big fake smile.

She clicked her tongue then slapped me on the arm. “Cheer up buttercup! Let’s go. They already gave the announcement that we could grab our bags,” she smiled.

I just rolled my eyes. I looked out the window again. “Home eh?” I whispered to myself then sighed.

I finally stood up from my seat then grabbed my carry-on.  Yeseol, my other best friend, lightly patted me on the back. “Things will be alright. Come on, smile!” she said hopefully. I just gave her a small smile.

I’m not really that happy to be back in Seoul. A lot of things has happened here and I’m not a big fan of reminiscing the past – especially mine.

“Thank you for flying with us. Welcome to South Korea!” the stewardesses greeted us as we exited the airplane. A grimace made it's way on my face.

“Did you see their shoes?” Hara whispered to me. I snickered then nodded my head. “Ugly, aren’t they?” she commented. “The shoes or them?” I countered.

We just laughed. I know we’re mean but it’s just the way we are.

 

**

The three of us were at the airport gates. “Well, it’s been a while Seoul,” Yeseol sighed. Hara and I nodded. “Yeah, how long were we away anyway?” Hara wondered. “Too long,” I swiftly answered.

It’s been almost five years since I left. I wonder if things are still the same...

I stared at my two best friends for so long and softly smiled at them.  “Let’s make the best out of our stay, hey?” I told them. They both nodded.

Our car finally arrived and stopped in front of us. An old man went out then bowed. “Welcome back miss,” Jungsu-ssi greeted. I smiled fondly at our longtime driver.

“I missed you ahjussi,” I told him honestly. “So do I miss,” he smiled his cat-like smile.

He’s one of the few people that I missed when I left Korea. I was glad he didn’t change at all. The girls and I then entered the car.

“To the house miss?” he asked when he finished loading our bags. I shook my head no. “No ahjussi. To my uncle’s company,” I told him.

Jungsu-ssi looked at me confused. “Aren’t you going to-“ He stopped when he saw my face. He understood quite well that I don’t get along well with my parents. “It’s better to prolong meeting them. I have other plans why I came back anyway,” I curtly answered. He just nodded and started the car.

“Are you excited?” Hara asked once the car started moving. I smiled a little. “I’d be lying if I told you I’m not,” I answered her.

“This is a big step for us,” she commented. I nodded in agreement. “It definitely is. I’m grateful to my uncle for giving us this project. It’d be a great experience,” I vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter