Impromptu Date

SERENDIPITY: You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
IMPROMPTU DATE

**

Yongguk’s POV

It was our last day in New York today, and here I was unexpectedly sifting through hard-to-find records in a vintage music shop in E 4th Street. And by unexpected I meant Hye-ji hauling my out of bed so early in the morning and dragging me out of the hotel to accompany her.

It’s not like I’m complaining about this whole thing, it’s just that I wished she should have told me we were going on a date. I huffed to myself, slightly annoyed.

My eyes then saw her on the corner going through the racks of old records and listening to a few songs here and there. She had a small smile playing on her lips as she hummed to whatever song she was currently listening to. I couldn’t help the upward tug of the corners of my mouth at the sight.

Hye-ji looked adorable with the huge headphones on and the slight bobbing of her head. She looked extremely cute and I had this weird urge of hugging her. I held down the urge though.

We’re not dating after all. It’d be weird to do those things. I thought grimly.

“Did you find any records you wanted to buy?” Hye-ji suddenly asked, appearing right beside me. I jumped a little, startled with her sudden appearance and closeness.

I clicked my tongue at her. “God, Hye-ji! Don’t scare me like that,” I scolded her. She bit her lower lip as she tried to hold in her laughter. I could see amusement dancing in her eyes though.

“Sorry,” she quickly apologized. I simply rolled my eyes at her. “So, did you find anything you wanted?” she asked again.

I nodded my eyes and showed her a few records I found interesting. Hye-ji hummed in response. “Let’s buy those then,” she simply said as she walked towards the cashier. I followed suit.

I handed the records to the cashier and waited for her to punch the items in. I was about to hand in my credit card but Hye-ji stopped me. I looked at her confused.

“I’ll take care of it,” she told me and handed the cashier her card.

My mouth hung open in shock. “I could afford those you know,” I gaped at her. She chuckled at my reaction. “I know you could. But I dragged you here so it’s the least I could do, right?” she shrugged.

The cashier handed her card back along with the records we purchased. I grabbed the paper bag and thanked her.

I’ll just think of it as a gift then.

“Come on! We have a lot of things in our agenda,” Hye-ji said as she pulled my arm out of the shop. I just rolled my eyes again.

I don’t mind being dragged around by her anymore. At least we could spend a day with just the two of us

Let her lead just this time, Yongguk. I told myself. I chuckled at the thought. If that makes Hye-ji happy then why not, right?

 

**

Hye-ji and I then stopped by a shop in 3rd Avenue. The shop was filled with cosmetics and skin care products and I highly believe it’s somewhat considered as a girl’s paradise.

There were a lot of interesting things in the shop. There were an assortment of soaps, oils, lotions, shampoos and other beauty regimen that I couldn’t help but look around and buy a few products too.

My eyes landed on a certain shampoo and I instinctively grabbed a bottle. I opened the cap and smelled it. My eyebrows furrowed as I recognized the scent was familiar.

“Oh! I was looking for that,” Hye-ji suddenly exclaimed behind me. I was startled yet again the stylist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter