Comeback Showcase

SERENDIPITY: You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
COMEBACK SHOWCASE

**

Hye-ji’s POV

My uncle was shocked to say the least. With eyes wide, eyebrows shot up, and mouth agape – he was undeniably and reasonably stunned to the core.

Seconds had passed; maybe even minutes but no one has said anything after my confession. Uncle was still frozen in his seat while I stare expectantly at him.

In all honesty, I was somewhat dreading his reaction. He has the right to know about my and Yongguk’s relationship, he’s my uncle after all. But more than that, he’s Yongguk’s boss. He’s the big guy and whatever he deems right would surely be followed.

I’m afraid he’d say we should break-up.

I gulped down the large lump in my throat.

Please don’t let us break-up!

With a little faith in my uncle’s soft spot for me, I continued to keenly stare at him.

“That’s…” he started. His face was now contorted into deep thought. He was biting his lower lip and his eyebrows were knitted together.

I could clearly see the conflict in his eyes.

Would he a happy uncle for his niece and accept the relationship or would he be a strict CEO for his charge and let them break-up?

I could undoubtedly understand the inner turmoil my uncle was now experiencing.

I understand his priorities. He’s running an entertainment agency after all. Personal matters should be separated – that’s the number one rule when it comes to running a business. You should never let personal feelings and relations mesh with business matters. That’s a big no in the corporate world.

My uncle sighed. I bit my inner cheek, uneasiness quickly spreading through my whole body.

I gazed down and stared at my clenched fists. I could see my knuckles going white and my knees jumping in agitation.

Huh. This is freaking nerve-racking. I internally chuckled. My heart’s beating like crazy too.

“Hye-ji,” uncle cleared his throat. My head snapped up and my eyes met his.

He smiled warmly at me. I returned the gesture.

Is this a good sign? I gulped nervously.

“Hye-ji ah. I really don’t know how to react on this…” he started. My heart plummeted.  “I really don’t know what to say about your relationship with Yongguk,” he sighed.

I nodded in understanding. Uncle then started massaging his temples.

“Does that mean you want us to break-up?” I asked weakly. My voice cracked a little. I was too afraid to ask that question but I willed myself to.

What would you do if uncle says you should, Hye-ji?

I could feel my eyes fill up with tears.

Don’t cry…

Laughter suddenly filled the room. I looked at my uncle, dumbfounded.

Why is he laughing?

“What?” I gaped at him.

Uncle shook his head and wiped away a stray tear from his eye.

“I’m not telling you to break-up with him silly!” he told me. My jaw dropped.

“But your words? I thought….” I looked at him, confused and bewildered.

He clicked his tongue. “I said I don’t know how to react. That’s entirely different from I want you guys to break-up,” he explained.

I tilted my head to the side and studied my uncle.

“Does that mean you approve of our relationship?” I voiced out.

He smiled at me.

“Do you love him?” he asked.

My eyebrows shot up in surprise, pretty taken aback with his question.

“I-I,” I stuttered. I averted my eyes from his curious gaze.

I know I like Yongguk but do I already love him?

My eyebrows furrowed in thought.

Do I love Yongguk?

My heart squeezed at the thought. A warm sensation spread throughout my chest. There was a fuzzy feeling inside of me.

Yongguk’s gummy smile suddenly appeared in my mind. A soft smile appeared on my face.

Ah! Seo Hye-ji, you silly gir! I internally chuckled.

“You don’t need to tell me. I think you already know the answer,” uncle suddenly said.

I looked at him then beamed.

“Am I that obvious?” I laughed.

He nodded his head. “Congratulations, Hye-ji. I’m happy for you. And Yongguk too,” he told me.

I stood from my seat and walked to him.

“Thank you uncle,” I mumbled as I hugged him. He hugged back and just chuckled.

 

**

After our little hug, I settled back into my seat. We started talking about our plans.

“Are you sure about this? Are you aware of the consequences? Are you seriously willing to do this?” he fired one by one.

I nodded my head, determined to push through with our decision.

“This is for everyone’s sake. It’s for the best,” I simply shrugged.

My uncle sighed and massaged his temples.

“This’ll be interesting,” he commented. I scoffed. “Of course it would be. I’m pretty interesting you know,” I cheekily answered.

He clicked his tongue but smiled nevertheless.

Two down! Next is the scarier part.

 

Yongguk’s POV

The day of the comeback showcase finally came. The stage was put up amazingly and the fans quickly filled the venue. You could clearly feel the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter