Meet The Parents Part 2

SERENDIPITY: You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MEET THE PARENTS PART 2

**

Hye-ji’s POV

“Are you ready?” Yongguk asked as he slowly parked the car in front of the grand hotel entrance. I looked at him, anxious and uneasy with everything that has happened. He grabbed my hand and held it gently. He cracked a small smile, his gums slightly showing. I fondly returned the smile and gave him a nod. “Let’s go,” I softly told him.

He nodded his head and exited the car first. He then opened my door and offered his hand. I gladly took it. I needed all the support right now. We then made our way into the vast and luxurious lobby. Tonight was finally the night.

We were going to meet my parents tonight and maybe talk like civilized people. It was our chance to finally talk.

I was confused with the whole engagement thing my parents had announced two days before. I haven’t heard of it. I wasn’t told of anything of the sort. I was surprised to say the least.

The manager escorted us towards a private room my parents had reserved. I was apprehensive and seriously hesitant. I had a bad feeling about it when my parents invited us for dinner. I was about to decline but Yongguk stopped me. He told my parents we’d be coming and I swear I almost broke up with him right there and then. (I’m kidding of course.)

Yongguk had convinced me to talk things out with them and like a love-struck fool that I was, I obediently complied. He gave me a proud smile and a loving kiss though so I guess it wasn’t that bad.

When we arrived at the room, I was left dumbfounded yet again. In the center of the room sat my parents and a guy I vaguely knew. He looked familiar but I had no memories of ever meeting him before. I looked at my parents, more baffled than ever.

“Who is he?” I voiced out. My mom smiled at me. “He’s your fiancé honey,” she sweetly replied.

My body froze. I stared at the guy, flabbergasted and seriously taken aback. My fiancé? I couldn’t help but gape at the man. The said fiancé just smiled at me.

God, they even found someone to be my husband? When did they even plan this? And why are they actually doing this?

I felt sick to the stomach. My parents were truly vile people. I couldn’t comprehend how they could pull this sort of thing towards their daughter.

How treacherous can they be?

A hand suddenly entwined with mine and grasped it gently. I looked at Yongguk and mine’s clasped hands. The unsettling feeling quickly disappeared and my thoughts were finally brought back to reality.

“I did not agree on this engagement,” I said to my parents, loud and determined. I then looked at the person beside them. “Sir, I am sorry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter