The Battle

SERENDIPITY: You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THE BATTLE

**

Hye-ji’s POV

The day of the battle has finally arrived. I was seated at the front row between the girls and the other B.A.P. members. My parents were also seated in the same row but they were pretty much at the other end.

My fingers busily fumble with themselves as I stared anxiously at the still dark and empty stage. The battle would begin in a few minutes time and I was obviously on edge. I bit my inner cheek and impatiently clicked my tongue.

“God when will it begin,” I grumpily muttered. Hara nudged my side and slightly glared at me. “Shut up Seo. It’ll start in a few. Wait for little more,” she scolded me.

She was seriously getting annoyed with me really. I kept on whining and blabbering nonsense ever since last night; I just couldn’t stop my word vomit.

Even I myself was getting annoyed with my incessant rambles.

“Noona calm down, okay? Hyung’s going to be fine. He prepared well for this,” Zelo assuring whispered as he gently squeezed my hand. I gave the maknae a small grateful smile. “Thanks,” I mumbled to him.

He simply hummed in response and turned towards the stage. I turned too. The lights were turned off and the screen played the somewhat teaser for the battle. Loud cheers were then heard as the audience started to get more excited when two figures appeared on center stage. The program has finally begun.

The two figure were the MCs. Kang Haneul and Song Jieun were the appointed MCs for the battle and they looked marvelous if I say so myself. I would have gushed about their clothes if I wasn’t in my dead-anxious mood at the moment.

“The day has finally arrived as two men battle it out for a woman’s heart,” Kang Haneul started. “Two soldiers fighting for love – it’s quite romantic isn’t it?” Jieun noona commented. The audience cheered deafeningly.

The venue was packed with a mix of BABYs and Ji Chang Wook oppa’s fans. The huge auditorium was filled to the brim and different banners were seen all over. Posters of support for each male was plastered and held up high by their fans – never wavering with their passionate cheers.

“Now, we present to you the brave knights who would prove to the world their determination,” Jieun pointed towards the right corner of the stage. A spotlight was shone to a tall male. He was wearing a handsome jet-black suit. Screams and shrieks alike resounded in the venue. “The fiancé, famous musical actor Ji Chang Wook,” she announced.

Chang Wook oppa bowed the audience. He smiled and waved to a few. We then made eye contact. He threw hearts at me. The fans screamed more. I couldn’t but laugh at his antics. He has always been playful to be honest.

“And now everyone, the boyfriend and B.A.P.’s leader Bang Yongguk,” Kang Haneul then announced. A spotlight shone above Yongguk and he looked seriously sharp and ethereal with his all white suit. The BABYs screamed hard for their leader.

He smiled to the audience and bowed, his signature gummy smile capturing even more hearts. I smiled proudly at him. When our hazes met, I mouthed ‘I love you’ to him. He mouthed ‘I love you too.’ My smile grew wider at that.

The two of them walked towards the center and greeted each other.

“Are there any words you want to say to each other?” Jieun asked. “Let’s do our best,” Yongguk simply said. Changwook oppa smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah, let’s do our best. May the best man win?” he held out his hand.

Yongguk stared at his outstretched hand for a second. He held out his hand and the two simply shook hands. The venue boomed with the audience’s scream, it was honestly quite defeaning.

“Now, let’s begin with round 1! The dance battle!” Kang Haneul announced and everyone clapped excitedly.

The four figures excited the stage and soon the lights were turned off again.

“Who’s going to perform first?” I asked Zelo. “Chang Wook hyung,” he curtly answered. I noticed the youngest was fairly anxious too.

Music then started playing. I recognized as the song was Magic!’s Rude. Chang Wook oppa appeared at the center and started to move with the music.

[*since I at descriptions watch this video here to know his dance performance*]

I was amazed he could move so swiftly because I haven’t watched him dance for so long. He certainly improved his flexibility in my opinion.

As the music ended, everyone applauded for his good performance. Dancing wasn’t exactly his forte but he did better than I expected.

He was certainly giving the battle his all after all.

“I never knew he could dance like that,” Hara commented. I merely nodded in agreement with her words.

Chang Wook oppa then exited the stage and the lights were turned off again. Next was Yongguk’s turn.

“What did Yongguk prepare for this battle?” I nervously turned to Zelo. He grinned at my question. “Hyung’s got this battle in the bag noona, don’t worry,” he confidently answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter