Chloroform Kiss

More Than Soul Mates

     You run to the medicine cabinet and cover a rag with a liquid you're all too familiar with. You get back to the living room as fast as you can, "sleep. Now," you point to the couch and order Yongguk to go to sleep.

     He sits down and you wave the cloth in front of his face a good 4 inches away, and he quickly drifts off to sleep. "Sehunah, as soon as I fall asleep, wake up that body. Araso?" you point to the body you were born in and he nods.

     You sit back on the couch and thoroughly cover your entire mouth with the cloth. Your head snaps backwards as you're immediately engulfed in the black abyss of unconciousness. Chloroform always works.

            

     Your face tingles and you feel a hand on it. You open your eyes to see Sehun on your lap, his hands cupping your face. "Nuna, you said to wake you up. So wake up," he lifts your head up so it's level with his.

     "How long ago?" you immediately worry about Kris.

     "Like two minutes," Sehun lets go of your face, dismounting your body.

     "I should hurry then," you stand up and run for the front door. Not bothering to close the door, you run in the direction of Kris' house.

     It doesn't take long until Kris is only 10 meters ahead of you. "Kris! Wait! I didn't mean it!" you yell as you continue catching up with him. He turns around, and even though it's dark, you can still see the redness and tears in his eyes. He sniffles and sloppily wipes away a few tears.

     "I'm sorry Kris..." you hug the tall crying man and hear his odd heartbeat. Instead of beating per second, it's beating per tear. It sounds like a broken clock, "...I didn't mean it."

Kris burries his face in your shoulder and you can feel the tears soaking your shirt. You stay like that for a little while until Kris pulls away. "Why did you say it?" Kris sniffles as he tries to wipe away the remnants of his tears.

     You move his hands away and wipe away the tears for him, "I was just kidding. I didn't think before I spoke. It was a stupid mistake, and I hope you'll forgive me." you take a deep breath trying to think of how to make Kris feel better. "How about this. You come to the park with me and Minwoo Oppa after work tomorrow. How does that sound?" just because Kris can immature and annoying a lot, it doesn't mean you don't care about him. You've known him as long as you've known Minwoo for Pete's sake.

     "Okay, but... was it really a joke?" he's not crying anymore, but his eyes are still red.

     "Of course, I really wasn't serious. Now, get some rest so we can hang out tomorrow. Araso?" you speak as softly as you possibly can, happy the tears have stopped flowing. You give Kris a little smile and he does his best to give you a tiny smile back. You both turn and begin walking in opposite directions, getting farther apart.

     You get home and find a worried Sehun sitting on the front steps. He quickly stands up when he sees you, "Nuna, I woke you up like you asked. So now can you tell me what you did to Yongguk?"

     You wave your hand at the idea that something's wrong, "it's nothing. He's just asleep. Can you wake us up at five," you don't want to be stuck in Yongguk's body tomorrow. Sehun nods and goes to his room. You follow his example and lean back on the couch next to Yongguk.  You close your eyes and let sleep take you away.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

     You feel something on your shoulder and your ears detect a nearby sound. The sound is muffled, but you know it's supposed to be words. You open your eyes and see your own awake face staring back at you. Light headed is the only way you can describe how you feel.

     "She's up, now back to sleep," you recognize Sehun's voice and realize it's his hand that's on your shoulder. He must've figured out your plan seeing as he's carrying it out without being told. You close your eyes and drift back to sleep.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

     Upon opening your eyes, you see Yongguk's sleeping face. You're in your own body again. All of a sudden you see that Yongguk is falling forward. Before you know it, he's on top of you, and he's pretty heavy thanks to his muscles.

     "Sehunah~ he's heavy!" you try to call for help, waving your arms and legs in the process. You see Sehun run in the room from the kitchen. He tugs on Yongguk's left arm which was previously hanging off the edge of the couch, and the sleeping man hugs you with his free right arm.

     Yongguk's eyes open and he realizes where he is. Sehun gives the older's arm one good yank and the two of you are on the floor. This time you're on top and the impact presses your faces together.

     Because Yongguk's taller than you, his face is a little higher. The contact between the two of you acts as a kiss on the tip of your nose given by Yongguk. You pull away, thankful you didn't fall into a full kiss, and Yongguk puts a hand over his own mouth. Without warning, Sehun picks you up and pulls you into a standing position. You turn and shuffle to your room without a word.