Here & Now

More Than Soul Mates

     "Can I go see him?" you help Daehyun put the ice pack back in the freezer.

     "Sure, just don't be surprised if they're not wearing shirts. Jongup, Youngjae, and Himchan never wear shirts to bed," you know what else Himchan doesn't wear to bed.

     "Everyone but Himchan wears pants to bed though right?" you accidentally think out loud.

     "Yeah, but he put on pants after Yongguk freaked... Hold on..." Daehyun stares at you obviously suspicious. "How'd you know he sleeps in his boxers?"

     "Just a wild guess," you're a pretty good liar sometimes.

     "Okay then... They're in that room," he points to the biggest bedroom out of the three. You leave the kitchen and approach the door. You knock on it and wait for an answer. The door opens and you see Himchan holding the door handle, shirtless of course. His eyes open wider than you thought they ever could and he takes a step back.

     "Hi," you speak calmly. You seem to have gotten used to ignoring shirtless guys' chests really fast. You take a step in and see that, unlike this morning, Himchan is wearing a pair of black skinny jeans. Although the pants don't look tight enough to hurt him, they are tight enough to show almost everything.

     You look at the end of the bed and see Younjae next to Yongguk, holding the older's hands. They both look up, and upon spoting you, Youngjae hides his bare skin behind his Hyung almost in shame. The cowering boy refuses to look you in the eyes as he stares at the crook of Yongguk's neck. It seems like Jongup is the only one who's confident when a girl can see his chest, or he just doesn't care. Either way, it's a bit odd.

     When you make eye contact with Yongguk, you swallow hard at the memory of looking into them in the mirror. "Can I talk to Yongguk alone for a while?" your eyes don't leave his. The two men don't complain, ask for a reason, or even make a sound, as they leave the room immediately, shutting the door behind them.

     "What do you remember from this morning?" you sit down next to him, recognizing the feel of the bed.

     He avoids looking into your eyes, "what do you mean?"

     "Where were you when you woke up this morning?" you've been wondering all day if he had a similar experience. His gaze stays locked on the same spot on the wall for a few more seconds before it moves.

     He looks at your right arm, "give me your hand." He holds out his own hand to recieve yours. You obey and hold out the requested hand. He wraps both his hands around yours and starts you feel it. He moves his gaze all around your hand and stops on the base of your middle finger. He his thumb and places it on the base of the finger. He rubbs it gently until a white scar is visible, the makeup being washed away. "It's here."

     "How did you know?..." he must've had the same experience if he knew about the scar, since it's only visible in the mornings before you hide its presence with the only makeup you own.

     "I saw this when I woke up. I thought something horrible had happened until I noticed the hand it was attached to," Yongguk traces the scar as he speaks. "Where were YOU this morning?" he looks into your eyes and raises his eyebrows, his hands still on yours. You blush remembering Himchan's .

     "In here, and I kinda freaked out a little. Sorry about that," you take a deep breath, trying to forget what you saw this morning.

     Yongguk sighs as if he has just lost a fight. "What's happening to us?"

     "I don't know, but we should test it," you really want to know how it works.

     He forrows his eyebrows, thoroughly confused, "and how do you suppose we go about doing that?"

     "We sleep," he looks at you even more confused. "Think about it, we WAKE UP in each other's bodies. So let's sleep," you explain your plan.

     Yongguk nods at your idea, "okay. Where? When?"

     You can't wait. "Here. Now."

 

 

Author's  Note:

Sorry the chapter's so short. I hope you guys like it though. Anybody guessed who Sohee's brother is yet? He's coming in the next chapter (he's so sweet ^u^) I just started writing chapter twelve, I write fast. I just love the story so much I can't stop.  Both chapters  ten and eleven are longer than any of the currently posted chapters