TOP Quality Ice Cream

More Than Soul Mates

     You serve tables at the shop, taking orders and bringing the food to the customers. It isn't just ice cream that can be bought. There are cookies and cakes, and pastries and pies. For anyone who doesn't eat ice cream, there's frozen yogurt. Time goes by fast as you have fun serving the kind and cheerful customers, until 12:00pm arrives.

     You hear the bell indicate that the door has just been opened. At first you think it's a customer, but you're proven wrong when you look up into the man's eyes. "Oh. Hi Kris," you go back to wiping down one of the tables.

     "Kris!" Luhan zips to the front of the shop and gives his brother a suffocating hug before he even has a chance to avoid it. "Oh. I thought you were bringing your friend today," he loosens his grip on his younger brother.

     "I did. He's outside the window, and he's not coming in until Inyoung calls for him,"  he smirks as if to say 'ingenius'. All three of you look out the shop's large window, and stare at the freakishly tall boy. His curly hair is barely nudged by the calm wind. You roll your eyes at Kris, then ccept the probability that his friend will stand out there for days if you don't order him to come inside.

     Your index finger points at the boy. He points at himself as if he's asking 'me?'. Your finger moves from him, to the floor next to you. After a few times of you repeating this, he understands and smiles. He runs into the shop like a dog fetching a stick, until he halts at your side.

     He tries to speak as he pants, "hi." Even though he's only a foot away from you, he still waves. "I'm Chanyeol, Kris' friend," his panting is slower than a minute ago, but he's still trying to catch his breath.

     "I'm Inyoung, I work here," you state the obvious, not knowing what to say. He just smiles at you like a big weirdo. Oh great, you think. Another Kris. The two tall boys sit at the table in the far corner, Kris' usual spot.

Chanyeol:        Kris: 

     Since you're the only server at the shop for the moment, you're forced to take their orders. After bringing them their food, you hide behind Luhan hoping they'll leave you alone. "Manager!" Chanyeol calls out with a pouty face.

     "How can I help you?" Luhan is too skilled for his own good at pretending not to know people.

     "I am upset, and won't be satisfied with the service here unless she sits with us while we enjoy our time here," he points directly at you and Luhan's eyes follow. Luhan gives you a 'you heard what he said' look and you silently beg for mercy. He comes over to you and practically drags you to their table by your hand. Kris stands up and shoves you into the spot between him and Chanyeol. Luhan walks away with an apologetic look on his face as you fold your arms and pout.

     It's only now you realize that while you were being dragged they had wolfed down their ice cream. "So how was your weekend?" Kris begins to talk to start the small talk. Chanyeol joins him in staring at you.

     You decide to with what happened, not spilling all the details, "I was in the hospital from Friday night to Sunday morning."

     "Ommo! are you hurt. Do you have a fever? Did you break something? Do you even remember? Do you feel any pain?" he frantically inspects you while poking you here and there.

     "Well my hurts from lieing in a hospital bed all weekend," it's true.

     "Maybe one of us could massage it?" Chanyeol smirks. This is probably the reason Kris brought Chanyeol along. For his ideas.

     "No. Never. Never ever. E-V-E-R," you make it very clear for the two of them.

     "Why not?" Chanyeol pouts with puppy eyes. Kris is genius to bring Chanyeol, but not genius enough. You let out a big sigh, what did I ever do to desrve this?

     Just then the door opens and you shove your way out of the seat to see who it is. "Nuna!!! I brought my older brother to meet you!" Zelo crushes you in a hug as soon as he gets close enough for one. He lets you out of the hug and stands next to his Hyung. You giggle a little when you realize Zelo is an inch taller than his brother. They do look alike, and you can tell they're brothers.

     "My name is Seunghyun, but you can call me Top."

 

 

Author's Note:

Do you get the pun in the title of this chapter?