Birthday Wish

More Than Soul Mates

     "Okay. Top, don't take this the wrong way, but how does it feel being shorter than your little brother?" you just have to ask.

     "It's not as bad as it seems, and I can still kick his in a fight. So I don't mind," he puts his hands in his pockets and looks around. He spots Chanyeol and approaches him, "hey Chanyeol. This is Kris right?" Chanyeol nods. "Hey Kris."

     "Why are you here Hyung? Do you need something?" Chanyeol and Top must be friends.

     "Nah. My brother read your text message and had a spaz attack. He dragged me over here demanding that I meet his Nuna," so that's how he knew where to find you at work.

     "Nuna, what time do you get off work?" Zelo tilts his head in curiosity.

     "At 3:30pm," you reply as you stare at the clock above the shop's entrance. He pouts at the three hours left and stomps over to Top.

     "Hyung, Nuna gets off work at 3:30. Can we stay 'till then?" he tugs on Top's arm, pulling his hand out of the warm pocket.

     "Fine. But, you have to spend some of that time with me too. You can't just abandon me for your Nuna. Okay?" Top raises his eyebrows. Zelo nods and crushes you in another hug.

     "Can't-- breathe!" you struggle for air.

     He lets you go, "sorry Nuna. So, how's work so far?"

     You the air back into your lungs and answer him, "all the customers have been nice, but two creepers came in."

     "What's a creeper?"

     "A creeper is a guy who creeps on girls, and that's Kris and Chanyeol," you point. Zelo glares at them like an angry watchdog. His eyes suddenly pop open as if he realized something huge.

     "Then Top's a creeper too right?!" he shouts and you grab the collar of his shirt to get him to calm down. 

     "Yah!" Top yells in defense, "I'm no such thing! I'm perfectly respectful of people's space and privacy!" He looks like he was accused of being some kind of sasaeng.

     "Then why do you hang out with byuntaes (erts)?"

     "Yah! We're not byuntaes!" Kris is highly offended and stands. He makes his way over to you and Zelo, his pride getting the better of him. Since Zelo's as tall as Kris, he won't be frightened by the older's size.

     "Yes you are, Nuna said you're a creeper. So to me, you're a byuntae," Zelo folds his arms and raises his nose in disgust at Kris.

     Kris looks at you like a sad puppy. "Am I really a creeper to you?" he looks like he's about to cry.

     "Yup," you don't even hesitate to answer.

     "At least I'm cute right?" he begins to smirk.

     You decide to kill his smirk by teasing him, "Chanyeol's cuter."

     "Yes!" Chanyeol highfives himself.

     "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Kris falls to his knees in denial.

     "Chanyeol versus Top!!" Zelo encourages the byuntaes' emotional dismantalment.

     "Top," Chanyeol joins Kris on the floor. You smile, this is fun.

     The bell above the door jingles and you turn to see who it is. "What the heck is going on in here?" your co-worker Jiyong has arrived. He looks at the two on the floor, then up to the smirking Top.

     "You're late!" Luhan for the second time today teases an employee.

     "It's 12:32, that's only two minutes!" he points to the titanium watch around his wrist in protest.

     "Fine, I'll let you off again," he pauses for a second. "But, because this is your nineth time this month, you'll have to close up today so I can leave early." Even though Jiyong closes up most of the time anyways, it does mean he'll have to stay an extra half an hour to clean up.

     Jiyong huffs in defeat and goes to the back to get ready to work. The two tall boys stand, still hanging their heads in shame. Chanyeol spots a small group of girls out the window and waves at them like a gentleman. Kris joins him in waving with a handsome smile. When the girls look at the two gorgeous guys' faces, they giggle like fan girls and head for the shop's entrance.

     As soon as the leader of the group of girls takes one look at Zelo and Top, she pulls out her phone and starts texting. "I got it!" Luhan grabs the boys and starts dragging them around. He sits one guy at each table, "It's like my very own host club." He puts his hands on his heart like a woman who just got proposed to.

     "Calm down Luhan, it's not like people are going to start calling you Sempi," you roll your eyes at the idea.

     "Maybe not, but I will still make a bunch of money off my brother for once," he looks over at his brother, sick of all the mooching he's done.

     "Yah! I'm not coming in all the time for this!" Kris will not be used. You walk up to Kris who is waving a fist at his Hyung.

     Putting your hands on his fist you look at him with puppy eyes. He looks down at you, both surprised and confused. "If you come in more often you'll be able to hang out with me all thos days at work." You think wishingly to yourself, I should be getting a raise for this. He blinks a few times, still taking in your words.

     "Fine. But I'm only coming in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. How about that Luhan?" Kris relaxes his fist and holds onto your hands.

     "That's great! Just know that you're getting below minimum wage for this kind of job," finally his little brother has some kind of job. Kris lets go of your hands and sits back at his table, begining to chat with the ladies like all the other guys are doing. Luhan motions for you to come to him, and you obey.

     "What's up Luhan?" you stand before him calmly.

     Luhan puts a hand on your shoulder. "Inyoung, I've been meaning to talk to you about the new employee and new hours for a while now. And... would you... accept a 20% raise?"