Ch. 2 Missing

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny ch 2.

Missing. 

An: Double update plz enjoy!

               The pair of father and son reached their destination at noon. Myungsoo carried their camping equipment into the cabin. He decided to take his son ice fishing, and snow sledding in the mountains for the weekend since it's the first snow of the season. This brought back memories of him and Sungyeol before they were married. For a school trip both him and Sungyeol also went camping in the area before. That time he was a TA at Sungyeol's high school. He remembered Sungyeol was really shy towards him then even though around his friends Sungyeol was very talkative . They got to know each other when Myungsoo was assigned to supervise Sungyeol's cabin.

               Myungsol got out of the car and followed his father into the cabin. The snow came up to the little boy's knees, and he struggled to make his way in. Laughing at his sluggish movements his Appa lifted him up into the air and the two went inside.

               It was the second time Sungyeol got the order wrong that night. The customer had ordered Mocha frappachino, and he ended up making a Vanilla frap. Woohyun stopped to stare at his friend while shaking his head.

               "Yo, what's up with you tonight? You keep getting it wrong." Woohyun called out.

               "I'm sorry hyung..." Sungyeol said tiredly.

               "You neeeeed to relax it's not the first time Myungsol gone with his father for the weekend." Woohyun said cooly. "What YOU need is a date!"

               Sungyeol cringed at his friend giving him a strange look. "Excuse me?!"

               "Yeh! You heard me you need a date! You know, see other people...it's been a while since you actually went anywhere during weekends. Myungsoo has the kid in weekends so you're free to go out." Woohyun reasoned.

               "Uh...no." Sungyeol cut him off shortly, " I don't have time for that."

               "Why not?"

               "I have a child to raise, I not interested in seeing people right now. Myungsol is my priority."Sungyeol argued.

               "Myungsol? Or Myungsoo?" Woohyun questioned, " Come on ! You stuck by that guy since high school and what did that give you in the end? If you hadn't marry him you would be out of college by now with the rest of us. It's time to move on...unless...you still had feelings for him...? Hey, I know a guy who's a friend of a friend who's still single...I can introduce you guys."

               "..Uck...n..no...hyung...I just don't have time right now!" Sungyeol said a little offended and dumping the wrong drink into the sink. "Why don't you date him yourself!Leave me alone!"

               Woohyun shrugged at the younger man. " I'm telling yah, you're in denial."

               "Shut up hyung, and worry about your own relationship!" Sungyeol snapped at his talkative boss.

               Woohyun's words made Sungyeol recalled an incident he had with Myungsol,

               "NO! NO, NO! I DON'T WANT TO! " The child was throwing a tantrum by stomping his feet and pulling at Sungyeol's arm without letting go.

               "Baby, be good Grandma wants mom to make a new friend ok?" Sungyeol cooed his baby, but to no avail.

               "NO!I don't want to go to grandma! I hate grandma! I hate grandma! Grandma wants that ugly uncle to replace Appa!!! I don't want it!" Myungsol cried louder almost choking on his tears.

               The sight of his baby made Sungyeol's heart ache as he pulled Myungsol into a hug.

               "Myung...sol...d...don't want...don't want Mom to go meet that ugly ahjushhi!...Myung..wants to see ..D...Dad..."Myungsol sobbed, rubbing his eyes on Sungyeol's chest. "Myung..s..sol...want daddy!...M..Mommy doesn't love us anymore...Mommy wants to leave Myungs..sol and daddy...to go with that uncle!"

               "No no no no....baby... Mommy loves you very very much" Sungyeol could feel his own tears fall from his eyes. "I love you very much. I'm sorry, I'm sorry baby..."

               "A..and...daddy too?"

               "Yes, daddy loves you very much too." Sungyeol answered his son.

               "Ani...mommy loves daddy too?"

               Sungyeol felt a deeper prang in his heart as his son asked him those words. He bit on his lower lips hard not knowing how to answer his son.

               "You love daddy too right? Right? You...don't love daddy anymore?"Myungsol said earnestly tears still fell from his eyes.

               "...Baby, I never stopped loving him...I just stopped showing it...You understand for me don't you?" Sungyeol said softly staring into his son's eyes.

               Myungsol nodded but still didn't let go of Sungyeol. Sungyeol wiped away his baby's tears and carrying him to his bedroom.

               "Mom..c..c can't go." Myungsol said desperately clinging to Sungyeol tightly like a mini koala.

               "There there baby, I won't go ok? I promise I won't. I'll call grandma and tell her I'll cancel the meeting ok?" Sungyeol cooed at his son and rubbed the child back warmly. "Come on, don't cry anymore."

               He felt Myungsol nodded in agreement in his embrace. After putting Myungsol to sleep he had endless calls from his mother, and angry messages about him not showing up to the date his mother arranged for him with her friend's son. If his mother didn't bug him so much about it he wouldn't even agree to it in the first place. He regretted even accepting her request.

               Sungyeol broke out from his train of thoughts when Woohyun signaled him to finish up with the customer's drink. After the night shift cleared Sungyeol sat by one of the tables in the cafe. He looked at his phone, and debated on whether or not he should call Myungsoo to check up on them.

               "Yeoboseyo?" Myungsoo's cool voice could be heard on the other line.

               "H..Hello?..." Sungyeol said suddenly finding himself nervous upon hearing Myungsoo's voice.

               "S..Sungyeol?" Myungsoo questioned. "..Uh..W..what's up?"

               "Um...I..I'm calling to check up on Myungsol. H...how was the travel? He never been far before...s..so I was wondering if he's adjusting well."

               "Oh...he's fine...he's really excited to go ice fishing...um..h..how are you doing? Are you...eating properly?" Myungsoo said awkwardly when he asked about Sungyeol's conditions.

               "Uh..Y.Yeh...I ate a few minutes ago...when break started." Sungyeol replied, "Um...c..can I talk to Myungsol for a little bit?"

               "OH..oh..um of..of course." Myungsoo said, "...Sol-ah...your Umma is on the phone. Wanna talk to Umma?" Their little boy can be heard in the background screaming excitedly.

               "Helloooo Eomma! ITs sooo pretty here! Myungsol will take lots of pictures and show them to you! Sol-sol will take pictures of fishies, and sol sol, and daddy, and build a snowman, and and mountains...." The little went on a list on the other line making his Umma laugh at his cute gesture.

               Myungsol gave the phone back to Myungsoo to return to packing his necessities for his outing.

               "H..hello?" Sungyeol called out.

               "Hi" Myungsoo said shortly.

               "Sounds like he's reaaally excited hehe." Sungyeol said in a grateful tone.

               "Yeh hehe, Um...maybe...you can come with us...next time?" Myungsoo said challenging his chance a little bit.

               "Oh..uh...s..sure, M..maybe..." Sungyeol said feeling his heart beat a bit faster.